NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-11-2007, 09:10 PM
Administrator

Default REA Service!

Posted By: MVSNYC

just thought i would share this with you all...

i left a message for REA at around 7:15pm, stating i had a quick question, and whenever someone has a chance to give me a buzz back.

well at 10:45pm my phone rings, and it is Robert Lifson, personally calling me to answer my question...we ended up speaking for almost a half hour, and had a great discussion about some of the lots in his auction...

now if that isn't incredible customer service, then i don't know what is.

Michael Sarno

Old 04-11-2007, 09:13 PM
Administrator

Default REA Service!

Posted By: Wesley

Rob Lifson is one of the true gentlemen in this hobby. Always accessible and always patient even for small collectors like myself.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Administrator

Default REA Service!

Posted By: Kyle

I like Rob for obvious reasons....

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/site/bidplace.aspx?itemid=9748

I only wish I could afford some of those items!

Old 04-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Administrator

Default REA Service!

Posted By: MVSNYC

whata good looking T206 PSA 4 Clymer...

very classy of Rob to make it the last lot in the auction.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:35 PM
Administrator

Default REA Service!

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Rob is top-notch. Honest, dedicated, respects the cards and is not a pig. Can't beat that.

Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Default REA Service!

Posted By: Cat

I got my bid in on the Painted Turtle lot.

Old 04-11-2007, 10:41 PM
Administrator

Default REA Service!

Posted By: Julie Vognar

Rob always returns my calls; he's so great....and my lot is doing great, too.
Hey, you're not going to let me take that Hoy Cameo Pepsin (1222) for $350, are you?...ridiculous!

Old 04-12-2007, 04:56 AM
Administrator

Default REA Service!

Posted By: barrysloate

Rob loves to talk about the hobby. He always returns phone calls and he always gushes with enthusiasm.

One of the stories I like to tell about Rob is during the year I worked at Sotheby's with him cataloguing the Halper collection he would be tugged in six different directions on a daily basis with an endless string of questions, as most of the cataloguers had never seen much of the material before. In that entire year I never saw Rob lose his temper once or even get the least bit testy. I never understood how he kept so even keeled under all the daily stress of coordinating that sale.

Old 04-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Administrator

Default REA Service!

Posted By: Joe D.

I filled out their contact or consignment form online and began to detail an item that really did not belong in an REA auction.

That day, I received a phone call from Rob Lifson personally.

He thanked me for my interest and began to explain that the item was not really suited for his auction. He went further and gave me suggested people to contact.

The conversation was enjoyable, cordial, informative, and a breath of fresh air.

Imagine giving such a quick and personal response to a person who has an item you have absolutely no interest in.

Rob Lifson is a true professional and gentleman.

Old 04-12-2007, 10:29 AM
Administrator

Default REA Service!

Posted By: John H.

Rob was terrific to deal with during my email exchanges with him regarding the inventory of free catalogs he offered us a couple of months ago. He genuinely cares about customer service and the hobby and it really shines through.

John

Old 04-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Default REA Service!

Posted By: peter chao

Guys and Gals,

I could never have Rob Lifson's patience. When client's call at 6:00 P.M., I'm like, "...come on, hurry up, get to the point...you mean to tell me you've got nothing new to tell me."

Peter