NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-24-2016, 08:37 PM
Andrew Aronstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I envy you to have access to all that cool stuff. I enjoyed the page too.
Thanks! Let me know if you'd like to see me cover anything in particular on the facebook page and I'll do my best.
Old 08-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Welcome, Mike and Andrew! Great to have u here
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-06-2016, 01:44 PM
Andrew Aronstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
Welcome, Mike and Andrew! Great to have u here
Thanks, Steve!
Old 09-06-2016, 01:59 PM
Andrew Aronstein

For those of you that haven't seen my thread dedicated to this topic...

I'm working on producing an ALL NEW series of 4x5 or 5x7 prints from the original glass plate negatives used for the 1972 TCMA "The 1930's" set. These will be absolutely GORGEOUS and I'll likely be able to produce 200+ different images with all the proper licensing. I'd like to make them in a Limited Edition of 200 - 250 at a reasonable price.

As of now the plan would be to release these monthly in series four or five prints per pack. There are also several glass plate negatives that were NOT used for the original set and these will make fantastic additions as they have never before been used.

To whet your appetite, here's one of the original glass plate negatives and some simple positives I created using my iphone. When these are scanned properly we'll be able to do some great things with this project and who knows where we'll go from there:

Jack Tising
Pittsburgh Pirates
Pitched in 10 games in 1936, went 1-3 with one complete game. Also had 3 hits in 11 plate appearances.

Last edited by TCMA; 09-06-2016 at 02:00 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:27 AM
Jason Presley

So, does your current licensing preclude you from making cards, or is there just no money in it?

Last edited by DaClyde; 09-07-2016 at 06:27 AM.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:43 AM
Andrew Aronstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaClyde View Post
So, does your current licensing preclude you from making cards, or is there just no money in it?
It's tricky but we (Photo File) are licensed to produce photo prints, which is what our business has revolved around since the lat 1980's. We don't have licensing to produce cards but I think the proposed 4x5 format comes close to card size and will lend itself perfectly to this project. Image quality will be stunning and it will be a real window into the history of the game.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:22 AM
Andrew Aronstein

Here are several more for your enjoyment . Image quality is not going to be perfect with these quick snapshots but you can see the potential. Once these are scanned properly the images will be stunningly crisp:

Kenesaw Mountain Landis

Bill Knickerbocker

Jimmie Foxx

Leo Durocher

John Rigney

Carl Hubbell

Last edited by TCMA; 09-08-2016 at 07:29 AM.