NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-04-2018, 07:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

A new pickup and My new sticker on my cards...If you get one of these, well.."fuhgetaboutit" on upgrading. These really speak to you.....you get the idea.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg t205dickson.jpg (63.9 KB, 364 views)
Old 06-04-2018, 07:13 AM
Robert Williams

Maybe the purple sticker guy needs to upgrade HIS game...and have a gold sticker that is EVEN BETTER than the purple sticker!! We can have sticker upon sticker!
Old 06-04-2018, 02:35 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

The continued snowflaking of America. How soon until people demand that every single card in every single slab MUST get a purple sticker??

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:23 PM
Ron Rice

Default Grading the slabs?

I'm waiting for PWCC to start grading the slabs themselves. "This card is a PSA 5, but the slab is in Mint condition!!!"
Old 06-04-2018, 04:05 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

PQ? HE? but but the card is a PSA 4!!! Maybe someone can come up with a BS sticker?
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:27 PM
Tony Schaefer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Is there a PWCC app yet? One that shows you only PWCC cards?
Yes... eBay

eBay: im-a-monster

Facebook: Monster Cards - Fun stuff, new inventory, random thoughts

Instagram: Monster Cards - New inventory almost every day

Twitter: Monster Cards - When I can find something witty to say
Old 06-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Peter Spaeth

Well done.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-05-2018, 09:01 PM

PWCC is just trying to do what any other company tries to do in a bull market: try and take advantage of the situation by adding a couple of levels of hype to the listings. There are so many new collectors out there that they flock to the flame like moths willingly overpaying for cards that most experienced collectors will just watch go by. During the last recession you could fill up a box truck with graded cards, now we're on the other side. Patience and selective buying rules the day.

Jim
Old 06-05-2018, 11:13 PM

Default Pwcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
This is such b.s., how can you know something is the top 20% or 15%, etc. of a certain population unless you have the entire population in front of you at one time to evaluate.
Exactly....A complete marketing joke!
Old 06-05-2018, 11:29 PM

Default Registry

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
Totally agree. The Registry motto seems to be, "Buy The Holder, Not The Card."
Matty, the Population Reports merely serve as a “guide” to give the collector some understanding of a card’s overall rarity as well as its “rarity for the grade”. Two separate collecting views. Regarding “special” eye appeal stickers/notations, it will ultimately NEVER be necessary because a collector will use their OWN optics to truly determine a card’s premium value. More and more, this hobby has moved towards “buying the card”, NOT the grade. We are already there, and don’t require additional marketing schemes as the main driver for our decision making process.
Old 06-06-2018, 05:27 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Between their self serving market analysis and new marketing gimmick, definitely more than a whiff of desperation coming from PWCC. Seems like someone is on to the fact that the party is winding down.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 06-06-2018 at 05:28 AM.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:12 AM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
As far as I can tell this is just a gimmick for PWCC to pimp PSA 3s and 4s and try to convince people they are worth more than they are worth. Good eye appeal in the real estate business usually means nice looking house but it’s located right behind the train tracks.
I agree in terms of PWCCs goal, yet wouldn't be so quick to throw all 3s and 4s under the bus with such a sweeping generalization. I am no fan of PWCC's new "eye appeal system," yet eye appeal does matter a great deal in the card world, and routinely has a major impact on price.

Last edited by MattyC; 06-06-2018 at 06:22 AM.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:29 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
I agree in terms of PWCCs goal, yet wouldn't be so quick to throw all 3s and 4s under the bus with such a sweeping generalization. I am no fan of PWCC's new "eye appeal system," yet eye appeal does matter a great deal in the card world, and routinely has a major impact on price.
Totally agree that eye appeal does matter a great deal. I just don't need PWCC's opinion in that regard, which is obviously totally subjective.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:49 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Totally agree that eye appeal does matter a great deal. I just don't need PWCC's opinion in that regard, which is obviously totally subjective.
Not to mention, does anyone think they make these decisions wholly independent of the identity of the consignor?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 06-06-2018, 06:51 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Quote:
Not to mention, does anyone think they make these decisions wholly independent of the identity of the consignor?
Good point Peter, the consignor probably weighs heavily on who gets the gold star and who doesn't.

