NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Baseball Memorabilia B/S/T

Old 08-11-2009, 07:38 AM
Jason

Default Hartland Lamp

Hey there. First post.

I am looking for an orginial oblong base and shade Hartland "Mickey Mantle" Lamp with original shade. I want the shade that has the two bats and a ball on it as well. If anyone knows where I can find one, it would be much appreciated.

Jason
Old 02-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Jason

bump
Old 02-17-2010, 03:35 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Here's mine... all original, but no felt bats/ball on the shade... sorry (I actually like it better this way...)

That's gonna be a tough tough acquisition, in decent condition. Please post here, if you can eventually find one... I would be very eager/interested to see a nice example.

I'm also posting an even rarer antique Baseball Lamp... similar to the Hartland Mantle, but earlier and more scarce (from the 1930s). A great figural Pitcher resides on the Base, and is signed by the artist, Heifetz on the back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mantle.jpg (14.7 KB, 237 views)
File Type: jpg net54 048.jpg (77.9 KB, 238 views)
Old 02-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Jason

Hey thanks for the response. Nice Lamps. I do that have the Hartland lamp with the round base, but want to get one like yours as well. Already have the whole set with boxes, tags, and 15 of them are autographed (box and statue both) with pictures of the players signing them too. Very cool.

Jason
Old 02-17-2010, 06:09 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

WOW.... that must be a record for signed Hartlands! So 3 of yours are NOT autographed... Ruth and which other two (if you don't mind my asking?) I am guessing Ruth, Fox, and Maris?

Hartlands were my first love within the hobby, but once I acquired them all (sans The Confrontation- which I would never want, given the price) there wasn't much further I could go. I also became disillusioned when the Dallas hartlands came down so much in price. I acquired the Cobb when it cost $1,200 and now it sells for maybe $700 on a very good day. That was a great idea to go after autographed ones.

My only two autographed ones are the Dodgers (Drysdale and Snyder). I'm thinking that Drysdale has to be getting valuable, as he was among the first to pass away (and I bet not very many got signed).
Old 02-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Jason

You are correct. My Ruth, Fox, and Maris are the ones not signed. I also have all the Dallas and Missouri Hartlands too including the Confrontation piece (no box there though). My Feller is autographed too. I bought most of those about 14 years ago. The Hartlands are some of my favorite pieces in my collection. Always looking for any piece that would fit in with them. The lamp would sure be nice. I will try and get a picture to add the the thread of my set. I even have all the variations of the baseball cake toppers too. Been fun diplaying them over the years.

I also have a full set of the 25th anniversay pieces and the Jeff Reiss pieces that he painted to included players in different uniforms within that set. I haven't looked at those in about 10 years though. Those were pretty cool too.

Jason
Old 02-18-2010, 10:25 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Sounds awesome... would love to see your Cake Toppers and Jeff Reiss pieces in addition to all the autographed ones. I can vaguely remember a few of the Reiss Hartlands.... he painted them in different uniforrms... right? For example, Colavito as an Indian?

Be sure to post on the Memorabilia Board (not here) as more people will see it over there. Gotta love the Hartlands... my only beef is that they never made a Cincnnati Reds player. A Frank Robinson or Big Klu would have been awesome! And choosing Dick Groat over Clemente was an "interesting" choice as well...
Old 02-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Jason

Perez;

Here are some pictures of my Hartlands that we have chatted about. I included the cake toppers as well. Hope you enjoy.

Jason
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Hartlands 2010 001.jpg (74.5 KB, 139 views)
File Type: jpg Hartlands 2010 002.jpg (74.9 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg Hartlands 2010 003.jpg (72.3 KB, 137 views)
File Type: jpg Hartlands 2010 004.jpg (71.2 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg Hartlands 2010 005.jpg (74.2 KB, 138 views)
Old 02-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Matt

Great Collection! Thanks for sharing
Matt
Old 02-24-2010, 07:25 AM
Scott

yes, wonderful collection, beautifully displayed
Old 02-25-2010, 05:45 AM
Brock

Awesome stuff Jason. Very nicely displayed. Thanks for posting the pictures.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:55 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Jason...

Beautiful collection. Thanks so much for posting this. It is so tastefully displayed and shows off magnificently.

I'm still amazed at how much more realistic the original Hartlands are. Even though the newer ones used the same molds, they just never captured the subtlety or charm of the originals.

I also love the way you've displayed the tags. Are those Riker Cases that you used? It's tough to tell, but they really show off well that way.

Congrats on an amazing and very classy collection. Your Mickey Mantle Lamp is a killer as well. Please keep us posted as to whether you can find the other version. You might try calling Lou Criscione of Inside the Park Collectibles. He probably won't have one for sale, but is well connected to many Hartland/Figural Collectors who may just know of one that's available.

Last edited by perezfan; 02-26-2010 at 01:36 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:35 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Here's a little "toughie" that I recently acquired. Perhaps not the most majestic of the Hartlands, but very difficult to find in its original packaging. Even tougher with the clear blister pack firmly sealed all the way around (and not punched in).

Although not the main Memorabilia Board, this thread seemed like the best place to post it...

Jason- Please post some of you Jeff Reiss Hartlands if it's not too much trouble. Would really LOVE to see those!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Spaldings 063.jpg (78.0 KB, 74 views)

Last edited by perezfan; 02-26-2010 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Jason

Hey, I have the same bat boy in the packaging as well. I don't have it displayed though. I will see about breaking out the Riess Hartlands one weekend. I think I have them all, but not postive. For some reason I was thinking I still needed the Maris done in a Cardinals uniform. Will have to see. Wonder if Jeff is still painting these pieces? I know they were limited to 10 of each piece he did at one time. I was sending them to him as fast as he was repainting them.

Not sure if they are Riker cases. I will have to look and see. Will let you know though.

I got my round Hartland lamp from Lou last year. I saw him at the National last year in Cleveland, but he hasn't come up with an oblong one yet.

Thanks for the props on the set.

jason
Old 02-26-2010, 04:42 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Well, you're definitely one step ahead of me with all things Hartland. I've never seen the repainted Reiss ones (just heard about them), so hope you can post 'em sometime soon.

Again.... beautiful collection!

Last edited by perezfan; 02-26-2010 at 04:44 PM.
Old 02-26-2010, 10:17 PM
Joe M.

Great hartlands. I do have the complete set of original Hartlands. I had all the newer ones but sold them except fot the Cobb. Jason, here is a story, I bought that same Mantle lamp without the shade in the 1970's at an antique mall. Foolishly I tried to clean the gold from the statue because I thought it had been painted. So it became worthless.

Joe