NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-12-2006, 07:39 PM
Administrator

Default btw...some board rules on anonymity

Posted By: leon

OK...after just deleting a thread and some posts, in a different thread, let me make this perfectly clear. If you make some startling accusation you better have your first and last name next to your post, unless your board handle is well known. If there is a conversation about the existence of certain cards you can not post anonymously saying you have seen something. Not going to happen. It's a gray area so that's about as plain as I can make it. Don't be surprised if you are anonymous and your post gets deleted. Folks that put their names next to stuff (including known handles) get a huge amount of leeway to say what they want to. Anonymous folks don't. thanks much....leon aka moderator dude

Old 08-12-2006, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: mark t

Why is ok to post about a card that is ALLEGEDLY a stolen pic but not post about cards that are obviously trimmed? Seems like a double standard to me. If it is myself that was deleted, i don't know why, i did not post anonymously.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:12 PM
Administrator

I guess I should know your last name but I don't, or don't remember. The first card I looked at didn't look trimmed to me. Regardless, if you want to you can post your first and last name then "out" and say most anything you want. I didn't even look at the other auctions you posted about...it really is nothing personal....regards

Old 08-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve M.

You (the original poster) may be referring to my post regarding the e107. If so there is a significant difference between the two posts.

Firstly, your post was directed at someone who is known to the board and is a respected collector. My post was directed to an unknown ebay lister who had no ebay activity for over six years and was offering a $15,000 item. And it was a private auction.

Secondly, the ebay seller you posted about clearly stated in his listings that he stood by the authenticity of his items and stood by the fact that they are unaltered. That assurance in his listings should have aleviated any need to come on this board and state that the cards are trimmed.

Thirdly, as Leon points out in his original post, you came on anomously, and for posts such as yours that is taboo. I wasn't the least bit surprised that the post had been deleted and thought our moderator was too kind in the btw.

Stephen R. Murray

Old 08-12-2006, 08:31 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

The criteria here is not whether the consensus is that we agree with your assessment regarding trimming.

The subject really is that Leon has a quota to reach regarding threads deleted, and it is Friday, so if he doesn't reach his goal, the contributors may withhold their donations.

So, you have to wear your nametag. The cops are on patrol.

By the way, I disagree with your analysis. I only found one card an obvious trim. The others, I may have not have noticed if you did not point them out.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Turner

people to get duped into paying hard earned money on something that can never get graded. I do not buy anything myself that is not graded anymore. Not that i have ever been taken but the more i learn about this hobby the more i see there are evil sellers out there. I did not mean to imply t206 holygrailcollector was not an honest guy. Just don't state that the card is unaltered, it is safer to just list the card as possible trimmed that way the buyer has a heads up that it may be. I know that he has 100 percent feedback and does seem to be a decent ebay seller. Also, he has over 5000 positive feedbacks and does many auctions, i just wonder why he did not send those cards to psa, sgc, gai and then get more money on ebay for them. I respect this board very much, i hope to become a respected member of vintage collecting, thanks all.

Old 08-13-2006, 07:17 AM
Administrator

That's fine about stating your opinion with your name. I am sure you can understand why that rule is the way it is. It really had nothing to do with the seller, or you, for that matter. We just don't want anonymous accusations, good or bad. As for selling on ebay when I sell a card not graded then it is guaranteed to be unaltered unless I say otherwise. Someone with thousands of feedback and no negatives, has the same policy, I assure you. It's an unwritten (well there's a UCC law somewhere) rule that ebay card sales are legit cards unless stated otherwise.....Thanks again for your understanding and welcome to the board. This particular board rule could also protect "you" in the future.....best regards