NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-23-2002, 10:35 AM
Administrator

Default the "Florida Find" - post-mortem

Posted By: runscott

I put in reasonable bids on several of MintXpress' "Florida find" cards, based on the scans and my collecting needs, and the desire to check out claims of "pack fresh look". I really wish I had won more of them - they came in today and are simply beautiful cards. I picked up a vg, vg/ex and ex/nm, and though they have varying amounts of problems, they all really do look like they were just pulled from packs, even the 'vg' which has tobacco stains and a crease. The holders are also very attractive and fit snugly within the SGC holders (just smaller). I am curious what others who won think of their SCD cards since there was concern expressed that some might be over-graded or trimmed. Mine certainly weren't.

Old 05-23-2002, 11:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brueso

I'm still waiting on a couple I won from the second wave- I wasn't able to get any of the first wave due to #$@%*! computer freeze! But I'm glad to hear about how good yours look- makes me even more anxious to get mine!

Bob

Old 05-23-2002, 11:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: James/jverri01

OK - I was wrong. I will happily be the first to admit. I had originally posted a a "slam" on this board, mostly about SCD grading, but partially about "the find".

I won 5 cards - all either SCD 3 or 4.

I got them a week ago.

There isn't a card in the group that *isn't* undergraded (my opinion). The cards are worth the money, and more.

They were VERY fresh looking cards. Very clean. Only prob for me was that 2 of the cards had moderate chips that were not visible in the scan, and not noted in the description.

Overall, I am happy - and happy to admit being wrong.

; )

James

Old 05-23-2002, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob Lemke

Those who sat on the fence when Mint Xpress offered the Florida Find T206s may have missed the boat, bargain-wise. Alan Rosen will be handling the remainder of the cards, including the Magie, in an upcoming SCD auction. I saw the page proofs and he apparently agrees that these cards are under-graded, because he has some stiff minimum bids . . . like $75 for the common SCD VG-EX 4 I'm particularly interested in.

Old 05-23-2002, 04:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brueso

I'm VERY pleased. They're both VG/EX's. Makes me even more annoyed I didn't get the one I was trying most for in auction #1 due to computer freeze! (it sold for something like $36!)

Old 05-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

I must admit the cards I won are very nice and slightly undergraded. I won 1 in the first, and 3 in the second and wish I would have purchased every 5 & 6 for the prices paid. Kudos to SCD for quality grading.
I am extremely happy with the Evers Blue background, a real beauty at the 5.5 grade.
be well brian

Old 05-23-2002, 07:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: runscott

Old 05-23-2002, 07:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Don't feel bad Scott, If I wasn't totally crazy about the blue background version, I wouldn't have bought any Hofers either. By the way thanks again for posting the scans of the E125 DIECUT. later Brian