NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-31-2006, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Default Stars of The Diamond........Colgans Thread

Posted By: Joe Jones

I have been working on completing this set for a little while now, and still feel in the dark about variations. This thread was started to see if scans of different player variations can be posted. The SCD checklist says that different poses are known for many players. Is putting this set together like piecing a puzzle together? You find the variations as you go, or does anyone actually know what each one is?

Old 10-31-2006, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

I'd like to learn from someone too.........the variations are like Old Judges from what I can see....some are REALLY difficult to obtain--next to impossible. I've been collecting them for years and have about 225 different and have found some others that really aren't listed like the small/large type sets or photos on a couple of Louisville guys that was discussed before and also couple of versions of the Joss chip and others. I know Rhett or Rhys (get you guys mixed up....) or both of them collect them as well as Mark Macrae and Larry Fritsch are the big collectors. Maybe Mark could impart some of his wisdom on the subject. There isn't much written about them over the years...........

Old 10-31-2006, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John S

I too would appreciate any information regarding the level of difficulty for some of the players. It seems that the same 30 or 40 players come up for auction while the remainder of the players are more difficult. I have used Larry Fristch's pricing in his catalog as a gauge (rarity) in the past. I have been adding Colgan's to my collection over the past 12 years and have yet to see many of the listed players.

Old 10-31-2006, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Cook

I'm also interested in more info around the 208 back. Thanks, Andy

Old 10-31-2006, 01:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhett Yeakley

Here ae a couple of the players with slight differences.
-Rhett

Also, I don't blame anyone for getting Rhys and I mixed up, except my mother for having our names so similar. But if you ever meet us in person, I am the good looking one with more hair.
-Rhett

Old 10-31-2006, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Todd Schultz

Old 10-31-2006, 05:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys

Oh my, I see Rhett wishes to engage in a little friendly bantor between brothers!

I've still got great coverage considering what some of our brothers look like, and would beg to differ on the grossly subjective "good looking" question. Any degradation I have suffered in looks must be due to currently having 3 boys under the age of 5, but I will take a little less hair and superior Athletic Ability anyday of the week though. What was that, 5 goals including the overtime winner in my last hockey game last week while Rhett sits out of the sports scene with a groin pull (you've really got to stop pulling that).

Rhett only talks like that because he forgot what it is like to have his older brother put him in his place now that he lives 2500 miles away from me!

I will bow out of the Colgans Chip argument though, Rhett knows the set like the back of his hand and every time I get one I trade it or give it to him so I have not had enough to really study it.

Rhys