NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-24-2012, 04:23 AM

Default On the Card side, they have this thread going... "Show Your One Of A Kind Items"

And I thought that it may apply even more so to those of us who collect Memorabilia.

So let's see what "One of a Kind" pieces you have in your collection!

I'll kick it off with this Jan. 1941 Telegram from Lou Gehrig to the "Toast Master" for The Newspaper Writers Dinner honoring the four Sons of Harry Stevens, the Concessions Pioneer who brought Hot Dogs, Programs, and Souvenirs to the "House that Ruth Built"

Now it's not the "Luckiest Man" speech, but what a flattering and gracious "Toast" that Lou came up with just six months prior to his untimely death.

gehrigtelegram1941.jpg
Old 08-24-2012, 05:51 AM
Brad Green

A few years ago I was lucky enough to pick up Lefty Grove's Masonic rings and his police badge. Lefty Grove was police chief in Lonaconing, MD in the mid-1950's. The middle ring is inscribed, "Robert M Grove, Oct 24, 1929" I also own a picture of Lefty wearing this ring. See the picture below.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ring_comparison.jpg (75.3 KB, 627 views)
Old 08-24-2012, 09:34 AM

Default One of a kind pieces

Jimmy and Brad,
Those are some unbelievably cool one of a kind pieces! Congrats to both of you!

I suspect that this thread is going to be terrific, because I'm guessing that many of us have some great one of a kind pieces to share.

I've got quite a few that I would throw into this category in my personal collection, so I decided to share some items that I've never shown on net54.

Here are some cool ones:

1) This is one of the handwritten pages that Angels GM Harry Dalton used while negotiating Nolan Ryan's Angels contract in 1975. It provides an interesting study as to how team brass thinks in terms of the negotiating process.

This is really the tip of the iceberg, as I own all of the original documents (or copies) that were involved in the back and forth between the Angels and Ryan's camp (Ryan himself as well as his agent) for his 1973, 1975 and final contract with the Halos in 1979. There are literally dozens of handwritten and typed docs that cover each contract. Every time I read through these I can't believe how interesting they are!

2) Here are the original home plate umpire lineup cards that were used in the famous Ryan vs. Ventura fight on 8/15/93 at Arlington. These came from AL home plate umpire Dale Scott that worked the dish in this game.

There is a great story behind how I found these as they happen to be one of my all-time favorite pickups from the National. I actually found these in a record 10 minutes after entering a Chicago National Convention about 10-12 years ago!

Background story: A dealer that set up in the front of the National had a stack of lineup cards from umpire Dale Scott on his table. After watching me pour through them, he finally asked if there was something specific I was looking for? I mentioned that I collected Nolan Ryan. He said that he had something really cool that was related to Ryan that came from this collection, but he had it in his brief case and was not going to sell them. I asked to see what he had anyway, and he pulled out these two lineup cards. When he handed them to me, he asked if I knew the significance of them was? I immediately responded to him that I did, but did he? To make a long story short, we negotiated and I walked away smiling as I knew I had a great one-of-a-kind item to add to my advanced Ryan collection.

Take a look at Dale Scott's notes regarding the fight that he wrote on the back of the Rangers home white lineup card. I believe that he wrote down certain short details that he would need to report back to the league following the game.

Down the line I had both of these lineup cards signed. Note that the home Rangers card is signed on the front by both Nolan and Robin Ventura. This was unbelievably tough to get done because Ventura has never wanted to sign anything related to this game due to embarrasment, from what I have heard from people that know him personally. How I managed to get this done is a story in of itself, but I believe that it makes for an unbelieveable one-of- a-kind collectible that many from our generation can relate to a 47 year old Texas legend Ryan taking young Ventura to the woodshed...

