NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Administrator

Default t207 prices

Posted By: jorge

I am new to this forum. i recently started collecting t207 cards and i wanted to know what would be the best source for a price guide for this set i have heard that the standard catalog of baseball cards is the best,any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 01-23-2006, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Default t207 prices

Posted By: identify7

In my estimation, the only reasonably reliable price guide is the one which you generate by yourself, or obtain from a friend. All published guides do not necessarilly reflect current prices.

The method which I use to generate a price guide is to assess and tabulate recently completed auctions. It is a lot of work, and often requires insight into the bidding process, but the results which you continue to build are reliable. Additionally, as your study grows, you eventually become aware of the prices of the cards involved. This awareness no longer necessitates the compilation of auction results. You simply update your mental summary.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Default t207 prices

generally current and older auctions are the resource i use, i just thought maybe there was something published. Why doesnt Beckett list these in their catalog ? thank you for you insight on this. greatly appreciated.

if anyone is looking to sell T207 cards please contact me, thanks.

Old 01-23-2006, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Default t207 prices

Posted By: Chad

I think the problem is that the prices move too quickly and there's just not enough of a demand for a publsiher to make a buck staying on top of the market for vintage sets. Like Gil said, you're really better off tracking this stuff yourself, and, since your focus is one set, it should be manageable. Good luck with your collecting.

--Chad

Old 01-23-2006, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Default t207 prices

Posted By: Anonymous

Are you focusing on lower grade or higher grade?
Raw or slabbed?

Old 01-23-2006, 02:03 PM
Administrator

Default t207 prices

really i am concentrating on any grade so as long as i have sufficient funds available, i dont make an awesome salary so i dont think at the moment the high grade cards will be feasable for me.

do you have some t207 you are looking to part with? thanks.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Default t207 prices

Chad.

thank you for your thoughts, it does make sense what you say. i appreciate it and thanks for wishing me luck.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:14 PM
Administrator

Default t207 prices

Posted By: tbob

Jorge- the prices on T207s is very volatile depending on a lot of factors. Among the "tough back cards" (Cycle, Broadleaf and Anonymous)the prices can skyrocket several times "book" for really, really nice examples. SCD is starting to catch up with the current buying prices on T207s but is still lagging behind. The real steals in the 207 set are the cards which have "common backs" (Recruit)and are also very, very tough- there are about 6 or 7 of them and some collectors know which ones. The other factor is the "Napoleon" backs which are very scarce but because they feature "common backs" players aren't adequately reflected in the guides.
Clear as mud?

Old 01-23-2006, 02:22 PM
Administrator

Default t207 prices

tbob

thanks for your input, i will keep this in mind.

once again if anyone has some t207 they want to part with send me a message and hopefully we can work something out.

Old 01-23-2006, 04:27 PM
Administrator

Default t207 prices

Posted By: Anonymous

Your best bet is to start with a lot of cards in your desired grade.
You will fill the easy ones as cheaply as possible and maybe get a few of the tougher ones also. Buying one at a time will be costly and time consuming.