NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 09-18-2014, 08:13 PM
Er.ic Stang.el

Default Ripped off by a James Spence lifetime guarantee

Wanted to share an experience I had with an autographed baseball I purchased from a dealer who bought it from James Spence. The ball came with a letter offering a lifetime guarantee.

http://stangelbros.com/2014/09/17/ri...ime-guarantee/

Eric
Old 09-18-2014, 08:40 PM
kirk welch

well it seems to me the issue is not with jsa the company it said the ball was no good that was what the guy who bought it sent it to them for, i dont really see the ball so lets just say it is no good, so at that jsa did ecxactly what they were paid to do . whoever you bought from names millwich? or whatever that doesnt matter he is a nobody anyway , but the issue is with james spence the dealer who wrote the lifetime deal, well at the end of drawn out letter and story it says he reached out and said he would work it out. maybe i am missing something but that is what he should and is doing. i just dont see at least yet how thats not holding up the guarantee , maybe i read it wrong. he didnt say something like i am no longer a dealer and deals off he said you guys would work it out . i wouldnt throw him under the bus yet. but like most of these post and websites it is just another way to try and discredit somebody . but again maybe i am wrong
Old 09-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Er.ic Stang.el

The issue to me is that a ball which originated with a James Spence letter, which was sold by James Spence was then rejected by James Spence's company, and then his company said they have nothing to do with the lifetime guarantee. I would have to go to James Spence to talk about that, who happens to be the owner of the company.

You don't see anything unusual about that sequence of events?

That said, I am encouraged that James Spence did eventually reach out to me after his company told me that they couldn't talk to me since I didn't submit the ball to JSA. Let's hope he does the right thing and I have good news to report.
Old 09-18-2014, 08:54 PM
kirk welch

no it is two seperate companies and the letter was written over 20 years ago , sure a mistake was made then or by whoever at jsa said it was no good , if maybe it is actually good , what i see as strange is posting this before the person who wrote the letter has not been given a chance to make it right ,if most people saw that you had taken this to a public forum before you allowed them to make it right they would tell you to eat it . be thankful he responded and if you want to be a "dealer" then you have to eat a turd ever so often , maybe this was your turd , and if you want to be a big dog seller then you shouldnt have to look at the letter anyway , and know enough to buy a legit stengel and not look at some letter anybody wrote and some type guarantee, i see stuff with you name it certs and if it is no good i dont buy . simple deal , everybody wants to be a dealer
Old 09-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Belltown Vintage

2013 - 2 posts regarding your wax pack complaints
2014 - 2 posts regarding your baseball complaints
2015 - ???

Perhaps we should start a poll as to what you will rejoin us for to complain about in 2015
Old 09-18-2014, 09:55 PM
Jos.eph Dw.ek

I saw your listing. I was surprised ebay let you sell that. Pretty obvious forgery.

Last edited by joed25; 09-19-2014 at 05:44 AM.
Old 09-19-2014, 07:27 PM
Er.ic Stang.el

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
2015 - ???

Perhaps we should start a poll as to what you will rejoin us for to complain about in 2015
I rarely collect autographs and also was trying to get information about unopened wax. If you're saying I'm not adding much to this board, you're welcome to come read the gameusedforum.com site I established years ago which since merged with game used universe.
You're welcome to read my 2,670 posts over there.
Old 09-22-2014, 02:54 PM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
2015 - ???

Follow Eric and his brother on Twitter!!

or not.