NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-13-2007, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Default Cobb VSA 8

Posted By: Richard L.

Only 15 grand as a BIN to a lucky buyer

http://cgi.ebay.com/ty-cobb-rookie-spaulding-12-vsa-graded-nrmt-very-rare_W0QQitemZ120171342346QQihZ002QQcategoryZ31718 QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Old 10-13-2007, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Default Cobb VSA 8

Posted By: David Smith

This same Jack Ass also has a paper cut-out of Honus Wagner. There was a thread started about it on this board on February 10.

Back then, he listed the same Wagner cut-out on eBay with a Buy-It-Now of $10 MILLION dollars. He had the same over the top story about a "rare relic" and how valuable it was. I saw it and E mailed him and told him these are worthless paper items that were cut out of magazines. I explained how a guy in Hawaii named Roy Huff was behind this fraudulent scheme. That Huff bought old magazines and catalogs, cut the pictures out, put them in plastic holders, put a grade label and serial number on them, entered them in a data base and then sold them.

This seller, Alanat1977, wrote back and cussed me out. He said he knew Roy Huff personally and that they had sold almost $3 million dollars of these cut-outs. That I should keep my mouth shut and leave him alone and if I didn't, then he had relatives who lived close to me and that he would have them come to my house and take are of things.

After that, I E mailed ebay but they did NOTHING. I contemplated calling the FBI and having them investigate both his allegation of selling so much CRAP and also for threatening me. But I didn't do it. In retrospect, I probably should have.

Any way, this guy is a total jerk who is just trying to rip people off.

David

Edited to say, the Ty Cobb "card" was listed with a BIN of almost $10 million dollars. This Wagner was also listed but for a much lower, but still unreasonable, amount.

Old 10-13-2007, 09:22 PM
Administrator

Default Cobb VSA 8

Posted By: David Smith

Richard,

I just found the papers I printed off concerning this jerk. In February, he listed this SAME Ty Cobb "card". The starting bid was $2,999.99 with a Buy-It-Now of $9,992,995.00. The item number was 120085379630.

I wrote him twice. The first time explaining that this was a worthless cut-out and that he would have a VERY hard time getting anything out of this "card". I did this thinking he had no idea what he was trying to sell.

This is his response to me (actual spelling and punctuation).

"kiss my grits sukker i allready reported you to ebay for harrasment i had enough me and roy huf are very good friends you are a lowelife ebayer with a shytty feedback so stp sending me questions that do not need answering you should styk to seeling turds because u r one hhahaahlalaaldaddededed stop bothering me and go about your wife cheatyn on your life business and keep your nose in your own brown hole hahah".

I then responded that since he KNEW this was a worthless cut-out that he is a scam artist who is just trying to rip people off and that I was reporting him. His second response to me was this. Again actual spelling and punctuation.

"do you realize how much cash i have made from cutouts on ebay? Wel to inform you ive made over $3 million just on cards alone i am the ultimate scam aertist and id suggest for your own sake to stop fukkcing giving me problems do you realize i have 3 cousins that liyve wiythin an hfgour of you stop fukkinnnn wit me or el;s i will report you to authorities and ebay ive had enough of your harrassment if you do not like my items then why give youtr input its about as goodas donkkey cumb".

Again, a real high class guy to deal with. I wish I could not only get him kicked off eBay but also arrested for fraud (for selling this crap) and for threats against me.

David

Edited to add that the seller, Alanat1977, relisted teh Cobb card with a lower startig price and BIn but it was still unreasonable. The item number of the second listing was (120085738102). Neither of the eBay item numbers come up now, at least not with the regular search completed items function. Maybe you could find them if eBay still has the completed items search function you pay for.