Don't mess with Texas!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Harry Dalton 1975 Ryan contract notes.jpg (75.3 KB, 586 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan vs. Ventura lineup cards front.jpg (78.1 KB, 587 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan vs. Ventura lineup cards back.jpg (71.9 KB, 587 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan Ventura fight photo 8-15-93.jpg (68.9 KB, 549 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 08-24-2012 at 01:26 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:02 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Benny Leonard cigar box. I've never seen another full box, though I have seen a label or two:

This is an 1897 woodcut of Corbett/Fitzsimmons used as a printing block for a publication of some sort:

Sid Luckman signed this note for my father in 1946:

Promotional poster for my cousin:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-24-2012, 11:12 AM
George

Wow, some really nice items. Adam, that boxing woodblock is fantastic and I hope at some point that you come across the associated publication.

The below woodblock has nothing to do with sports but was very intriguing to me given my interest in woodcuts. It depicts a French statesman by the name of Eugene Rouher. The detail on this piece is truly incredible and it was later used in an 1840's Police Gazette (still searching for the exact publication date).

The second piece is not necessarily 'one of a kind' but I have yet to see another example come up for auction. It's an 1874 Daily Graphic woodcut depicting the Philadelphia Atheltics. The woodcuts of McBride and Battin are referenced in this REA auction as the basis for the 1874 "Golden Ball' cigar box label.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_01 Aug. 24 12.58.jpg (14.8 KB, 555 views)
File Type: jpg 1874 daily graphic 1.jpg (78.2 KB, 565 views)
Old 08-24-2012, 12:05 PM
©hri$ $€X₮ØΝ

I have posted these before, but they truly are one of a kind.

This looks like an insignificant pitcher, but this is actually the championship trophy that was awarded to the 1920 St. Paul Saints. The fob was given to their manager, Mike Kelley, in recognition of winning the 1919, 1920, and 1922 championships.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1920 trophy.jpg (59.2 KB, 543 views)
File Type: jpg 1920 Saints.jpg (77.9 KB, 541 views)
File Type: jpg 1920 fob.jpg (69.8 KB, 544 views)

1913 Cravats pennants

St. Paul Saints Game Used Bats and Memorabilia

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=180664
Old 08-24-2012, 12:11 PM
Belltown Vintage

A lot more possibilities in this thread

Rob asked about this yesterday, so just for grins, here's a page from a 1911 scorebook where a town ball team in Iowa played the Kansas City, KS Giants. One of the players listed, Ashes Jackson, also went by 'Arthur Hardy'. I recently picked up a signed letter by him and would love to see more items related to this team.

Last edited by Runscott; 11-30-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:17 PM

Thanks for posting Scott. Looks like "Home Run" Johnson had two more taters in that game!

Rob M.
Old 08-24-2012, 12:52 PM
Belltown Vintage

Rob, If you are interested, I have been accumulating the stats for some of the 1911 players, including Johnson. Impossible to do a complete job, as many newspaper accounts simply had a line score, misspelled names, etc., etc., but I'm getting a clearer idea of their skills.

Much of it is here: http://t206themonster.com/Research-Page.html
Old 08-24-2012, 01:06 PM

June 15th, 1926 last pitch baseball from Rube Walberg's estate. This was the last pitch from a game against the Indians. Looking at the boxscore it appears that HOFer Joe Sewell made the last out. Walberg's 15th career win on a 5 hit shut out.

Likely one of a kind Grover Cleveland Alexander and Babe Didrickson-Zaharias signed baseball. This baseball comes from a House of David game while the two briefly played for the team together. It was purchased from the original owner who attended the game in Colorado with her father.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:22 PM

Default One of a kind wood rowing machine

Jimmy, Good thread..."one of a kind" is an interesting decree to bestow on something....To be able to say something is one of a kind or at least "never seen another", the person saying it would have to have spent considerable time in the hobby...So pretty much everything in this thread would be posted by veteran collectors with considerable windshield time looking for this stuff...Phew! man I feel I've paid my dues...Especially after I just got back from another 700 mile road trip down your way last weekend...to the All American Collectors Show in Glendale CA and the Long Beach Flea. Picked up something that should fit one of a kind status...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Antique exercise rowing machines seem to surface at antique shows somewhat regularly....I've seen quite a few kinds over the years....they're usually interesting...and big....but I never saw one that hit the gotta have it level till last Sunday...The photos don't do it justice, more impressive in person...Weighs a ton, mostly from the arm swivel fittings. Fortunately the arms slide out easily...I managed to carry it out to the gate in two trips from about dead middle the show....