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2
Old 06-06-2018, 12:28 PM
Ben Silva
Ben Sil.va

Quote:
Yes, I understand that you guys trust your own eyes, but when you're buying things off the internet, you can't always see everything on the card. Slight creases are notoriously difficult to notice even in good scans. For example, can you tell me where the crease is in the card below? (hint, it's not the corners) The stickers give assurance to me that there isn't anything really "hidden" by the scans. I think it's a good idea, and I would feel much more confident bidding strongly on a card that has something like this. I also trust PWCC, so when they put their sticker of approval on a card, I do see it as adding value.

Last edited by bensie; 06-06-2018 at 12:29 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:31 PM
Robert Williams

I think the crease is on the right border running down thru the 's' in athletics....although my eyes are failing me as I get older.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:34 PM
Banned

bensie

41 posts

no name

fan of pwcc
Old 06-06-2018, 12:39 PM
Ben Silva
Ben Sil.va

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I think the crease is on the right border running down thru the 's' in athletics....although my eyes are failing me as I get older.
Nope...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
bensie

41 posts

no name

fan of pwcc
So because I'm new and didn't fill out my profile, I'm not allowed to have an opinion? Look, it's a simple fact. PWCC putting their HE designator on a card does increase its value. This means that the marketplace (IE people like me) do see a value and do pay for it. Period, end of discussion. I see the PQ designation as adding similar value. It helps to assure me that the card is free from stuff that doesn't show up in a scan.

And yes, I like PWCC. Their scans are always good/consistent, and very representative of the card you receive. I've bought from them and sold through them, and will continue to do so. For selling cards over $200, it's a no brainer. The fees they charge are the same as I'd pay ebay, and if I send to them, I don't have to do any of the work and don't have to deal with the buyers.

Last edited by bensie; 06-06-2018 at 12:41 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 12:56 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Originally Posted by bensie View Post
Yes, I understand that you guys trust your own eyes, but when you're buying things off the internet, you can't always see everything on the card. Slight creases are notoriously difficult to notice even in good scans. For example, can you tell me where the crease is in the card below? (hint, it's not the corners) The stickers give assurance to me that there isn't anything really "hidden" by the scans. I think it's a good idea, and I would feel much more confident bidding strongly on a card that has something like this. I also trust PWCC, so when they put their sticker of approval on a card, I do see it as adding value.

Where does it say anything about "the stickers giving assurances that there isn't anything hidden by the scans"? Is there some reason to believe a PQ or HE labeled card doesn't have any creasing? I guess I'm just not understanding what you're saying here.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:09 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
PSA gives a subjective opinion as well
Old 06-06-2018, 01:16 PM
Ben Silva
Ben Sil.va

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Where does it say anything about "the stickers giving assurances that there isn't anything hidden by the scans"? Is there some reason to believe a PQ or HE labeled card doesn't have any creasing? I guess I'm just not understanding what you're saying here.
Well, the presumption is that if you have a stickered PSA 5 vs. a non-stickered PSA 5, the stickered version should present better overall. It's not a guarantee, obviously, but it is an indicator of a higher quality card in the stickered slab. Have you guys never bid up a mid grade card, only to be 'surprised' once you had the card in hand? Creases, card stock anomalies, surface scratches, etc can all be hidden by the scans. In my experience, PWCC cards with the stickers do not have these 'hidden' problems.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:31 PM
Gobucsmagic74

Quote:
Well, the presumption is that if you have a stickered PSA 5 vs. a non-stickered PSA 5, the stickered version should present better overall. It's not a guarantee, obviously, but it is an indicator of a higher quality card in the stickered slab. Have you guys never bid up a mid grade card, only to be 'surprised' once you had the card in hand? Creases, card stock anomalies, surface scratches, etc can all be hidden by the scans. In my experience, PWCC cards with the stickers do not have these 'hidden' problems.
And all the anomalies you mentioned could conceivably still exist on a HE or PQ stickered card as my understanding is the sticker is based on eye appeal, not technical grade/actual condition.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:50 PM
Matt

Quote:
Look, it's a simple fact. PWCC putting their HE designator on a card does increase its value.
This is precisely where collectors need to be careful, and brings up a subtle yet pretty important point...

