NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-12-2018, 07:29 PM
swarmee's Avatar
swarmee swarmee is offline
J0hn Raff3rty
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Niceville FL
Posts: 2,692
Default PSA Bulk Pricing going up on Sept 1

Haven't seen any memo from PSA about it, but someone posted on Collector's Universe (their message board) showing that the current bulk pricing will be re-evaluated at the end of the month. Declared value of $99 or less per card.
Currently, it is:
$10 for a minimum of 10 items, 50 day service level
$8 for a minimum of 50 items, 65 day service level
$7 for a minimum of 100 items, 65 day service level

I just sent in 120 cards two weeks ago, but may have to cram the box with another bulk submission before this expires.
Need to also send in a group of coins and a group of oversized (currently $16/card this month through monthly special).

This may really hurt their vintage set collectors who were grading commons from the 60-80s. Return on investment isn't worth it, and most people were waiting for a monthly special cheaper than the $7.
__________________
--
Current Want to Buy/Trade for List:
1930s Phoebe Phelps Caramel Pennant of Georgia Tech
1910 Painted handkerchief of GA Tech pennant girl by F. Earl Christy sold by Atlanta Toy Museum on eBay circa 2000.
COMC store: https://www.comc.com/Users/mjohnatgt,sh,i100
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-12-2018, 11:11 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Haven't seen any memo from PSA about it, but someone posted on Collector's Universe (their message board) showing that the current bulk pricing will be re-evaluated at the end of the month. Declared value of $99 or less per card.
Currently, it is:
$10 for a minimum of 10 items, 50 day service level
$8 for a minimum of 50 items, 65 day service level
$7 for a minimum of 100 items, 65 day service level

I just sent in 120 cards two weeks ago, but may have to cram the box with another bulk submission before this expires.
Need to also send in a group of coins and a group of oversized (currently $16/card this month through monthly special).

This may really hurt their vintage set collectors who were grading commons from the 60-80s. Return on investment isn't worth it, and most people were waiting for a monthly special cheaper than the $7.
Well...it has been a long time coming. PSA has been the grader of choice for quite a while, and it is obvious they are looking to capitalize on that.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-13-2018, 05:37 AM
Johnny630 Johnny630 is offline
Johnny
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 1,135
Default

60-'s-80's commons have been in the tank for a couple of years now. Total waste to grade.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-13-2018, 08:52 AM
1952boyntoncollector 1952boyntoncollector is offline
ja.ke liebe.rman
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: http://www.psacard.com/PSASetRegistry/alltimeset.aspx?s=175000&ac=1
Posts: 4,240
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Well...it has been a long time coming. PSA has been the grader of choice for quite a while, and it is obvious they are looking to capitalize on that.
Time to buy their stock...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-13-2018, 02:43 PM
bobbyw8469's Avatar
bobbyw8469 bobbyw8469 is offline
Robert Williams
member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 5,147
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Time to buy their stock...
It's actually near its 52 week low, but pays a nice 5% dividend......
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-13-2018, 09:07 PM
swarmee's Avatar
swarmee swarmee is offline
J0hn Raff3rty
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Niceville FL
Posts: 2,692
Default

https://forums.collectors.com/discus...ng-ending-soon

"firstbase23 Posts: 278 ✭✭ August 13, 2018 12:49PM
I just spoke to customer service. According the person I spoke to 100 bulk is going to $8, 10 card bulk is going away, and 50 card bulk is going up in price to maybe $10 but he wasn't sure."
__________________
--
Current Want to Buy/Trade for List:
1930s Phoebe Phelps Caramel Pennant of Georgia Tech
1910 Painted handkerchief of GA Tech pennant girl by F. Earl Christy sold by Atlanta Toy Museum on eBay circa 2000.
COMC store: https://www.comc.com/Users/mjohnatgt,sh,i100
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-13-2018, 09:20 PM
JustinD's Avatar
JustinD JustinD is offline
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+
Member
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Birmingham, Mi
Posts: 1,187
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
60-'s-80's commons have been in the tank for a couple of years now. Total waste to grade.
This is why they could really start killing their own registry with pricing out common grading. It would become close to impossible to be a set or player collector as those high grade commons will be few and far between. It's already getting to that point rapidly.

They should start a certain level to do submissions of commons at an affordable level or the registry golden goose will start to wither for any player that is not HOF level or just high value small sets.
__________________
- Justin D.


Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Boxing Memorabilia ends Tonight Sept. 19th to Sept. 25th on Ebay - Tickets, Photos ++ D. Bergin Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum 2 09-24-2017 11:49 AM
SGC bulk submissions??? Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 3 06-20-2008 02:00 PM
Stamp on back of T202/ Sept 6, 1912 & Sept 7, 1912 Archive Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions 5 10-02-2002 07:02 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:23 AM.


ebay GSB