NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-27-2023, 10:06 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

Default Thursday at the National

Up for hotel free breakfast 6:30 out the door at 8 ATM stop at Target for Spike and off to the show. VIP I get in at 9:30. The show is much larger than in past years. It got very busy sround noon but by 4 it seemed to slow down the AC couldn’t keep up and it was hot inside. Finally explored the breakers and corporate stuff whatnot etc they are in another area and out of the way. Step count 15,620 over 7 miles with no workout beforehand. It’s a workout. At our local show I just check my list on my phone but I’m afraid I’d leave my phone behind so I printed it out. Towards the end of the day I’m looking at the wrong line and selecting cards I don’t need it’s kind of exhausting. Some chairs avail to rest over by whatnot corporate area. I’m building 1970s OPC hockey sets one dealer had stacks for $1 each he agreed to sell me 3 cards for $1 if I bought in quantity and I spent and hour going through those boxes and got a pile of hits with some key ‘70s rookies and Gretzky too. One goal this National was to add one high number 33 National Chicle football mission accomplished “27 Bill Tosi these cards are tough. Besides not affordable Nagursky ($15,000 ?) I just need one more card for my set. Also wanted to concentrate on 1955 Topps Doubleheaders which I started at last years national and I picked up most of the big cards including Jackie Robinson.
With about ten minutes left in the show, we dropped all our backpacks in the car and walked over to the Chicago Dogs baseball game it was a blast and it felt good to take my shows off. Two Chicago Hot Dogs (so good) and an ice cream for dessert, Back in the room by 10pm
More of the same tomorrow I don’t think I’ll spend as much as I have the first two days but I loaded up my wallet again ( hey I brought it to spend) and Net 54 Dinner after the show.

Old 07-27-2023, 10:15 PM
L@rry T1p+0n

(PS Gretzky cards were 81 82 83 84 OPC cards not his 1979 RC)
Old 07-28-2023, 05:17 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

another Great Recap

and Of course another Horror about the AC

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 07-28-2023, 06:45 AM
L@rry T1p+0n

Ted Williams, Warren Spahn, Al Kaline, Jackie Robinson, Harmon Killebrew

Old 07-28-2023, 07:00 AM
Albert Bee

Default show

enjoying the recaps !
Old 07-28-2023, 08:00 AM
Dave Carson

Nice pickups Larry. I saw some of those doubleheaders and thought they looked good and were fairly priced. I finished mine earlier this year.