NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-08-2017, 08:28 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Visit my new website

www.sniperetractor.com

where you can place a snipe bid with 2 seconds left in an auction and then retract it with one second to go.

No max bid is safe and you never need to win a thing.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:40 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Visit my new website

www.sniperetractor.com

where you can place a snipe bid with 2 seconds left in an auction and then retract it with one second to go.

No max bid is safe and you never need to win a thing.
you could at least set up a rickroll...
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 06-08-2017, 08:42 PM
Peter Spaeth

Frank you should offer a companion service www.stringbid.com/pwcc that will, at a pre-selected time after the opening of a PWCC auction, place up to ten sequential bids at a pre-designated interval.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-08-2017, 08:47 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Frank you should offer a companion service www.stringbid.com/pwcc that will, at a pre-selected time after the opening of a PWCC auction, place up to ten sequential bids at a pre-designated interval.

Already working on it.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Anyone up for a group dialogue by the PWCC booth

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrackaJackKid View Post
They can't block the highest bidder, he's probably the only authentic bidder in the whole auction. �� Brent and Betsy need to go find a real job. And yes, I am the type of person that will say this to your face. Can't wait for Nationals
1 lonely voice.... but if there were a group of people - I bet that would draw some needed attention to those unaware of how shady things are here!
Old 06-09-2017, 09:20 AM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrompa View Post
That the acrimony , discontent and sarcasm have been brought back to this thread . I was worried .
It was awful during the Mastro threads too, when they came on the board and told all of us malcontents how wrong we were. John Rogers did it too, another good hobby guy who just happen to run into a sarcastic few:

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/arti...z-editors-note

Brent and his alter ego Betsy are just the latest in the long list of great hobby guys who were just trying to do the rest of us collectors some good with their auctions until they were derailed by us skeptical no-goodnicks.
Old 06-09-2017, 09:26 AM
pete ullman

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
It was awful during the Mastro threads too, when they came on the board and told all of us malcontents how wrong we were. John Rogers did it too, another good hobby guy who just happen to run into a sarcastic few:

http://www.arkansasbusiness.com/arti...z-editors-note

Brent and his alter ego Betsy are just the latest in the long list of great hobby guys who were just trying to do the rest of us collectors some good with their auctions until they were derailed by us skeptical no-goodnicks.
yup
Old 06-14-2017, 11:27 AM
Peter Spaeth

11 retraction underbidder on second most expensive card, Star Jordan.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.d...p2471758.m4792

25 (lol) retraction high bidder on fourth most expensive card, Fleer Jordan.

18 retraction guy from a few days ago still underbidder on LeBron, guess he merited an exemption after all.

Carry on.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-14-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 11:45 AM
Robert Williams

The Frank Robinson winning bidder had a QUADRUPLE stack going on.....which means his bid was higher.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:16 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:

18 retraction guy from a few days ago still underbidder on LeBron, guess he merited an exemption after all.

Carry on.
The fact e-bay let's this go on is fing insane. Can you imagine what is happening at the AH's that we can't see? Ten-fold this crap.

The only saving grace for me is I put a snipe in at what I think the card is worth; then I walk away. Sometimes I don't even know I won a card until days later. Any other way is just an invitation to be screwed or make an emotional high bid.

Last edited by Leon; 06-14-2017 at 12:25 PM. Reason: f bomb
Old 06-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:

Carry on.
I'm sure Betsy is readying a response. Betsy. LOL
Old 06-14-2017, 01:21 PM
Peter Spaeth

"As of April 1, 2017 PWCC places blocks on any user ID that has more than 10 bid cancellations in the past six months. This reflects a reduction in the number of allowed bid cancellations from 25 to 10. As the program continues to mature and continues to affect bidder behavior, PWCC will continue to reduce the threshold."

Old 06-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I'm sure Betsy is readying a response. Betsy. LOL
I bet it is another on a very long list of naive bidders. Seems to be her go to response.
Old 06-14-2017, 01:23 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Simple typo.

Should be

April 1, 2018.

274/1000 Monster Number

Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:39 PM
Al Richter

You fellas apparently do not fully appreciate, as Betsy explained in post 40, there are different types of retractions. These you are seeing now must be the naive, inconsiderate but non malicious kind.

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 06-14-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:46 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
You fellas apparently do not fully appreciate, as Besty explained in post 40, there are different types of retractions. These you are seeing now must be the naive, inconsiderate but non malicious kind.
That's funny.
Old 06-14-2017, 02:57 PM
Peter Spaeth

Just as an aside, the high bidder on the Frank Robinson, who was at 14 retractions at the time Brent and/or Betsy had that heart to heart with him, is now at 15. Must have been another non malicious one.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-14-2017 at 02:58 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 03:07 PM
Rob G.

Quote:
"As of April 1, 2017 PWCC places blocks on any user ID that has more than 10 bid cancellations in the past six months. This reflects a reduction in the number of allowed bid cancellations from 25 to 10. As the program continues to mature and continues to affect bidder behavior, PWCC will continue to reduce the threshold."
The coincidence of a promise made on April 1st ...
Old 06-14-2017, 03:56 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Jeez...give Betsy a chance to come on here and explain. My guess is that she can tell us these bidders have both won and paid for more than $60,000 worth of auctions and are therefore exempt from the retraction policy.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:33 PM
rob.ert int.rieri

Quote:
As the program continues to mature? What is that supposed to mean? What maturing has to occur, more than 2 bid retractions and you should be done regardless of how much has been spent previously by the bidder. Bids that are retracted influence other bidders prior to retraction and no matter how you look at it are manipulative. I honestly can't see the rationale for allowing multiple retractions. This entire situation stinks in my opinion.
Old 06-14-2017, 04:39 PM
Peter Spaeth

Robert, I could not agree more. In my opinion it's a lot of feel-good BS and even the feel-good BS doesn't appear to be sincere, as the 10 limit is not being enforced.

