NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Default Prewar Baseball Postcard Site

Posted By: Robert S

Hi all;

Just a quick FYI, to let you folks know dozens and dozens of new player postcards have been added to the VintageBall.com Postcard section, spanning the years 1900 to 1955, with small write-ups on each issue or card.

Galleries and images have been posted for such issues as Rose Postcard Co., HM Taylor, Dietsche, Wolverine News, Morgan Stationery, 1908 Team Cards, Berger Postal Folders and much more!

There are now three main pages to the Player Postcard section (with various offshoot galleries):

Player Postcards 1900-1908:
Includes cards from these issuers, among others, in chronological order: Lincoln Publishing Co.; Sporting Life; F.P. Burke; V.O. Hammon; American League Publishing Co.; Dietsche; Ullman; HM Taylor; Grignon; Morgan Stationery; JB Coyle; Rose; Novelty Cutlery; FJ Offerman; HH Bregstone.

Player Postcards 1909-1914:
Includes cards from these issuers: Topping; Corbit Studios; Crose; PC796 Sepia; Sporty Postal Card Co.; Sporting News; Boston American; Case Motor Car; Max Stein; E&S Publishing; Berger Postal Card Folder.

Player Postcards 1915-1955:
Includes cards from these issuers: 1919 Reds; 1920s Manager Series; Block Bros.; Minden Press; Charles Denby; Wheaties; Orcajo / Val Decker Packing; JJK Copyart.

Other postcard sections include a Brief Overview of Baseball Postcards, Real Photo section, and a Ballpark Postcards section, all of which hopefully will be updated in the near future.

Links to other postcard sites – such as Steve Murray’s great Ullman site – will be added soon.

The other areas of the VintageBall.com site, meanwhile, haven’t been updated in quite some time.

Thanks to all who contributed images or info!

Old 11-21-2006, 11:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bruce Babcock

Great stuff, Robert. Very nice to see so many great post cards in one place.

Old 11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

I am a frequent visitior.

Thanks for putting that site together. It is a great site to visit.

Old 11-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Bretta

Robert, I didn't know that was your site. I've been looking at that for about a year or so now. Thanks for all you do there.

Old 11-21-2006, 01:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: steve f

My wife hates Vintageball.com... I was supposed to be vacuuming, but spent over a halfhour at that website instead. Terrific research Robert.

Old 11-21-2006, 06:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: vintagecatcher

Hi Robert:

As always, your site looks great.

The Sanford Team that you did a "spotlight" on in your real-photo postcard section represents the team from Sanford, Maine. Sanford, Maine and Springvale, Maine happen to be adjacent towns in York County. You noted that the postcard mentions that Sanford won 3-0 against Springvale.

Sanford is also where Freddy Parent called home. (I'm moving back to the area just East of these towns in December.)

Be Well,

Patrick

Old 11-22-2006, 06:57 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

I tried to find a link to your email address and couldn't. Ergo, I am posting a link to another of my sites that you may find interesting. There are some 150 or so postcards pictuerd on 11 pages. Steve.

http://groups.msn.com/VintageBaseballPostcardCollectors/shoebox.msnw

Old 11-22-2006, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Steve, I see you have Joe's Giants postcard on your site...did you own that card at one time?

btw...you have a lot of very nice postcards.

Old 11-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Administrator

No, I never owned it. As you can see in the left hand border there is an over-print by the guy who did and from whom Joe acquired it. I sniped a scan of it for inclusion on the site. The site was originally set up so that other postcard colectors could contribute scans but it never really took off. I haven't, nor has anyone else, posted since I built the site in 2004. It was 95% from my collection at that time but a lot of cards have gone to other collectors. For example JC rangled the Giants fold-out from me and it is now in his collection.

Old 11-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: RobertS

I'm glad you guys like the site and find it useful. It's too bad I don't have more time to keep it updated. I'm slowly working on different features.

Dan-- I have a bunch of updates to make to the photo area, with new information that has been submitted to me about the photos over the past two years. I also have new images to add. Do you have a site with some of your great images (like the McIntyre ones) that I can add to my links page?

Patrick-- I will try to add the Maine connection soon to the Sanford spotlight. Thanks for telling me!

Steve-- I will add both links next time I update my links page. I actually believe I've seen your other site before, or at least some of the images -- truly an amazing collection. I may ask you about using an image or two on VintageBall.com to illustrate a point in an upcoming write-up I'm working on for the site.

Again, thanks for the kind words about the site. It can be a real pain to update (I'm using Homestead's SiteBuilder software, so everything needs to be moved manually), so it's good to hear that people actually find the info and images useful or entertaining!

Robert

Old 11-22-2006, 07:23 PM
Administrator

From my collection:

Old 11-22-2006, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Robert here is a link to some of my photos...

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b331/nudan92/Vintage%20Baseball%20Snapshots/

The McIntyre photos are on page 2.