NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Sc.ott Ver.renti

Default Amazing Collection

Sorry if already posted

http://www.cnbc.com/id/33505957
Old 11-03-2009, 05:13 PM

Default Marshall is a dear friend of mine...

who schooled me in Baseball Photography long before his book came out.

He's easily approachable and willing to share his keen insight with just about anyone. Funny, smart, generous, loyal, and sincere are all words that describe him to a tee.

To anyone who thinks that he's just some lucky rich guy that buys everything on a whim... you couldn't be further from the real Marshall. He's a self-made man that fell in love with the sport as a child just like you and I did.

His knowledge of Baseball history is amazing. Put it this way... if SABR had a baseball team, Marshall could bat clean-up!

And although I've never been to Cooperstown, I spent four days at Marshall's house and I wouldn't trade it for anything. I held the bat that Gehrig hit FOUR homers in ONE game with. Those '52 & '53 PSA 10 Mantles, I held in each hand and drooled on myself. It just goes on and on...believe me.

It's just amazing and Marshall has some of the greatest stories to accompany the relics. It's been a few years since I was there but I've got myself all worked up to go and give him a visit once more. He has since moved and tells me that his new place displays the collection much better.

Those of you that know him will concur with me I'm sure. I just wanted to let the rest of you guys know that given the choice, you couldn't choose a better guy to have a beer with, than Marshall Fogel.

Sincerely, Jimmy

Last edited by thekingofclout; 11-03-2009 at 05:18 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:49 PM
Brock

I wish i could hold a Gehrig gamer.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Steven Finley

Amazing. Simply Amazing.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Marshall

When I went to my first National, about 9-10 yrs ago, Doug Allen took me, Scott Brockelman and Marshall, all out to eat. I had no clue who he was but we had a great time. Since then I have gotten to know Marshall a little bit. He always takes my calls and spends lots of time talking to me when I approach him. He is a very nice person from my experiences. He has invited me to his house too but I have never been able to get up there... ....best regards