PWCC's sticker is not what is increasing the value; the eye appeal of the card in question is what is increasing the card's value, relative to others in the same grade.

It is the card that is getting its due recognition from us collectors and our wallets; PWCC is merely choosing to use a sticker to hang a lantern on exceptional eye appeal, in precisely the same way that another seller will say "high end" or "great eye appeal" or "presents better than some higher grades," etc. Is it a flashier gimmick? Yes. A more effective lantern? Perhaps.

It is paramount to remember that such cards tend to do their thing on the selling block just fine, without a special sticker that merely states the obvious. I'm sure many of us paid "HE-sticker-like premiums" on many a card, long before PWCC rolled out their campaign.

If one allows PWCC's sticker to become the thing instead of the card, that is where a big risk is run. Just as with PSA's stickers— the card has to merit what the sticker says. And only our eyes can confirm or disconfirm that.

Of course this all goes to the heart of one's collecting philosophy— in terms of whether one is collecting cards, or stickers.

Last edited by MattyC; 06-06-2018 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:53 PM
Sam Sw@rtz

Quote:
Between their self serving market analysis and new marketing gimmick, definitely more than a whiff of desperation coming from PWCC. Seems like someone is on to the fact that the party is winding down.
Party winding down? What does this even mean?
Old 06-06-2018, 01:54 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
And all the anomalies you mentioned could conceivably still exist on a HE or PQ stickered card as my understanding is the sticker is based on eye appeal, not technical grade/actual condition.
Yah they aren't professional graders, remember.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-06-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:55 PM
Bob Davies

Quote:
Not buying the fact it is purely subjective. Rampant speculation has always been it's dependent on who the consignor might be.

Quote:

That is what the description is for, not what a sticker is for. Add something more to the generic "worthy of attention", or "difficult to improve upon".

Last edited by Stampsfan; 06-06-2018 at 01:55 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 01:57 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
This is precisely where collectors need to be careful, and brings up a subtle yet pretty important point...

PWCC's sticker is not what is increasing the value; the eye appeal of the card in question is what is increasing the card's value, relative to others in the same grade.

It is the card that is getting its due recognition from us collectors and our wallets; PWCC is merely choosing to use a sticker to hang a lantern on exceptional eye appeal, in precisely the same way that another seller will say "high end" or "great eye appeal" or "presents better than some higher grades," etc. Is it a flashier gimmick? Yes. A more effective lantern? Perhaps.

It is paramount to remember that such cards tend to do their thing on the selling block just fine, without a special sticker that merely states the obvious. I'm sure many of us paid "HE-sticker-like premiums" on many a card, long before PWCC rolled out their campaign.

If one allows PWCC's sticker to become the thing instead of the card, that is where a big risk is run. Just as with PSA's stickers— the card has to merit what the sticker says. And only our eyes can confirm or disconfirm that.

Of course this all goes to the heart of one's collecting philosophy— in terms of whether one is collecting cards, or stickers.
Give me a clear and accurate scan and no marketing BS every time. I'll pass on the kool aid, thank you.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 06-06-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Nope...

So because I'm new and didn't fill out my profile, I'm not allowed to have an opinion? Look, it's a simple fact. PWCC putting their HE designator on a card does increase its value. This means that the marketplace (IE people like me) do see a value and do pay for it. Period, end of discussion. I see the PQ designation as adding similar value. It helps to assure me that the card is free from stuff that doesn't show up in a scan.

