NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Pricing

Posted By: George

Hello,
I am new to the forum and have found this to be an exceptional source of information on vintage cards...so many experts and great topics! Can anyone point me in the right direction for a source to determine pricing for T206 cards? I understand that there are several sources such as t206.org, t206museum.com and T206 estimator(for 2006-2007 ebay auctions) but are there other sources or one that experienced T206 collectors often use? I have recently purchased many of my T206 cards from ebay to fulfill my addiction (I think it will be a lifelong one...and painfully expensive at times) and just don't want to overpay (at least not too many times). Thanks.

George

Old 10-13-2007, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Pricing

Posted By: Bobby Binder

Are you buying your cards graded or raw?

Old 10-13-2007, 05:52 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Pricing

Posted By: Jimmy

"The Standard Catalog of Baseball Cards" Price guide is great

Borders Books and Barnes and Nobles should have it

oldcardboard.com - the few that you mentioned are great - vintagecardprices and cardpricer.com

PSA SMR for graded cards

look at the forum links

good luck

Jimmy

Old 10-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Pricing

Posted By: barry arnold

You've already received some good answers.
I simply want to say how pleased I am to have another lover of 206s on board.
Welcome! You'll find many great 206 colleagues here.
The MONSTER will want you to quit. Don't listen to it.

all the best,

barry

Old 10-13-2007, 06:12 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Pricing

Posted By: T206Collector

I used vintagecardprices.com to accurately determine the appropriate market for my cards. I am unaware of a more accurate guide.

Old 10-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Administrator

Default T206 Pricing

Posted By: Lee Behrens

All the sites that have prices are for graded cards. The only raw prices are in the paper price guides and they seem to miss all the nuiances of the set. If you are collecting grade the sites work great, if you want to buy raw watch ebay for a couple of months, that is about the best you can do.

Lee

Old 10-14-2007, 07:55 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Pricing

Folks,
Thank you so much for all the great insight! It is much appreciated. I have a lot of learning to do and I think over time will get a better sense of the hobby and what is a "fair" price to pay for some cards. I've been trying to collect both graded and ungraded cards although I honestly prefer the raw cards unless there's a lower grade HOF that I can pick up at a reasonable price. The suggestion about monitoring previous ebay auctions is definitely a good metric although eBay seems to have smartened up and now and limit the history of completed listings unless you want to pay extra to view longer periods of time.

I also am fascinated by the mix of unique hard to find backs and that in and of itself can drive someone crazy....I'm sure it already has for some folks. Anyway, thank you again for the quick responses and great links. Looking forward to having more dialogue with the great people on this site.

George

Old 10-14-2007, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Pricing

Posted By: Ed Ivey

vintagecardprices.com. Proud member.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Pricing

Posted By: Eric Brehm

I use both Sports Market Report (SMR) and vintagecardprices.com for graded cards. SMR prices are probably based on a larger data base, and are good for assessing long term trends, but they often lag behind when there are fundamental changes in the market. vintagecardprices is good for assessing current market prices, particularly with relatively scarce cards that are thinly traded and don't have an extensive track record of prices that can be averaged.

In any case, SMR is important because people do in fact use it as a reference point, for better or for worse, when making buying decisions; it is to a large degree self-fulfilling prophesy.

Old 10-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Default T206 Pricing

Thank you for the information. I have been using SMR recently and it is quite amusing to see how many PSA graded cards come very close to the SMR pricing...definitely agree that at times it's a self fulfilling prophecy.

George