Photobucket

I don't recall ever seeing one made of wood...it's not burl but same color and look as with black painted trim...In untouched condition it looked great but I expect once I get it polished it'll really pop...the handles were another thing that had me....the wound thread grips seem to say 19th century. I'm surprised such a work of art has no maker label....looked all over it, nada. The look and great original condition was what sold me....The guy had $345.00 on it..and I was thinking he'd be anxious to move it it was so heavy....no such luck....he came down to $300.00 and that was it!...I hit him at $200.00...then $250.00 and he wouldn't blink...nice enough guy but wouldn't budge off the $300.00...So after walking around a while I went back and caved. The thing was so impressive, as I sat there mulling it over, passersby were continually stopping to look it over and paw it....it was stopping a lot of people.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Old 08-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Mike H.

This isn't the only one ever manufactured, but it is the only example known to me or my fellow pennant collectors.

Old 08-24-2012, 01:56 PM

Default Carlton- Jimmy

Carlton, Carlton Carlton,

Your collection is just nuts! I can't believe the items that you unearth that fit beautifully into that collection of yours.

I love the "hunt" stories that accompany each one of them...

This thread rocks, BTW, Jimmy!
Old 08-24-2012, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjkm90 View Post
This isn't the only one ever manufactured, but it is the only example known to me or my fellow pennant collectors.

Man that's nice....and I'm not even a pennant guy

Old 08-24-2012, 03:57 PM
Al

Default one of a kind

Jimmy,
Just for you . I posted this before Only one that I know of Munsons 1977 World Series Jersey used in game 2,5,6 of the 77 series game 6 was the Jackson 3 HR game. Photo matched by one of our board members Brock L Thanks Brock !

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..

Last edited by batsballsbases; 11-16-2015 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 04:37 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

An autographed piece of stationary (probably from some kind of banquet) with a wide array of sports stars including: Gil Hodges, Joe Paterno, Rex Barney, Frank Frisch, Dick Doheny, Arnold Galiffa, Myles Lane, Bob Lemon, Bucky Walters, etc.

The best part of this piece is that it was a real bonus. It was tucked inside a book that was part of a large collection that I purchased.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00150.jpg (71.0 KB, 392 views)
Old 08-24-2012, 04:44 PM
Clint

Only one of these I've ever seen or heard of.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cbut.jpg (24.4 KB, 388 views)
Old 08-24-2012, 04:58 PM
Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by batsballsbases View Post
Jimmy,
Just for you . I posted this before Only one that I know of Munsons 1977 World Series Jersey used in game 2,5,6 of the 77 series game 6 was the Jackson 3 HR game. Photo matched by one of our board members Brock L Thanks Brock !

Holy crap, I love it!!!!!
Old 08-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Sean Brennan

not one of a kind individually but certainly one of a kind together

1933 goudeys cubs 1.jpg

1933 goudeys cubs 2.jpg
Old 08-24-2012, 05:40 PM
Den*nis O*Brien

Default Ken Hubbs Bank Book

This is most likely his first adventure into the world of finance. The account was opened 11/12/47 with a deposit of 25 cents and a dozen more within 6 months ranging from 5 cents to $3.90.
The Dizzy/Cardinals pin looks great!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frontc.jpg (40.8 KB, 367 views)
File Type: jpg front2c.jpg (40.8 KB, 367 views)
File Type: jpg front3c.jpg (62.2 KB, 369 views)
Old 08-24-2012, 05:52 PM
Al

Default pin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksfarmboy View Post
Only one of these I've ever seen or heard of.
Clint,
You know I could give that pin a good home!

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:09 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis O'Brien View Post
This is most likely his first adventure into the world of finance. The account was opened 11/12/47 with a deposit of 25 cents and a dozen more within 6 months ranging from 5 cents to $3.90.
I love this Dennis ..love me some pre-rookie sigs!

