NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 04-11-2017, 09:21 PM
J1m Ch@pman

Default Federal League HOF photos, how rare? 1915 Roush shown

Thought I'd try my luck on the memorabilia side as well. I am curious as to how rare Type 1 photos of ML HOFers in Federal League uniforms are. The possibilities are Chief Bender, Mordecai Brown, Bill McKechnie, Eddie Plank, Edd Roush and Joe Tinker. I suspect that they are quite rare, but would be glad to be proven wrong, particularly if you can post a Bender.

Post any that you have. Here is mine. It is a 8 x 10 of Edd Roush in 1915 with the Newark Peppers.

Here is a paragraph from SABR's bio on Roush:

"Roush wielded a short, thick-handled bat that weighed 48 ounces, one of the heaviest ever in baseball. He snapped the bat at the ball with his arms and placed line drives to all parts of the field by shifting his feet after the ball left the pitchers hand and altering the timing of his swing. "Place hitting is in a sense glorified bunting," he said. "I only take a half swing at the ball, and the weight of the bat rather than my swing is what drives it."

The photo perfectly exhibits the technique described above.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Roush-photo-front-compressed.jpg (73.0 KB, 141 views)
Old 04-13-2017, 06:13 AM
J1m Ch@pman

Are Type 1 photos of HOF players in Federal League uniforms really this hard to find? Surely someone here has one to post!
Old 04-13-2017, 06:28 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

I think you will find that original Federal League photos of ANY players are difficult to find, and typically bring a premium over similar photos of non-FL players of the same era. Add to that your qualifier of HOF Federal League players, and that increases the scarcity.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:05 AM
J1m Ch@pman

Lance, given the dearth of other posted photos, your analysis is spot on. So, let's open it up to any Type 1 photo of a Federal League player.
Old 04-14-2017, 06:20 AM
J1m Ch@pman

Benny Meyer 1914 Baltimore Terrapins
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Benny-Meyer.jpg (73.7 KB, 67 views)