NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-21-2013, 12:20 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Default Apparently a market for T205 reprints

I am completely at a loss for words on this auction. How does an obvious reprint (which the seller acknowledges) sell for this kind of money? That sold for more than real T205 Cobbs (poor grade). I would think based on the bidder's history, that they would know it was a reprint. Is the reprint business really that lucrative?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ty-Cobb-RARE...p2047675.l2557

r/
Frank
Old 04-21-2013, 12:45 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

He didnt say reprint in this listing anywhere, not in the title or the discription. It also dosnt say reprint on that BS GMA flip. (what a joke)

He only said it was a reprint to one person who asked and posted it way at the bottom of the listing.

Easy to see its a reprint, BUT im sure the winner and everyone who bid on that think its an origional. Big time deception on that listing, should be reported IMO
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:52 PM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's please View Post
I am completely at a loss for words on this auction. How does an obvious reprint (which the seller acknowledges) sell for this kind of money? That sold for more than real T205 Cobbs (poor grade). I would think based on the bidder's history, that they would know it was a reprint. Is the reprint business really that lucrative?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ty-Cobb-RARE...p2047675.l2557

r/
Frank
I'm sure some people didn't see the question asking if it was a reprint. All the bullshit advertising in the description portion of the auction page *infers* that it is an original but doesn't actually state that it is. Disingenuous types like this prey on people that don't do their due diligence. Disingenuous types like this are scum!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 01:46 PM
Craig M

The new collectors are beginning with the REPRINTS; once they obtain all of the reprints then they will start to collect the originals.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:07 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

I don't feel too bad for the buyer of this card if it actually sold. Even if it doesn't clearly identify the card as a reprint, it wouldn't take much effort to notice that a real T205 Cobb has green as the background color as opposed to blue like this card has. If you're going drop this kind of money on something that you obviously don't know anything about then you deserve to be taken if you're not willing to learn a little about the item. Sorry if I'm being too harsh on the misfortunate buyer but that's how I feel.

AndyH

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 04-21-2013, 02:42 PM
Tony Quinn

I agree with Andy's post. If someone is THAT dumb to think it's an original card, they deserve everything they get. I know the guy selling it is a scum but 1/2 the blame goes to the moron who thinks they are getting a real Ty Cobb card. A fool and his money are soon parted as the saying goes.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:47 PM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobbSpikedMe View Post
I don't feel too bad for the buyer of this card if it actually sold. Even if it doesn't clearly identify the card as a reprint, it wouldn't take much effort to notice that a real T205 Cobb has green as the background color as opposed to blue like this card has. If you're going drop this kind of money on something that you obviously don't know anything about then you deserve to be taken if you're not willing to learn a little about the item. Sorry if I'm being too harsh on the misfortunate buyer but that's how I feel.

AndyH
Andy,

I completely agree. Even someone with little knowledge would be able to tell he difference between the colors of a real and this reprint. But the capper to this was when someone asked if it was a reprint and he said yes.

The buyer wasn't completely taken, it was graded a 7

r/
Frank

Last edited by Tcards-Please; 04-21-2013 at 02:49 PM. Reason: spelling correction
Old 04-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Ke.n K0hen

How anyone can call this seller a scumbag is beyond me when he's providing free shipping.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Rob Ruddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcohen View Post
how anyone can call this seller a scumbag is beyond me when he's providing free shipping.
lol.

Last edited by auggiedoggy; 04-21-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:10 PM
Ken Madden
Ken.neth D. M@dden

He has lots of "RARE" cards for sale like those impossible to find 2012 Bowmans. I'll bet he'll have very a nice Wagner or Plank next week.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:55 PM
@ndrew woo.dfin

back fs on ebay labeled as RP

Member since 2009