NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-20-2011, 03:11 AM
De.rek Pul.atie

Default Not Sports but can someone help with 1890s cards?

This might not be the right place but I have 40+ of these Old judge looking womens cards from the I guess 1890s. 2 of them also look signed. I bought these about 15 years ago just because they looked like the old judge issues. Can anyone shed some light on the set type and value, if they even have any?
Thanks again guys.

Old 02-20-2011, 07:10 AM
Steve Birmingham

The Sweet Caporal and blank backs are N245 actresses. The others may be the same set but I'm not positive about that.

It's a huge set, bigger than Old Judge. Not usually expensive, but I've seen some sell for more than the usual ones.

Steve B
Old 02-20-2011, 08:22 AM
Dave

I used to collect these awhile ago. The Sweet Caps are fairly common and don't sell for much. Maybe a few bucks apiece with some selected stars like Lillian Russell and Lilly Langtry selling for more, maybe $10-20 range in decent shape.

The others you have like the Virginia Brights, Cross-Cuts, and Dukes are much scarcer IMO, and would probably sell for more.

I don't know anything about any that might be signed.
Old 02-20-2011, 12:34 PM
Geno W@gn&r

Default Oh my...

Is that what Jennifer Aniston is going to look like to my great-grandkids?

Take Care,
Geno
Old 02-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
I agree with what was posted earlier regarding some of the non common cards. The Net 54 Non-sports forum will provide much more information.

http://www.network54.com/Forum/526604/

Dan C has created an incredible gallery of hundreds of different sets comprising thousands of images of cards from the 1880s to the 1960s. The forum is great there as well as they specialize in vintage non-sports cards.
Old 02-20-2011, 01:13 PM
Ken Wirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by HercDriver View Post
Is that what Jennifer Aniston is going to look like to my great-grandkids?

Take Care,
Geno
Ain't nothin' wrong with that girl in the boat!
Old 02-20-2011, 01:57 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by triwak View Post
Ain't nothin' wrong with that girl in the boat!

Yeah, she's a cutie.

One thing I noticed when I collected these. Some of the girls were obviously beauties "of their time" because of whatever the standard might have been then, and others would have been beauties of any time.
Old 02-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Rhett Yeakley

The ones with advertising on back are from the N245 set--they are normally found with Sweet Caporal backs but there are a number of other reverses possible including that Virginia Brights one you have (Duke, Vanity Fair, etc. als made these cards.) The Sweet Caps generally sell for between $2-5 each or so if they are fairly decent, the bigger names may get $5-10 or so. The non-Sweet Cap backs tend to sell for a bit more but not a ton.

The ones with Duke's advertising on front (various Duke products) accompanied by a subject # are from the N145 set--these tend to be a bit more popular and sell for $4-8 each or so if they are decent and (obviously the bigger named actresses will command a premium).

The ones with Virginia Brights ads on front (or any other Allen & Ginetr product like Dixie Cigarettes, etc.) are from the N45 set. These are tougher to find than the N245 and N145's (IMO) and will sell for about the same as the N145's or slightly more, maybe $5-10 each if decent).

I can't speak to the signed one "Emma Carson" but even if it turns out to be signed by her unless she had some noteworthy career it isn't going to be all that valuable. Also, that girl in boat card is a trimmed N145.

-Rhett

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562

Last edited by rhettyeakley; 02-20-2011 at 04:43 PM.