NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-15-2007, 10:49 AM
Administrator

Default It Must be Dump Day on eBay Today

Posted By: Bob

Lord, the listings have doubled. 707 sportscards has listed what looks like a near complete set of T206s and Mike Wheat has thrown his inventory on also. I pity the seller with a couple of cards which might get lost in the shuffle by buyers who become tired and worn out going through page after page of listings from "dumpers."

Old 03-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

its 20c listing day... for all auction style listings.

Old 03-15-2007, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

Dang it!! I don't sell all that often on ebay, and sure enough put my three measly damn cards out there Monday. Hope they had enough people see them before today, b/c no one is going to wade through 40 pages of inventory to find them.

Oh well. At least it gives me a day off from ebay surfing. Dump day for sellers = off day for Joann.

J

Old 03-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

Sort them by price, lowest first, and you might find something to buy. Most of the newly listed T206 will fall outside that sort.

Gimmie a break...$275.00 for a PSA 5 common. Someone we know has a bridge for sale too.

Old 03-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

It's dump your chumps day and it does cost 20 cents for the privilege of doing so.... Today is a great day to see if you have anything worth dumping... you never know "who" might want to buy "what"....

Old 03-15-2007, 05:41 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Am I the only schmuck who actually put out cards on ebay today for a price that is not 300% more than it should be?

Old 03-15-2007, 05:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

No, there are a few others too ...

edited grammar...in a 7 word sentence...doh!!

Old 03-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dylan

I almost never see BIN that i use

Old 03-15-2007, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Counts

It is frustrating to wade through pages of overpriced vintage cards with minimum bids that are the same as last week's BINs. Come on guys, have a real auction and quit messing around. Let's see some stuff move! Is there any way I can filter out vendors like 707 Sports Cards in my eBay searches?

Old 03-15-2007, 10:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: George Dreher

After you do your search just go to the "sort by" selector and choose "lowest price first"

Old 03-15-2007, 11:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brett

The prices that the 707 sportscard guy has are rediculous....

Old 03-16-2007, 12:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

Sometimes dump your chumps day isn't so bad.... it's an opportunity to see if you can make something out of nothing... I do agree though, it sure adds a lot of crap to the pages...

Old 03-16-2007, 04:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

You can do an advanced search and take 707 out of your searches that way.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Chris Counts

Thanks, Dave

It's too bad the 707 guy has such high prices. He's got some real nice stuff. Maybe he just likes displaying his collection online ...

Old 03-16-2007, 08:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mike

Check back in a week and see what 707 sold this week at those prices. You'll be very surprised how many bites he gets.

Old 03-16-2007, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave

I think the prices that are being seen in the listings the last couple of weeks on vintage cards is indicative of the current economic situation. If you really want to buy cheap material wait a few months. I predict right now and here on NET54 that vintage card prices will fall this summer as the economy slowly starts to tank. There is going to be a huge upheaval in the banking industry when the trillion or more dollars worth of A.R.M.'s come due, and there isn't money to pay them. Investors and collectors should be able to snatch up cards easily at prices not seen for a while due to low demand and high supply. All the dealers that are buying cards right now with the hopes of turning a profirt in a few months are going to have to sell and take a loss or hold on to their goods and be patient. Since our economy is basically being driven by the real estate market right now I think once that bubble bursts, the stock market will follow, and then the overall economy. My friend has owned a lending company for several years and he is thinking that things are going to get really bad during the next few months.
Thats my prediction anyway....we'll see if it comes true. If I can go to the local Saturday card show and buy T206's for $10 each again all I can say is "Davey ...Likey those prices".

by the way the 707 prices and some of the N172 cards that are on there now are just plain ridiculously priced. These guys are either dreaming or really must be heavily invested in these cards

Old 03-16-2007, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Russ Bright

I agree... the bottom of the real estate market in Seattle is about to fall out... and we're all fearing the "R" word

(recession)

Old 03-16-2007, 10:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

I don't mind dump day so much anymore. I put a political pinback of William Jennings Bryan up that I can find absolutely no info on for a starting bid of $99.99 and I woke up this morning to see that it had a bid. The only reason I started it that high is because I was hoping someone would give me some information on it and I didn't want it to go cheap if I couldn't find anything out about it. I listed a few other items yesterday also, but all of them had low starting bids.