NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-10-2003, 11:33 AM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: Jeff Kennedy

Hello All,

I am new to the Forum. I had the pleasure of speaking with several of the other collectors last night on the chat. For those of you whom I did not get the chance to speak with I wanted to say hello, and I look forward to chatting with you in the future. I look to use this forum as a valuable tool in my search of vintage baseball cards. Right now I am focusing on the T206 set. Hopefully through this forum I can meet other collectors to trade with and learn things about the hobby as I am just a beginner. CHEERS to all!

Old 01-10-2003, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: John(z28jd)

As far as T206's go,Elliot seems to be the expert but i think he gets his info from someone else,and just pretends he knows everything.....Sometimes hes wrong though if he listens to the wrong people

Old 01-10-2003, 12:10 PM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: Lee Behrens

Hi, Welcome Jeff and it was good talking to you last night.
I just wanted to take a minute and point out to the people new to this board and would like to use the chatroom.

I was in the chatroom Monday and Wednesday nights. Both nights there was a new person in the chatroom, On Monday the new person seemed quite nice and we offered him information but when we asked him for information on himself he would not give any. We tried to explain to him that we not attacking him just a common courtesy of ID yourself. I think the gentlemen is a nice person but people have to realize that if you don't give some background why should we give any information.

WE ARE NOT ATTACKING ANYONE FOR ASKING IDS, JUST COMMON COURTESY SO DON'T FEEL PICKED ON.

Jeff was in the chatroom last night and had given out the information willing and was able to spend acouple hours chatting with him, privately and in the open forum.

It's a pleasure to have all new members, just identify yourself if asked we are not being rude. There is a wealth of knowledge and great people on this board you would be missing out if you are truly interested in learning more about vintage collecting.

Hail to our Cult Learder, Elliott.

Old 01-10-2003, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: quan

there's a chat room? please give address I've never been in one.

Old 01-10-2003, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: Jaime Leiderman

The chat room link is on the forum front page... Top right

Old 01-10-2003, 01:01 PM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: MW

Welcome aboard, Jeff!

Old 01-10-2003, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: Elliot

Just to be clear---John is joking around---I'm far from an expert on t206's.

Old 01-11-2003, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

Holy crap... I didn't know this was a cult! I'm gonna check my kool-aid...

Old 01-11-2003, 12:35 PM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: hankron

In the past, there were anonymous people who would go on the chatboard in order to cause trouble. They would refuse to identify themselves and, on the chat, there's no way for Elliot to delete anymous posters. So the rule of thumb on the chatboard is to ask anonymous chatters to identify themselves and, if they don't, they are simply ignored. Anyone is welcome to join the chat when it's going on, but just expect to be asked who you are. This isn't intended as a grilling or some scam, but merely politeness amongst a friendly group of collectors.

Old 01-12-2003, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: Julie Vognar

They tend to engrave themselves on one's memory.

Old 01-12-2003, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: Julie Vognar

If you suddenly come accross a crowd of people, don't you want to know a whole lot about them before you start telling them about you? We get about 10 calls a day from people wanting to refinance our house, and right off, they want out SS numbers. Well wait just a darn minute.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't have any trade secrets. Let them learn what they've gotten themselves into, and then start sharing info.

Old 01-14-2003, 05:51 PM
Administrator

Default NEW TO THE FORUM

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

So, I'm glad to help you out there... Just post your SSN here and I'll get you started!

I'll be glad to hold any of your Matty's for collateral, too.