And yes, I like PWCC. Their scans are always good/consistent, and very representative of the card you receive. I've bought from them and sold through them, and will continue to do so. For selling cards over $200, it's a no brainer. The fees they charge are the same as I'd pay ebay, and if I send to them, I don't have to do any of the work and don't have to deal with the buyers.
How do you like that sticker-worthy 58 Clemente?

Old 06-06-2018, 02:07 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
How do you like that sticker-worthy 58 Clemente?
Someone may have already covered this, but what happens if you have a HE PWCC card AND convince that dude to slap a purple sticker on it? Does the damm thing just spontaneously combust at that point?
Old 06-06-2018, 02:52 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Someone may have already covered this, but what happens if you have a HE PWCC card AND convince that dude to slap a purple sticker on it? Does the damm thing just spontaneously combust at that point?
Millenial women will fall all over you.

Old 06-06-2018, 03:34 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Quote:
Millenial women will fall all over you.
Well now, there's an idea I hadn't considered.
Old 06-06-2018, 03:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
So because I'm new and didn't fill out my profile, I'm not allowed to have an opinion?
sure you're allowed to have an opinion. and if you want to express it here, check out the rule in bold at the top of the page:

If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:21 PM
Bill Gregory

Oh, how I wish Yogi Berra were alive to see this.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 06-08-2018, 01:28 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Fixed and he and I will have a quick chat about it soon...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedsFan1941 View Post
sure you're allowed to have an opinion. and if you want to express it here, check out the rule in bold at the top of the page:

If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:11 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

If there is a flaw on a PWCC stickered card, HE or PQ, that gives a whole new meaning to “sticker shock”.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.

Last edited by frankbmd; 06-08-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 06-08-2018, 02:25 PM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default well

You don't want to wear the ribbon??!?
Old 06-08-2018, 03:07 PM
C0nor D0na.hue

Man, this is a slippery slope. Adding a sticker and marketing it as adding perceived value to something is dicey. I don't know what kind of premium, if any, these will add to prices, but I just did a 3 minute search and found this company who makes similar stickers. Scroll down to item 34. If it's not identical, it's so close that most wouldn't know the difference. Wouldn't be hard to just buy a bunch and slap them on everything. With power comes responsibility, and this seems sloppy. At least custom design your sticker from scratch instead of using something off the shelf. Jeez.

https://www.novavisioninc.com/pages/...am_labels.html
Old 06-08-2018, 03:24 PM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Man, this is a slippery slope. Adding a sticker and marketing it as adding perceived value to something is dicey. I don't know what kind of premium, if any, these will add to prices, but I just did a 3 minute search and found this company who makes similar stickers. Scroll down to item 34. If it's not identical, it's so close that most wouldn't know the difference. Wouldn't be hard to just buy a bunch and slap them on everything. With power comes responsibility, and this seems sloppy. At least custom design your sticker from scratch instead of using something off the shelf. Jeez.

https://www.novavisioninc.com/pages/...am_labels.html
Sorta related to my issue with it which is, at least the grading companies are somewhat accountable for their standards (buy back guarantees etc...) PWCC eschews all responsibility (we're not professional graders) while offering a MORE HIGHLY NUANCED opinion on a cards condition (or appeal or whatever they want to call it) than the grading companies. PLUS they don't back it up with any kind of guarantee. Basically "We can't grade from 1 - 20 (1-10 with half point grades is in essence a 20 point scale) but we can grade on a 40, or possibly 80 point scale (1-10 with half grades plus HE plus PQ)
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 06-08-2018, 04:10 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Sorta related to my issue with it which is, at least the grading companies are somewhat accountable for their standards (buy back guarantees etc...) PWCC eschews all responsibility (we're not professional graders) while offering a MORE HIGHLY NUANCED opinion on a cards condition (or appeal or whatever they want to call it) than the grading companies. PLUS they don't back it up with any kind of guarantee. Basically "We can't grade from 1 - 20 (1-10 with half point grades is in essence a 20 point scale) but we can grade on a 40, or possibly 80 point scale (1-10 with half grades plus HE plus PQ)
The 58 Clemente which was pointed out by Chris P. was enough to make me lose all faith (not that I ever had any) in PWCC's ability to spot a high end card.

