NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 09-25-2012, 11:54 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Becky Hedin - Memorial Fund - Update

Here is another thread I have reservations about starting. I feel it is needed though, in order to let all of our generous and kind members know about their contributions to Becky Hedin's Memorial Fund. I have been in contact with the Funeral Home and will be making a check out to them in the next day or so with all of the money collected. I completely understand more sides of this situation than I care to. At the end of the day the board was extremely generous in helping out a fellow collector. It is understood that these monies donated and helping with the bills could free up other monies but that is not a concern. Everyone should know that 100% of their donation is going directly to the Funeral Home. Interestingly less than 5% decided not to donate, after they donated, and the other information came out. I think that really says something about the kindness of the board. I am also appreciative that folks had confidence in my custodianship of the donations. I will give an update later on how much was donated and how many folks gave. I think yesterday I counted about 131.
Bill is still grieving and I am not sure if he will eventually come back to the board or not. I hope he does. My condolences, once again, to Bill, family and friends. May Becky rest in peace.
Old 09-25-2012, 03:16 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Hi Leon,

Very nice job with this. Just so you know...there were other Net54ers that made donations directly to Bill before that thread really took off. It is an honor to belong to such a terrific group. I hope Bill is able to get his life back on track after this terrible loss.

Jeff
Old 09-25-2012, 05:30 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Leon,

I post infrequently, but wanted to publicly thank you for the thread, for handling the donations and for your complete transparency with the situation. I am proud to be a tiny part of such a great group of people.

Andrew Mi.ller
Old 09-25-2012, 08:41 PM
Dan Brown

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7nohitter View Post
Leon,

I post infrequently, but wanted to publicly thank you for the thread, for handling the donations and for your complete transparency with the situation. I am proud to be a tiny part of such a great group of people.

Andrew Mi.ller
+1
Old 09-25-2012, 08:49 PM
Tom Boblitt

You always do a superb job in the tough spots and the easy times. A shame you were not refereeing the Packers/Seahawks game last night. You did what you felt was right and while there are a few that are never happy with that, you work(ed) diligently to protect the interests of your constituents......appreciate everything and hopefully Bill does come back. Continue to keep him in our thoughts....can't help but be sad when I see that picture of Becky and their grandchild......
Old 09-26-2012, 10:48 AM
JEFF VER.RIER

This boards caring nature during that time is remarkable and all those who contributed are to be commended for such

May God rest Becky's soul,,,,

If by giving freely from our hearts we in some way contributed positively towards helping to ease the enormous burden the death of a spouse creates == then I feel the donations purpose & intent was served,,, and I feel people should feel good about themselves knowing that they helped ,,,,,,

Jeff
Old 09-26-2012, 12:05 PM
J@son Du.nc@n

I understand where Leon is coming from. It's nice to know most people freely give without reservation. Personally, when I give whether it be to church tithe, charity, or a tough circumstance, I look it it like I pray, feel peace, and know that my little contribution does not replace, but is part of a larger group that can hopefully ease some pain or help someone who may gladly one day pay it forward.

Jason
Old 09-26-2012, 01:05 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonD08 View Post
I understand where Leon is coming from. It's nice to know most people freely give without reservation. Personally, when I give whether it be to church tithe, charity, or a tough circumstance, I look it it like I pray, feel peace, and know that my little contribution does not replace, but is part of a larger group that can hopefully ease some pain or help someone who may gladly one day pay it forward.

Jason
+1. Well said Jason.
Old 09-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default last update

This will probably be the last update to the Becky Hedin Memorial Fund from the board. Yesterday I sent a check directly to the Funeral Home for a bit over $5700. There were 127 donors that are on a list going with this card to Bill today.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg card.jpg (67.7 KB, 309 views)