NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-11-2014, 01:14 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Private message emails quit working again.....

It seems a few folks (maybe everyone) aren't getting their emails from PMs that they are supposed to be getting. Sorry for the issues guys. On it...

Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2014 2:59 PM

New Ticket Created
Token: [088-xx-xx-0587]
Subject: Emails not working again
Department: Server Support

Old 12-11-2014, 01:45 PM
Peter Spaeth

PM sent.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Derek Granger

I got 4 PM's with the same message @ 12:15pm today...not sure if it's related. I deleted the duplicates though, so no rummaging through my PM's, mr. moderator!

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 244/342 (71.4%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 114/119 (95.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 177/180 (98.3%)
Old 12-11-2014, 01:52 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Mine never did start working. Hopefully this time when it gets fixed I will be back.
Old 12-11-2014, 03:10 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Nope here still
Old 12-14-2014, 09:48 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

As of this morning the Hosting company has determined all settings are correct. There is one report of multiple emails from one PM. Can anyone else please report on what is going on for your own situation, with regard to board emails? I will continue to hound dog it until we get it working the way it should. Thanks guys!!
Old 12-15-2014, 06:55 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
As of this morning the Hosting company has determined all settings are correct. There is one report of multiple emails from one PM. Can anyone else please report on what is going on for your own situation, with regard to board emails? I will continue to hound dog it until we get it working the way it should. Thanks guys!!
Generally speaking we, as humans, like to gripe. Since no one responded to this request I am of the assumption that the emails are working again. If no one responds to this in the next 24 hours, or so, I will have the hosting company close the support ticket concerning emails. thanks
Old 12-15-2014, 07:12 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Generally speaking we, as humans, like to gripe. Since no one responded to this request I am of the assumption that the emails are working again. If no one responds to this in the next 24 hours, or so, I will have the hosting company close the support ticket concerning emails. thanks
I haven't gotten a PM since this issue so I can't confirm one way or the other about my own personal issues with it.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:30 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
I haven't gotten a PM since this issue so I can't confirm one way or the other about my own personal issues with it.
You just confirmed you aren't getting them. That is what I was looking for. That being said it would be nice to hear from others too. Thanks much!!
Old 12-15-2014, 09:20 AM
FredYoung

My PM's have been coming thru fine this past week.

I sent an EM around 12:30 this AM that I haven't heard back from yet, but it was overnite so maybe he hasn't gotten it yet or had time to reply.

I'll LYK if he doesn't get it.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:26 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
My PM's have been coming thru fine this past week.

I sent an EM around 12:30 this AM that I haven't heard back from yet, but it was overnite so maybe he hasn't gotten it yet or had time to reply.

I'll LYK if he doesn't get it.
Thanks Fred
I have another confirmation (just now) they are working fine from an every day board member. I am thinking that Andy's (above) email client might be an issue. Still would like to hear from others so I can move onto other things .
Old 12-15-2014, 03:37 PM
FredYoung

Default Hi Leon--

The EM went thru just fine also, so BOTH EM/PM seem to be working for me at the present time!
Old 12-15-2014, 03:57 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

Still not getting mine neither- none, nadda, zero, zilch. I have sent a few test Pm to myself, nothing in my email box.
I looked into my At&T side for support and found this:
Quote:
If you can get into your AT&T email, but you have trouble sending or receiving messages, try these tips.
If you are logged in to your email on the Web
Be sure an expected email didn't land in your Spam folder.
In your Settings (access by selecting the gear icon in the top right corner of your email page):
In the Blocked Addresses section, be sure there are no addresses from which you would expect email.
Review the Filters section to be sure your emails arrive in the correct folder.
Log out of your email, and then log back in.
Open your AT&T email in a different Web browser. For example, if you normally use Internet Explorer, try Firefox or Google Chrome.
Clear your cookies and cache. Sometimes these slow down browsing speeds and conflict with email.
Enable Javascript, and make sure it is up to date. You can find this in your browser settings or browser options.
Disable browser tools or add-ons, to find out if they conflict with your email access.
Enable Adobe Flash Player, and make sure it is up to date.
Send a test email to autobounce@att.net. If everything is okay, you will receive an auto-response email within two minutes.