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 08-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Clint

Quote:
Clint,
You know I could give that pin a good home!
Al, I'm sure you would. This is one of those sell as a last resort pieces.

Dennis, thanks for the compliment.

Love the pennant Mike and that Munson jersey is incredible.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:10 PM
And.rew Whi.te

How can a guy compete with Munson game jerseys and the rest of the stuff posted here? That Cubs pennant is killer as is everything else that has been posted.

I have shown this before but the only one of a kind item I have (except for the two others I sold 20+ years ago which I am sure are cut up now) is a 1954 Cubs spring training sign up sheet that is signed by the whole team. The players had to sign this to receive their weekly meal money. Included on this sheet is a rookie Ernie Banks and some guy named Kiner.

I obtained this from the files of the former team traveling secretary Bob Lewis when his files were tossed back in the early 80's.

Old 08-24-2012, 09:24 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

I've posted this a number of times here at the Net 54, but I think it deserves a place in this thread... a check Casey Stengel wrote October 12, 1961, two days after the expansion draft in which the players who would comprise the inaugural 1962 Mets were selected, and six months before the Mets would play their very first game. It's also got a reference to "N.Y. Mets" in Casey's very own hand! Unfortunately the "N.Y. Mets" part is affected by bank cancellation holes, but it's still a pretty neat item, and it's got to be one of the earliest Stengel/Mets pieces out there.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Jimmy,
I remember that day Al. Brock found those photos and between the two of you, you guys photo matched your jersey! Now Al... how about coughing up a Gehrig photo? I'm sick, Al. I need a fix. Please Al, sell me a Gehrig photo...PLEASE AL... I GOTTA HAVE ONE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis O'Brien View Post
I just love this kind of piece, Dennis! Kenny could have been a great one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehse View Post
How can a guy compete with Munson game jerseys and the rest of the stuff posted here? That Cubs pennant is killer as is everything else that has been posted.

I have shown this before but the only one of a kind item I have (except for the two others I sold 20+ years ago which I am sure are cut up now) is a 1954 Cubs spring training sign up sheet that is signed by the whole team. The players had to sign this to receive their weekly meal money. Included on this sheet is a rookie Ernie Banks and some guy named Kiner.

I obtained this from the files of the former team traveling secretary Bob Lewis when his files were tossed back in the early 80's.

What a sweet "Ernest" Banks Rookie Year Signature! And Andrew, this isn't the Registry. No competition here, especially on one of a kind items!

These two photos come from the Christy Walsh Family. Walsh pioneered the Sports Agent and Business Manager Services for Professional Athletes.

He was also a cartoonist and hand lettered both the 1927 & 1928 World Series Promotional Photos that he used in his self-published Autobiography entitled "Adios to Ghost" which documented his 20 year run heading up the Christy Walsh Syndicate, which paired great Ballplayers, and Managers up with popular scribes of the day to write their column commenting on each year's World Series games.

And the bonus here is the cool Ruth cartoon that Walsh penned as a gift to a Col. Stanley Grogan.

1927walshworldseriescropped.jpg1928walshworldseriescropped.jpg

031.jpgAdiosToGhost-1.jpg

AdiosToGhost-2.jpg
Old 08-24-2012, 10:24 PM
Al

[QUOTE=thekingofclout;1029956]I remember that day Al. Brock found those photos and between the two of you, you guys photo matched your jersey! Now Al... how about coughing up a Gehrig photo? I'm sick, Al. I need a fix. Please Al, sell me a Gehrig photo...PLEASE AL... I GOTTA HAVE ONE!!

Jimmy,
A little medicine for you so you can sleep tonight!

Last edited by batsballsbases; 07-18-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 10:35 PM
Al

Default one of a kind but not mine

I posted this up on the main board about a week ago but some might have missed this. A good friend of my older son who he played some college ball with caught Jeters 250th H.R. Ball. Pat a very nice kid was asked if he would give up the ball to Derek as he wanted it . Pat said no problem and was rewarded with some very nice items . As you can see one was a game used signed Bat and a bunch of other nice things. Pat said Derek was just a pleasure to talk to! What a fun night for him! I guess that would fall into a one of a kind!

