NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-12-2010, 06:46 PM
John

Default Sheet Music Question

Need help from sheet music collectors out there...

I found "Let's Get the Umpire's Goat". Is this a common or scarce item? Can you give me an approximate value?
Thanks, John
Old 02-12-2010, 09:20 PM
Paul

Default sheet music

We need much more info. How about a picture, date, condition, ect. Great color or engravings for the graphics on the cover? so many factors
Old 02-13-2010, 04:27 AM
John

I saw it but did not buy it yet. Here is an internet photo as a guide. The sheet music might be a bit larger than most I've seen. Dated 1909. Has a 2 inch tear on the right side and the name of a music store rubber stamped in the bottom left. Otherwise, nice shape & very presentable overall.
Thanks for any and all help.
John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Umpire.jpg (38.6 KB, 149 views)
Old 02-13-2010, 12:42 PM

Default more sheet music

John, Good looking sheet music, but don't know anything about it...I was at an antiques show yesterday and saw this one...I think it was $160.00...the team was from Williamsport PA.

Old 02-13-2010, 10:32 PM
Paul

Default Sheet music

I would guess 30.00-40.00 range for that. Whats cool is Jack Norworth wrote it! He wrote Take me out to the ballgame too! Go here> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Norworth
Old 02-14-2010, 05:28 AM
John

Thanks Paul!
Old 02-15-2010, 11:35 AM
Ben L

Carlton,

I had a copy of that Williamsport Sheet Music but sold it on the BST about two years ago. I think I sold it for 60.00 or so.
Old 02-16-2010, 07:08 PM
Ron Rice

Default Sheet Music

Hi John,

I have a few different sheet music pieces. The ones that picture major league players are worth a lot more than a music sheets with baseball themes. A general piece might be worth $20-30, while one picturing a specific player might sell for $30-75. A few of them, with major leaguers, sell for several hundred if in nice shape, such as 'Husky Hans' with Honus Wagner if it is an original and not a reprint.

Ron
Old 02-16-2010, 08:24 PM
Yankeefan51

Default Music to our ears

We have been collectors of high grade player (and team) endorsed
sheet music for more than a quarter century.

The best private sheet music collection belonged to Frank and Peggy Steele. Their collection was donated to the Hall of Fame, albeit a number of pieces were sold in auctions back in the early 2002.

For a comprehensive list of all baseball sheet music- one can go the Library of Congress web site/ There is a check list there and one can learn a great deal.

We consider rare player endorsed sheet music to be under-valued. Over the past two decades we have paid anywhere from $400 to $3500 for rare pieces in top condition.

Some items from our collection can be found by searching the Museum of City of New York's 2008 exhibit "The Glory Days of Baseball"

Among the other top items that grace our collection are

Come Out Where The Buffalo Feds Play (only piece in a private collection)
The Feds Are Here To Stay
They All Knew Cobb
Joe Dimaggio Joltin Joe- autographed (in person)
Lou Gehrig- I can't get to first base with you

Write to us privately if you wish any additional information.

Best,

Bruce Dorskind
America's Toughest Want List
bdorskind@dorskindgroup.com
Old 02-16-2010, 08:54 PM
John

Yesterday, I picked up "Let's Get the Umpire's Goat" from the antique book store. It was tough for me to let the 100 year old piece just sit there.