NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 02-18-2014, 08:26 PM
N@te

Default 1921 Old Timers photo w/ Cy Young

I'm guessing a couple of you bid on it, but I just couldn't tell from the pics if it was original. I "think" it was but regardless, it was worth the risk.

What did you guys think?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1921-Old-Tim...vip=true&rt=nc

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl

Last edited by UnVme7; 02-18-2014 at 08:26 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:04 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I vote absolutely original and a very good buy.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:23 PM
Jeremy W.

I vote possibly original & if so, a good to very good buy. Lelands auction had one at auction, that I would assume was original, and it it didn't meet the $1,000 bid/reserve. I could be wrong but it scared me from bidding. Anytime there are a lot of online images, I'm always afraid of someone stealing scans & reproducing them. I really hope the winning bidder gets a real/vintage photo.

Last edited by JeremyW; 02-19-2014 at 01:43 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 01:38 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

I talked with the lady who was selling it. She "thinks" it's an original, but she doesn't have the knowledge of say someone like Ben (Hey Buddy), or myself, so I'm not 100% sure.

But it was worth the gamble. You could always return it if not. Yes a minor hassle, but that's the game.

I have the possession arrow pointing toward real.

Things that scare me however was that she said she purchased it 10 or so years ago and thought it was neat. Not sure how many ladies are buying vintage baseball panaoramas, but possible. Also, she said the only thing on the back is $2.00. She's sold nothing in about 4 years. A lil' scary. So couple negative thoughts kept me from going at it full blast.

One went at Legendary a couple years ago for a grand, so 6+ is a good buy if real. I was out at 500.

Hopefully someone on here got it so we'll find out.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 02-19-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
I talked with the lady who was selling it. She "thinks" it's an original, but she doesn't have the knowledge of say someone like Ben (Hey Buddy), or myself, so I'm not 100% sure.

But it was worth the gamble. You could always return it if not. Yes a minor hassle, but that's the game.

I have the possession arrow pointing toward real.

Things that scare me however was that she said she purchased it 10 or so years ago and thought it was neat. Not sure how many ladies are buying vintage baseball panaoramas, but possible. Also, she said the only thing on the back is $2.00. She's sold nothing in about 4 years. A lil' scary. So couple negative thoughts kept me from going at it full blast.

One went at Legendary a couple years ago for a grand, so 6+ is a good buy if real. I was out at 500.

Hopefully someone on here got it so we'll find out.
The reason I voted original is because one of the smaller pictures, taken some other way, is clear as anything. It looks like most of the pics were poor quality but they took that one good one....Now if that is from some other place or piece, then I am back to not knowing also....

Last edited by Leon; 02-19-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 02-19-2014, 02:28 PM

Looks original from the photos but impossible to tell 100% without having it is hand.