Old 06-08-2018, 04:13 PM
Joshua

My prediction. This is a fad and will either be spun off if there is traction, or discontinue when all is said and done.

There is definitely a business case for a "second opinion" or any edge over the normal grade. Sales backs this up from the price premiums realized from from + grading to "high-end" cards at the auctions. I think it would be nice to have a PSA sticker or a SGC sticker on the slabs as second opinions and to solve the registry dilemma. But there are conflict of interests if the auction does the second opinion.

For the bidder, that label serves as an economic signal to everyone else bidding for the card. Higher prices are good for PWCC, not the bidder. Value economics decline and makes competing auction houses better hunting grounds for value. Oh yeah, what happens when PSA issues their new version slab and when you resubmit that sticker goes away...like driving a new car off the lot?

For the seller, what if you don't get one of their shiny labels and you are listed in their auction? Does that mean a card graded is weak for its grade? Tough cookies on the crap shoot of consigning to see if you get a label, only to not get one and get less than what you were hoping for.
Old 06-10-2018, 09:11 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshuanip View Post
My prediction. This is a fad and will either be spun off if there is traction, or discontinue when all is said and done.

There is definitely a business case for a "second opinion" or any edge over the normal grade. Sales backs this up from the price premiums realized from from + grading to "high-end" cards at the auctions. I think it would be nice to have a PSA sticker or a SGC sticker on the slabs as second opinions and to solve the registry dilemma. But there are conflict of interests if the auction does the second opinion.

For the bidder, that label serves as an economic signal to everyone else bidding for the card. Higher prices are good for PWCC, not the bidder. Value economics decline and makes competing auction houses better hunting grounds for value. Oh yeah, what happens when PSA issues their new version slab and when you resubmit that sticker goes away...like driving a new car off the lot?

For the seller, what if you don't get one of their shiny labels and you are listed in their auction? Does that mean a card graded is weak for its grade? Tough cookies on the crap shoot of consigning to see if you get a label, only to not get one and get less than what you were hoping for.

Still its better for the auction house to get business when the consignor knows theres a chance they can get the high end designation when other auctions houses dont offer the chance.....just having the chance is why people buy ungraded cards, 'unopened' pack or buy a mantle someone said found in their uncle's attic ....lots of money is made from people hoping for the 'chance'

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 06-10-2018 at 09:11 AM.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:38 AM
Scott Russell

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
Still its better for the auction house to get business when the consignor knows theres a chance they can get the high end designation when other auctions houses dont offer the chance.....just having the chance is why people buy ungraded cards, 'unopened' pack or buy a mantle someone said found in their uncle's attic ....lots of money is made from people hoping for the 'chance'
But how often is it made by the people TAKING the chance???
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 06-10-2018, 08:57 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
The 58 Clemente which was pointed out by Chris P. was enough to make me lose all faith (not that I ever had any) in PWCC's ability to spot a high end card.
I'm sure the consignor requested and received the "HE" label. But yes, you are right, definitely NOT a high end card.
Old 06-11-2018, 08:11 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I'm sure the consignor requested and received the "HE" label. But yes, you are right, definitely NOT a high end card.
When I asked for HE on a card I too was turned down. The corners were too soft, I was told. That said, I am sure I am not an HE collector....more like a LE collector (low end). Where are those LE stickers?

Last edited by Leon; 06-11-2018 at 08:12 AM.
Old 06-11-2018, 10:48 AM
Peter Spaeth

65 35 with a tilt, not sure I would have called this PQ.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (79.3 KB, 68 views)

Old 06-11-2018, 11:10 AM
Greg Ryk0w$k1

Here you go Leon, Certified Low End (not my card).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/gregr2

Last edited by gregr2; 06-11-2018 at 12:30 PM.