NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-14-2007, 11:07 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay account broken into

Posted By: Bryan Long

Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that my Ebay account has been broken into and serverals items were placed for auction. Ebay caught it and put an end to all the listings, but I am now in the process of checking all of my records and changing all of my passwords for everything. If anyone e-mails me and I don't get back right away it is because I am trying to not get stuck with a bill for a couple of second season DVDs of 24 or office space. Wish me luck.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:10 AM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

It's always good for folks to periodically change the passwords on accounts, even if there isn't problem. Can nip a problem in the bid before it happens. Also, it's good to have different passwords for different accounts. This way if one password is stolen, only the one is stolen.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kyle

Had it happen here, but on the other end. Someone made an offer and I accepted it for an item listed, only to later find out it was a phony offer.

Shiz happens.

Old 03-14-2007, 11:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Scot

What happened was, I received an email through ebay member "a question" stating someone stole my photos for another auction on ebay. This question was in my ebay page as well. So I responded with where? No reply and shortly there after my auctions were sabatoged with advertisements. The ebay name was nawty-dog, an overseas ebay account. I called ebay 1-800 and they told me to change my password immediately. They then shut down my autions and refunded my ad money. Auctions were relisted.

I had another foreign ebayer ask if he could bid and I refused. They may be connected.