Last edited by batsballsbases; 11-16-2015 at 07:18 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 12:35 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Default Great thread Jimmy

One of my all time favorites.

Picture is 1929 Penn State Blue band at Yankee Stadium 1929.
It is signed by a bunch of guys we all know and love. Signatures are a little difficult to see in pictures, but I think you can get a decent view.
I have no idea when exactly it was signed, but obviously some were added later, like Berra, Durocher and Dimaggio.

The story for why the Penn state band is at Yankee Stadium is explained in the 2 pictures below. They are excerpts from the book about the Big Blue Band.

The glass broke when we moved and I was waiting for the basement to be finished for me to replace it.

Great stuff everyone.
Best,
Mark

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 08-25-2012, 04:45 AM

Quote:
I posted this up on the main board about a week ago but some might have missed this. A good friend of my older son who he played some college ball with caught Jeters 250th H.R. Ball. Pat a very nice kid was asked if he would give up the ball to Derek as he wanted it . Pat said no problem and was rewarded with some very nice items . As you can see one was a game used signed Bat and a bunch of other nice things. Pat said Derek was just a pleasure to talk to! What a fun night for him! I guess that would fall into a one of a kind!
Geez!!
Look at that HUGE killer Derek Jeter autograph on that game used bat!

That is an awesome moment and a great trophy for Pat!
Old 08-25-2012, 06:34 AM
J@RR0D

Here is one of my more unique Killebrew items. It's 18 signatures on two pieces of paper where Harmon was testing pens to use for autographs. I also have a letter from his agent attesting to these being signed in his presence. While I know these aren't all that valuable, I doubt I could replace them.

Old 08-25-2012, 07:20 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

My latest acq. One that will remain in the collection -til I croak.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg orr1965.jpg (35.7 KB, 390 views)
Old 08-25-2012, 07:33 AM

That's great photo Steve! How in the world did you come upon this? Ben/foreveryoung has a pretty damn good collection going of HOF Players photos from their childhood, that I think are a great niche.

Wasn't Orr already a celeb at this age? Seems like I read something like that a few years ago. Anyway, congrats on a Holy Grail piece for you Paisan!
Old 08-25-2012, 08:10 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Jimmy,
You asked for some Lou...How about these? Perhaps my overall favorite tem.

1927 Lou Gehrig with Christy Walsh's son. Is still attached to the scrapbook page. Came from the Christy Walsh family, via a trade with Jimmy.

Back of scrapbook page.

1927 Yankees team snapshot. What are the odds that another fan happen to have access on the field the day they took this picture in Spring Training and had a camera?

close up. Ruth is back row center. Lou is back row far right looking downward.

Old 08-25-2012, 08:40 AM

You're right Mark. I asked, but not from you, as I know better. Your Gehrig collection is Baseball's black hole! Ain't nothing coming out of there!

And I know for a fact that that Gehrig w/Christy Jr photo is an absolute one of a kind too.
Old 08-25-2012, 09:34 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Thanks Jimmy. You're right about the black hole. I hope to maneuver it closer to your collection sometime, so my gravity force can pull in some of your spectacular pictures some day.

Old 08-25-2012, 10:31 AM
Nath.aniel Gr.ow

Posted this a couple months ago in the June Pickups thread, but thought it fit here as well. As far as I'm aware, this is the only known Federal League game used ball in existence, but at a minimum it has to be the only one remaining from the August 3, 1914 ChiFeds vs. PittFeds game.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Federal League Baseball 1.jpg (48.9 KB, 361 views)
File Type: jpg Federal League Baseball 2.jpg (48.5 KB, 360 views)

Last edited by ngrow9; 08-25-2012 at 10:47 AM.
Old 08-28-2012, 12:09 PM
J0n Fu.ld

Default 4 Strikes and You're Out!

4 Strikes and You're Out!

Patent date of Oct. 12, 1886. From before the last rule change, I believe the rules changed around 1888-1889. Very rare umpire counter, clean but with great game use.