I will try some of these and see if any works out.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 12-15-2014 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-15-2014, 04:47 PM
Richard D

Default ..

I sent 2 pms this past week with no replies, so I suspect they never went through.
Will the "fix" send all emails that were previously not sent, or should we go back and resend whatever appears to have not been delivered?
Richard D
Old 12-15-2014, 04:59 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

My pm r working, sending and receiving
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 12-15-2014, 05:10 PM
Fred

No problems here with the PMs.
Old 12-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightair View Post
I sent 2 pms this past week with no replies, so I suspect they never went through.
Will the "fix" send all emails that were previously not sent, or should we go back and resend whatever appears to have not been delivered?
Richard D
I don't know but I would certainly resend emails if you haven't received responses.
Old 12-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default Some Problems

Hi Leon, Late this evening I found a PM from a board member but no email notice arrived.
Old 12-16-2014, 06:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den*nis O*Brien View Post
Hi Leon, Late this evening I found a PM from a board member but no email notice arrived.
Hi Dennis
I think this is going to be a one-off issue as everyone else's now seems to be working, even Andy's after his email client was changed. Let me know if it keeps not working, and worked before, and we can look into the specific issue. If ANYONE else is having troubles with emails from the board, and it was working for you fine before, please post in this thread. thanks
Old 12-16-2014, 03:45 PM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I deleted/clear my cookies & cache.
Keep in mind i am not-so tech saavy. I have no clue whats wrong. But i am not longer getting email notications. I keep trying to send it to myself. Nothing in my emails.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:53 PM
Ben H*ds@n

Is anyone experiencing any problems with the PM on this board? Recently, I have had similar issues as those mentioned in this thread. See the 1935 Goudey thread in the BST section.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:11 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
Is anyone experiencing any problems with the PM on this board? Recently, I have had similar issues as those mentioned in this thread. See the 1935 Goudey thread in the BST section.
I just saw that. Over in that thread you said you got 2 emails. Were those after you did a PM? But then it stopped working again and now you aren't getting them?

Last edited by Leon; 12-17-2014 at 06:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:32 PM
Ben H*ds@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by leon View Post
i just saw that. Over in that thread you said you got 2 emails. Were those after you did a pm? But then it stopped working again and now you aren't getting them?
After I left a post on the BST thread stating that I did not get a response from my first PM, the seller sent me a PM. I responded to that PM. When the seller responded to my PM, I recieved 2 PM's with the same content at the same time. I responded to one of the PM's, not sure which PM, and I am not certain the seller recieved my response. I am in no way blaming the seller as I think this is a glitch with the PM part of the board and this coincides with other posts on this thread. Hope this helps.
image.jpg

Last edited by Big Ben; 12-17-2014 at 07:33 PM.
Old 12-17-2014, 07:42 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
After I left a post on the BST thread stating that I did not get a response from my first PM, the seller sent me a PM. I responded to that PM. When the seller responded to my PM, I recieved 2 PM's with the same content at the same time. I responded to one of the PM's, not sure which PM, and I am not certain the seller recieved my response. I am in no way blaming the seller as I think this is a glitch with the PM part of the board and this coincides with other posts on this thread. Hope this helps.
Attachment 171570
..No doubt our emails and/or reminders have not been working well lately. My apologies on that. My issue is I don't know what to tell the hosting company as, if I am not mistaking, there are others who are getting the appropriate emails. Generally, but not always, if our system doesn't work it doesn't work. This sounds more like a s/w compatibility issue than a "miss configured" issue. In other words it's not by pushing some button that it will get fixed, as generally can be done when there have been these issues in the past. Usually either everyone gets them or no one gets them.