Old 06-14-2017, 04:51 PM

Default Explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent Huigens View Post
It is true that one of the bidders in this listing exceeds our threshold of bid retractions. We have been in close contact with him/her due to the concerning retractions on this listing. In this case we have a somewhat naïve bidder
using bid retractions inconsiderately but not maliciously. He/she has won and paid for almost $60k in the last three months with PWCC which demonstrates his/her follow through with his/her purchases.

We have explained our policies to this bidder and the inheritant damage that bid retractions cause to the auction environment which has been met with apologies and understanding and agreement to refrain from retracting moving forward. With this in mind we believe the bidder's bid retraction count will improve and we have decided to allow this bidder to continue to bid. If we notice more retractions by this user ID it will be blocked.

Yesterday we held a conference call with the eBay Trust & Safety team to show this as a case study of the fundamental brokenness of the the bid retraction tool and how it can enable otherwise good members of the community to act in a way that is disruptive.

Betsy Huigens
PWCC Auctions

Not sure where the confusion is??

Toby Petersen
Old 06-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfish View Post
Not sure where the confusion is??

Toby Petersen
Let's see, I'm confused by the fact that after the kind explanation, for which no proviso was made in their "rules", the bidder has since retracted ANOTHER bid. I am confused by their failure to enforce THEIR OWN policy by the letter of the law they set forth, and I am confused by "inheritant" but that could just be a personal problem.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions

Last edited by Aquarian Sports Cards; 06-14-2017 at 05:09 PM.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:28 PM
Peter Spaeth

Inheritant -- one who inherits?

Old 06-14-2017, 05:33 PM
Jay Cee

Maybe PWCC should just ban everyone that goes on any forum and complains about them. Just stop bidding and problem solved.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:35 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Maybe PWCC should just ban everyone that goes on any forum and complains about them. Just stop bidding and problem solved.
I have an even better idea. Maybe PWCC should just be truthful, or not speak at all.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:57 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
I have an even better idea. Maybe PWCC should just be truthful, or not speak at all.
lol. You can't expect the fraudsters and their co-conspirators to follow that advice.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:09 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
You fellas apparently do not fully appreciate, as Betsy explained in post 40, there are different types of retractions. These you are seeing now must be the naive, inconsiderate but non malicious kind.
These, and others are humorous, but also sad at the same time.

Embarrassed that I use to speak highly of them.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:53 PM
Jeff Lowe

Default malicious kind ?

Every bid after a retraction is suspicious to me . Who does that ?
Old 06-14-2017, 08:02 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrompa View Post
Every bid after a retraction is suspicious to me . Who does that ?
Screwed up people.
Old 06-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Andrew Mc.Gann

None of the auction houses allow so much as one bid retraction. Granted, there's tons of funny business going on with a lot of them too, but I'm just sayin'.
Old 06-14-2017, 10:12 PM
J@ohn B.ar#ne.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Screwed up people.
I agree, but e-bay buries the retracted bid at the bottom of the page. I would bet over 50% of bidders on e-bay never see it. All by design.

Most of these auctions you have to scroll to the bottom of the page to see if there is a retracted bid. Might be another reason you see so many "string" bidders and multiple bids; so they can bury the retraction another page-down.

It's only a matter of time before e-bay rolls out a members only "high-end" bidding platform with minimum seller/buyer ratings, no retractions, etc.
Old 06-15-2017, 06:30 AM
Peter Spaeth

Ebay seems to care far far more about whether you try to sneak an email or phone number into a message. After so many years it seems unlikely to me ebay is going to take a serious stand on retractions. But IMO, sellers have an independent obligation to ensure the integrity of their auctions/business.

Old 06-15-2017, 07:05 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Ebay seems to care far far more about whether you try to sneak an email or phone number into a message. After so many years it seems unlikely to me ebay is going to take a serious stand on retractions. But IMO, sellers have an independent obligation to ensure the integrity of their auctions/business.
How true is that! Even if you try and space it, or code it, they seem to be on top of it.

I know of a CDN seller, even if his cards don't sell, will not sell private after his auctions end as he is under the impression, if he has listed them on E-Bay then that is his only avenue to sell his cards.
Old 06-15-2017, 07:44 AM
Greg Z@y@tz

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I know of a CDN seller, even if his cards don't sell, will not sell private after his auctions end as he is under the impression, if he has listed them on E-Bay then that is his only avenue to sell his cards.
TOO TRUE! I had a NET54 member decline to end an eBay listing and sell the card to me via PM as he was concerned that the eBay Police would find out and suspend his account - REALLY!
Old 06-15-2017, 07:46 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggoman View Post
TOO TRUE! I had a NET54 member decline to end an eBay listing and sell the card to me via PM as he was concerned that the eBay Police would find out and suspend his account - REALLY!
Ebay wanted a cut of the cards that I consigned with Robert Edwards auctions last year. True story
Old 06-15-2017, 09:15 AM
Sean Costello

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Ebay wanted a cut of the cards that I consigned with Robert Edwards auctions last year. True story
What was their reasoning?
Old 06-15-2017, 09:44 AM

Default And

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean View Post
What was their reasoning?

..and how did they even know ??

Old 06-15-2017, 11:13 AM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
That's some Orwellian $h-- right there. I'm sure we'd love to hear the story if you feel safe to share it.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Robert Williams

It was a joke guys...Ebay is not THAT bad........yet.
Old 06-15-2017, 11:33 AM
Sean Costello

Quote:
It was a joke guys...Ebay is not THAT bad........yet.
So that is what that little face emoji means.