NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-27-2010, 06:59 PM

Default Show us your no-hitter tickets

I've been wanting to throw this out as a thread for awhile. I scanned a few of my favorites in my collection:
1) Two ticket stubs from Vandy's 2nd consecutive no-no in 1938 (June 15, 1938), which was also the 1st night game at Ebbets Field- you gotta love the lightbulb die-cut design! The ticket on the left is a complimentary ticket from the Lower Stand seats. The ultra rare red Box Seat version shown on the right is a real toughee to find. It should be noted that the great majority of tickets sold to this game were undated and did not feature the lightbulb shape like the high end seats featured.
2) A perfect stub to Harvey Haddix's near perfect game that was broken up in the 13th inning. This stub was literally saved from incineration at the last second by a collector friend at an estate sale in Milwaukee some 12 years ago.
3) A super rarre ticket stub to Bob Feller's Opening Day no-hitter in 1940. Check out the ticket number on the stub (000001)- the 1st walk-up patron to buy a grandstand ticket to the game-neat!!
Jimmy- I've added companion pieces where possible. Enjoy!
Old 01-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Graig Kreindler

GREAT thread, Scott. That Feller ticket must be SUPER tough.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:02 PM

Default No-hitter tickets

Greg,
Thanks! I only have seen 2 tickets to Feller's O/D no-hitter in the 38 years I've been collecting this theme.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post

Jimmy- I've added companion pieces where possible. Enjoy!
I've been looking forward to this thread since you mentioned it to me a couple of weeks ago Scott. Especially the older stubs. Let's see 'em!

I only have a few to contribute and I'll kick it off with Sandy's perfecto.

koufaxperfectgamestub.jpg

and of course a companion piece

vintage original TYPE III photo. This will have to do until I can upgrade to a TYPE I photo...

koufaxperfectgameTYPE3.jpg
Old 01-28-2010, 02:23 PM
Paul

Default I've been to 3 no-hitters/2 perfect games

Al Leiter (no hitter) in 1996
David Wells in 1998
David Cone in 1999

I have all the tickets stubs from those, naturally.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206
Old 01-28-2010, 02:45 PM
Banned

Ticket stubs from Indians no-hitters:

Friday, May 15, 1981 -- Len Barker's perfect game

Sunday, July 1, 1951
-- Bob Feller's third no-hitter

July 19, 1947 -- Don Black

April 16, 1940 -- Feller's opening-day no-hitter

May 30, 1977 -- Dennis Eckersley

Friday, June 10, 1966 -- Sonny Siebert

Note: The Oct. 2 ticket stub in the top group is from when Feller struck out 18 in a 4-1 loss to the Tigers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nonos.jpg (70.1 KB, 63 views)
File Type: jpg sonny.jpg (76.5 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-28-2010, 02:49 PM

Default Personally attending 3 no-hitters (including 2 perfect games)!!

Wow-that's incredible! Congrats!
What are the odds on that happening in a person's lifetime? I think that you should consistently play the lotto, because your ships due to come in soon....
Old 01-28-2010, 03:24 PM

Default Rob D.- Indians no-hitter tickets

Rob,
Awesome Indians no-hitter ticket collection you have there! With your Feller O/D no-hitter stub I have now seen 3. The other one was a pink ticket and came with a scored program. The Don Black no-hitter stub is a pretty scarce one. I own one of those, as well as the others in your collection.
Thanks for including the picture of feller's 18 K game. I've been looking for that for years. Very nice!! Let me know if you ever want to part with it.
BTW- Have you seen the Feller 2nd no-hitter stub (at NY) that the guy has been trying to sell on eBay recently? A bit pricey, but he has it at a BIN or best offer. That would complete your Feller no-no collection. Seems like a natural for your collection!