NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

View Poll Results: New variation??
Yes it is 13 30.95%
Nope 26 61.90%
"NO" because I don't own one yet 3 7.14%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-08-2011, 12:00 PM
Pup6913

Default New T205 Variation Graham "Blue Signature"

After speaking with several collectors in regards to this I believe that there is enough evidence to support a new variation for the T205 set. The George Graham Rustlers card can be found with a "Blue Signature" on AB, BL, Cycle, Drum, and PB. All of these backs combined only make up about 15-20% of the total known copies out there. All other backs are found with the typical black signatures, including all the "Cubs" variations even with the PB back. I believe this is enough evidence to support another new variation to the set. The cards should only carry the premium attached to the backs, but only the market and collectors will determine that in the long run.

Please feel free to comment and keep things civil. Please keep the debate on the card in hand and not some WUNC card or other set not similar to this one please.
Old 08-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
The George Graham Rustlers card can be found with a "Blue Signature" on AB, BL, Cycle, Drum, and PB.
...and Piedmont.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:17 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

For a master set, based simply on card designs, without taking backs into consideration. Then yes.
Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 PM
Pup6913

Piedmont contains black also. Same as PB having both
Old 08-10-2011, 06:24 PM
Pup6913

Does anyone who voted NO have good reasoning as to why this Color variant is not a variation???
Old 08-11-2011, 03:08 AM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Andrew,

So outside AB, BL, Cycle, Drum, PB (not all), Piedmont (not all), SC & Sovereign, all others have a black and you want to say the blue signature is the variation.

If that is the case, then I would say that the Black Signature is less common.

I have looked at all T205's currently on ebay this morning and most seem to have the blue signature including the Sovereign & SC backs listed on there. It appears that the Cubs variation has the Black sig and the Rustlers has the blue. Do you know if both team names come with both signature colors?

I also find it strange that you would now be posting these T205 polls right after you decided not to collect the set any longer. Not saying that you have an ulterior motive, just the timing seems coincidental.

r/
Frank
Old 08-11-2011, 06:54 AM
Michael C

Why not post close up shots of both?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:00 AM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's please View Post

I also find it strange that you would now be posting these T205 polls right after you decided not to collect the set any longer. Not saying that you have an ulterior motive, just the timing seems coincidental.

r/
Frank

Frank I am not sure you know why I have decided to sell my set along with most of my collection. You should read the thread I posted a few weeks ago about my daughter. Thats my motive for that.

As far as my love for this set is the reasoning behind me pointing these variants out. I do not believe that the Black or Blue should be any more valuable than either but its something never mentioned/discussed before.

Last edited by Pup6913; 08-11-2011 at 09:02 AM.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Fr@nk Jenn!ngs

Andrew,

I did read your post about your daughter and I hope that she is doing well (T206's always help everyone feel better ), but I didn't know that you were selling off your 205 collection until I read your post on the B/S/T.

r/
Frank
Old 08-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by T's please View Post
Andrew,

I did read your post about your daughter and I hope that she is doing well (T206's always help everyone feel better ), but I didn't know that you were selling off your 205 collection until I read your post on the B/S/T.

r/
Frank

Frank I am sending a PM.