I would sell this to a great caretaker, can PM me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3222 (1000x749).jpg (50.4 KB, 266 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3209 (1000x624).jpg (71.1 KB, 264 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3211 (1000x750).jpg (73.8 KB, 261 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3213 (1000x634).jpg (58.1 KB, 261 views)
Old 08-28-2012, 12:38 PM

A curious one-of-one artifact is this 1995 Polaroid photo of model Bridget Hall shot by famed French fashion photographer Gilles Bensimon. This was a lighting/colors test photo during the shooting for her swimsuit calendar. Polaroids were often used for such on-the-spot tests as they could be developed at looked at on the set. And each Polaroid is unique. Polaroid makes one and only on photo per image and the one photo is developed seconds after the image is shot, so a Polaroid as close to self authenticating as a photo gets. Unlike photos printed later, this photo was literally on the set with Hall.

Last edited by drc; 08-28-2012 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:01 PM
Michael S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladder7 View Post
My latest acq. One that will remain in the collection -til I croak.
Pretty awesome Steve.
Old 08-28-2012, 03:49 PM
M@rk Lu7z

Default JJ

That is one cool umpire artifact!!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:48 PM
Kenny

Default Zach Wheat

Zachs true rookies...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wheat 4 months old.jpg (76.5 KB, 326 views)
File Type: jpg wheat 1 yr old.jpg (78.4 KB, 325 views)
Old 08-28-2012, 06:53 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Wow Kenny.
That takes childhood photos to an all new level. Do have one during delivery?
Great stuff.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Wow Kenny.
That takes childhood photos to an all new level. Do have one during delivery?
Great stuff.
Old 08-28-2012, 07:43 PM

c. 1955-1958 Game Used Mantle Bat. Maybe not "one of a kind", but i imagine there's not too many "pounded" Mantle gamers from his triple crown/mvp years.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mantle Bat.jpg (72.7 KB, 301 views)
Old 08-28-2012, 07:44 PM

PS- Al, your Munson jersey is such a special piece...also love your Gehrig photos.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:23 PM
Al

Default Bat

MVSNYC,
Always a big Thankyou! I also love that Mantle bat ! Very nice! I dont remember you showing that one. Its a beauty! I guess we all have some hidden gems that we dont show that often! A Pleasure!!

Old 08-29-2012, 08:50 AM

Thanks Al, i appreciate that!

Last edited by MVSNYC; 08-29-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 08-29-2012, 03:27 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Default Homerun ball from Aaron Hill's 2nd cycle game this year

This is the ball Aaron Hill hit in the game against the Brewers on 6/29/12. He hit for the cycle in that game and more impressively it was his second cycle of the year. Only done 4 times and the first two were in the 1800's. the last time was in 1931.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg aaronhillcyclehrball.jpg (68.7 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg aaronhillcycleticket.jpg (44.3 KB, 217 views)
Old 08-29-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJJ View Post
4 Strikes and You're Out!

Patent date of Oct. 12, 1886. From before the last rule change, I believe the rules changed around 1888-1889. Very rare umpire counter, clean but with great game use.

I would sell this to a great caretaker, can PM me.
That is one really sweet piece, JJ. I've never seen one quite like that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdixon View Post
Zachs true rookies...
And Kenny... you're on some kinda roll lately... a Wheat Roll lame pun intended. But seriously, I've loved every Wheat piece you've shown Kenny, so don't stop showing 'em!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVSNYC View Post
c. 1955-1958 Game Used Mantle Bat. Maybe not "one of a kind", but i imagine there's not too many "pounded" Mantle gamers from his triple crown/mvp years.
And Mike. I remember when you first shared your Mantle Gamer three years ago, and it was love at first sight. Seriously, since then, I've compared ever other gamer that caught my eye in any catalog to your Mantle Gem, and they were all left wanting.

Now I know that there are much older, rarer, and more expensive Bats out there, from the likes of Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, and so on. But in my opinion, your Mantle gamer is the quintessential bat in the hobby. Congrats on the ultimate keeper, Mike. Wish it were mine.