NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Administrator

Default WSSCA show May 31st-June 1st in the Seattle area (Shoreline)

Posted By: Andrew

The Washington State Sports Collectors Association (WSSCA) card show is coming up Saturday, May 31st, and Sunday, June 1st. This is the 36th annual summer show put on by WSSCA, making it the longest running card show in the US. The WSSCA show perhaps is the only show left in the Pacific Northwest containing pre-war material after the demise of the Tacoma Dome shows.

Mark Macrae will be setting up at the show with his usual assortment of fantastic material. Robert Adesso and I also will have a table solely comprised of pre-war. Other dealers will have pre-war material as well, including Keith Schneider of Gasoline Alley Antiques. A list of dealers and other show information is available on the WSSCA web site: www.wssca.net

The show again will be held at the Meridian Park Elementary School in Shoreline, WA. The address is 17077 Meridian Ave. N, Shoreline, WA (about 10 minutes north of downtown Seattle). There will be 44 tables. If you have any questions do not hesitate to send me an email. I hope to see some Net 54ers at the show. Come say hello, I will be at the first table on the left when you enter.

Andrew Jerome
callmefugazi@yahoo.com

Old 05-23-2008, 02:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: robert a

Looking forward to it Andrew.

I'll bring whiskey and cigars.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rich

This is a great fun show, I'll have a table. Look for the table with great cards and low prices, my table is next to that one.Who is going to attend (table or not)? I will have some interesting stuff, let me and others know what you are looking for. Bring some cards to trade. Hey Robert, can you and Andrew drink a bunch of that whiskey before I stop by your table?

Old 05-23-2008, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: robert a

Of course I will Rich!

Any other northwest folks attending?

Old 05-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Steinberg

I should definitely make it. Is it only cards, or will there be memorabilia there as well? Either way, looking forward to going, and hopefully seeing some Net54ers!

Old 05-23-2008, 10:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Stephen Mitchell

I plan to attend the show Saturday afternoon. It's always a pleasure speaking with the oldtimers and many younger collector-dealers. A few fellows actually can recall that first show back in 1973, held at the prestigious Washington Athletic Club. Boy, there were some good deals at that show - if one only had had the foresight...and a few extra bucks.

Old 05-24-2008, 11:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: William Cohon

I plan to stop by, too. Trouble is, I'm on a short leash after my recent purchase. The 1936 Phil Weintraub cost more than I had hoped, and for some reason that I don't understand, my wife is not as excited about card collecting as I am. Go figure!

Bill

Old 05-27-2008, 04:02 PM
Administrator

There will be cards as well as memorabilia at the show. I look forward to talking with Net 54ers,

Andrew

Old 05-29-2008, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt Sears

I'll be setting up with Andrew and Robert (I'm a last minute addition) I'll be bringing some PCL stuff! Hope to see you there!

Matt

Old 05-30-2008, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Charlie Barokas

What time do the doors open for the public and when do they open for dealer set up.

Thank you.

Charlie

Old 05-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Hi Charlie,

Only WSSCA members and dealers are allowed in the room for dealer setup (a membership is $20).

Friday: Dealer setup 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.

Saturday: Dealer setup 7:00 am to 9:00 am. Show open to the public from 9:00 am until 6:00 pm.

Sunday: Dealer setup 9:00 am to 10:00 am. Show open to the public from 10:00 am until 4:00 pm.

Let me know if you have other questions,

Andrew

Old 06-01-2008, 10:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Matt Sears

Just wanted to thank Andrew for putting on a great show! It was a pleasure as usual talking to Mark Macrae, Robert Adesso, Keith Schneider and Dave Eskenazi!

P.S. Andrew thanks for introducing Robert and I to your buddy Mr. Summer!

Old 06-02-2008, 12:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Stephen Mitchell

This year's edition of the Washington State Sports Collectors Association spring/summer show was a treat. Several dealers (Mark Mcrae, Keith Schneider and Rich Faber, among others) had some outstanding stuff. In many respects, the show still retains much of its original appeal with great interchanges between sellers and buyers. Can't wait until the November show.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:08 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark Macrae

Kudos to Andrew and the other volunteers for putting on a great show. The show will never be a 30,000 attendance mega-show,(which is good) but remains one of the most FUN shows to do in the hobby. I'm glad to have been a part of this one, as I have the last 20 years.. The Saturday dinner was classic, even with the fortune cookie mess up , I'd likely forget a person or two, so I'll summarize that it was great to visit with many longtime customers and friends, and look forward to visiting with you again in November...

Old 06-02-2008, 07:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Mark

I would especially like to thank Mark Macrae for his extended time at the show, and for the education on Zeenut Cards. I learned quite a lot... some fascinating stuff, and great stories! This was a very memorable experience (and a cool show!)

Thanks again, Mark

Old 06-02-2008, 11:54 PM
Administrator

Posted By: William Cohon

I couldn't spend much time or money this year, but I do appreciate the wonderful show and the effort of those who put it on. Many thanks, especially to Andrew for the awesome Mishkin Zeenut.

Regards,

Bill

Old 06-03-2008, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith Schneider

This is my first post after years of lurking. I just had to thank Andrew for the great job he did this year. His first at bat and he hits a grand slam. another great show here in the Pacific Northwest. great dealers, great customers, great time! Stay tuned for hopefully many more years of great shows from WSSCA. Thanks!