NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-28-2011, 09:49 AM
Joe Drouillard

Default Looked Very Scary to me...

but did someone get a great buy?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT
Old 06-28-2011, 09:57 AM
Jason Wells

I saw that one a few hours ago when it had 1 bid.That heated up fast.If so it was a great pickup.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:00 AM

Well, you're protected with PayPal. If you can afford to have 2k out in the world for a month if you don't receive it, then I'd definitely go for it.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:03 AM
Barry Sloate

The cards look very nice, but the zero feedback is a little scary.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Ed Hans

Default Re: Looked Very Scary to me...

I passed on it as well. If the cards soak as they often do, it was a nice buy. I'm not sure how much protection PayPal will afford if they don't though.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edhans View Post
I passed on it as well. If the cards soak as they often do, it was a nice buy. I'm not sure how much protection PayPal will afford if they don't though.
PayPal covers it. I've become an expert on this matter over the years.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Peter

Default Underbidder

I was an underbidder by about $400. Found the auction at 30 minutes left, and bid impulsively.

Glad I was outbid as I've never soaked cards before, and I don't know jack about boxing cards.

Peter
Old 06-28-2011, 10:15 AM
James Gallo

The cards are real and I think they will soak fine.

Ironically I had offered $2750 for this lot, long story but I guess the owner passed and put them on ebay as their first auction with bad pictures and no feedback. Bad move by them all around.

James G
Old 06-28-2011, 10:16 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
PayPal covers it. I've become an expert on this matter over the years.
So paypal will cover you if you damage cards soaking them out? That sounds absurd to me.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:21 AM
James Gallo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
So paypal will cover you if you damage cards soaking them out? That sounds absurd to me.
That doesn't seem right but you never know. I sold a factory sealed 20 year toy the person bought is opened it, broke it and returned it. I lost, took back a piece worth less then half of what it sold for and lost the cash too.

In this case though I think you could prove they cards were otherwise altered if you took them all off. If you tried to take one off and it didnt' come clean you could likely return them without much problem.

Also in the auciton it says some were removed, if I recall the ONLY card that was not glued down was the Cicotte which was not removed 100% cleanly and had some back damage.

If the ower is on the boards I might be interesed in some of the boxing stuff.

James G
Old 06-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Joe Drouillard

Default real?

I was pretty sure the cards were authentic. I was more concerned about the zero feedback, the responses to the questions, and if I would ever see them.

Paypal would cover the purchase price, but I'm not sure they would in the case of fraud. When you file a claim they immediately freeze the funds of the seller, but if there is no money to be frozen the buyer may still be out of luck. I'm sure that they have insurance, but in the cases that I've been involved with it takes time. In any case you could be sitting on the side line for quite awhile.

Best regards,

Joe
Old 06-28-2011, 10:45 AM

Quote:
In all honesty, if you played your cards right and you did it within 45 days, haven't left positive feedback yet or paid with a credit card, you could get your money back, no matter how absurd that is.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northviewcats View Post
I was pretty sure the cards were authentic. I was more concerned about the zero feedback, the responses to the questions, and if I would ever see them.

Paypal would cover the purchase price, but I'm not sure they would in the case of fraud. When you file a claim they immediately freeze the funds of the seller, but if there is no money to be frozen the buyer may still be out of luck. I'm sure that they have insurance, but in the cases that I've been involved with it takes time. In any case you could be sitting on the side line for quite awhile.

Best regards,

Joe
It used to be that if there was no money in an account PayPal would just say tough luck. But nowadays, they'll get their money back anyway and PayPal and collections will just hound them for the money they're owed, unless the person used fake info.

If you use a credit card, then you don't even have to worry. I think if they aren't described right or you don't receive them, go ahead. But if you messed them up while soaking them? That's your own fault.
Old 06-28-2011, 10:53 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Brendan

Quote:
In all honesty, if you played your cards right and you did it within 45 days, haven't left positive feedback yet or paid with a credit card, you could get your money back, no matter how absurd that is.
Brendan- please remember our very recent discussions between us. It's not what we can get away with in life, it's about doing the right thing...always.
(I am not perfect but I try to do the right thing, always)
Old 06-28-2011, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Brendan- please remember our very recent discussions between us. It's not what we can get away with in life, it's about doing the right thing...always.
(I am not perfect but I try to do the right thing, always)
This is what was written in the post above. (an unedited post to say the least)
Quote:
If you use a credit card, then you don't even have to worry. I think if they aren't described right or you don't receive them, go ahead. But if you messed them up while soaking them? That's your own fault.

Last edited by Brendan; 06-28-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default and

Quote:
This is what was written in the post above. (an unedited post to say the least)
And given the totality of our situations I felt reiterating the point might not be a bad idea....all is good...