NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-27-2015, 08:01 PM

Chris and Erick,

If you will accommodate, I think many of us would be very interested to see your current respective "best guesses" as to the MxN composition of a T206 sheet based on Lash's and any other information you have so ably acquired. Animations are appreciated.

Scot

Last edited by sreader3; 05-27-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 11:06 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Hey Scot,

I haven't looked at this in a while but when overlaying the PCs on a grid with T206 dimensions I am seeing consistency in horizontal & vertical spacing. The hight of the PCs are 3:4 ratio of a T206 and align perfectly with several of the Lash Bitters T206 overprints.

Width wise, its a 4:19 ratio, without any margin on the T206 side which we know there was. 17x8 could be an option.

These T206s look to have 2 different PCs overprinted, both with the front right side up and upside down as well as the reverse.

There is a lot going on to show in one animation, the cards that flash show where the overprint Lash ink aligns with the background PC. Look at the yellow gold kicker rod on the bar, Lash Bitters logo, blue jacket of smaller man, blue hat etc.

Definitely needs a lot more work.

Last edited by atx840; 05-27-2015 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:00 AM

Chris,

This is terrific.

Thanks.

Scot
Old 05-28-2015, 07:15 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Chris, that last display is so freaking awesome I feel like sticking this thread to the top . Wow, is all I can say....(and great job!!)

Screw it. It's getting stickied for a while today......

Last edited by Leon; 05-28-2015 at 08:15 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:26 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default card call out

Hey Chris,
can you call out which cards you are using in the animation in post #52?
Old 05-28-2015, 08:43 AM
Bry@n

I LOVE these Lash's Bitters cards. I tried to get the Barger when he came up but fell just short.

I wanted to add to this thread the possibility that there were two Lash's sheets and that the cards we have came from both. Schlafly has a misregistration in the gray layer that Nattress appears not to have and also has a much larger blue shift than Nattress. The other misregistrations look more or less consistent to me so I can't help but wonder if Schlafly came from a second sheet.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:18 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Bryan there very well could have been two sheets, Barger doesnt quite fit next to Bliss on this sheet but possibly in the same position but lower/higher if a true sheet was 8 T206s tall.

Last edited by atx840; 05-28-2015 at 10:04 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:39 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Quote:
Originally Posted by atx840 View Post
Perhaps 17

I think you also need to align the Piedmont backs, which I don't think the Maddox does.
Quote:
Chris, per earlier discussions in this thread, Maddox does not line up from a "Piedmont 350" back alignment, although the other components of the layout match. Not to make more work for you, but perhaps another frame of the animation with the Piedmont 350 backs would help.

Can you look back at my Posts #39 and #40 to see if my assumptions have been overcome by what you've learned since then?

Last edited by t206hound; 05-28-2015 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-28-2015, 11:09 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Bryan there very well could have been two sheets, Barger doesnt quite fit next to Bliss on this sheet but possibly in the same position but lower/higher if a true sheet was 8 T206s tall.

Amazing work Chris,

There are two sheets that indicate a minimum of 11 high and one a minimum of 12 high in the plate scratches so Barger might line up higher or lower somewhere.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:56 PM
David R

Default Great work

This is really great work Chris! It was about 8 or 9 years ago when I first realized I had these t206s with a strange Andy Warhol motif on the back. Freaks were not nearly so popular then and some even told me they were worthless to any "serious" collector. At the time Trae (from this board) helped me figure out that some of them actually fit together and he posted the scans of all of them here on the board for me to get people's reactions (I had never even heard of this board). Trae soon identified the Lash's post card on eBay and figured out that that was the image printed on the back. I am really glad all these years later that people are still interested in these cards and that they are helping smart, computer saavy sleuths like Chris continue to discover new things about this great set which, at age 105+, continues to hold some secrets.

I have sold four of them individually over the years (and know at least two of those were resold) but decided to hold on to the two main groups of three that fit together, and a couple singles. It's nice to see people continue to post and enjoy them.

David R.
Old 05-28-2015, 10:16 PM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Default Proof? T206 were printed in rows of more than twelve

They are, to me, great little piece of T206 history and really appreciate owning one, thank you.

Erick you're right, Maddox is probably not in the correct spot. There is a lot going on with these and my head hurts trying to understand it

Need to take it one PC overlay at a time plus as you mentioned consider the confirmed neighbours for the known Lash examples. If someone wants to run with the dimension aspect of potential sheet size based on the PC that would really help. Fun stuff.

Last edited by atx840; 05-28-2015 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-29-2015, 05:44 AM
Barry Sloate

Quote:
Originally Posted by David R View Post
This is really great work Chris! It was about 8 or 9 years ago when I first realized I had these t206s with a strange Andy Warhol motif on the back. Freaks were not nearly so popular then and some even told me they were worthless to any "serious" collector. At the time Trae (from this board) helped me figure out that some of them actually fit together and he posted the scans of all of them here on the board for me to get people's reactions (I had never even heard of this board). Trae soon identified the Lash's post card on eBay and figured out that that was the image printed on the back. I am really glad all these years later that people are still interested in these cards and that they are helping smart, computer saavy sleuths like Chris continue to discover new things about this great set which, at age 105+, continues to hold some secrets.

I have sold four of them individually over the years (and know at least two of those were resold) but decided to hold on to the two main groups of three that fit together, and a couple singles. It's nice to see people continue to post and enjoy them.

David R.
David,
I remember auctioning one of them for you, and while I found them to be incredibly interesting, I don't think the market was there at that time. Today, they are gold.

Last edited by barrysloate; 05-29-2015 at 05:44 AM.
Old 03-03-2016, 10:27 AM
Steve F
St.eve F@llet.ti

eBay item # 311539399729

To whomever may own one of these scraps. The Bitter's postcard is available -not mine
May be a nice companion piece
Old 04-10-2022, 06:45 AM
P@trick R.omolo

This is one of my favorite threads, I was going through my folder of ghost image scans and it reminded me of this thread.

There was a lot of progress made on the Lash's cards but it stalled out for some reason and I think there's room for more progress to be made on these.

I think you can tentatively put Freeman between Maddox and Bliss on this sheet.
Bliss-Freeman.jpg

There's also a Barger ghost but I'm not sure who the other subject is, maybe Natress? and it's a SC350/30 not a PD350.
Barger-Natress.jpg

Personally I think all the Lash's cards came from one scrap sheet and the height and possibly the width of the sheet needs to be increased to get all of them to fit. I know they are a different series but the plate scratch sheets show that the same subject was used in numerous vertical rows two of them show a minimum of 14 high.
I think at some point during the print group 1 printing they switched from printing a single vertical subject on the sheets to using two and that would put the minimum same vertical subjects at 7 on a sheet.

This is the minimum height of each sheet/partial sheet as indicated by the known plate scratches.
Plate scratch sheets 1-4.jpg
Old 04-11-2022, 10:41 AM
Chris Browne
Administrator

Nice Pat! I've started to work on the Lash cards again, slow progress.

Old 04-13-2022, 05:42 AM
Steve Woe.lfel

I love this thread and the work that everyone has done to try and lay out an entire T206 sheet. Just a bump to keep it on the front page...
T206 SLers: 11/48
T206 Back Run: 28/39

Desiderata

You are a child of the universe,
no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here.
And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams,
it is still a beautiful world.
Strive to be happy.
Old 04-16-2022, 06:55 AM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Nice Pat! I've started to work on the Lash cards again, slow progress.

Glad you are still working on it Chris, I'm not sure if you have this one but here's a Rhodes/Rudolph Ghost.

Rhodes -Rudolph.jpg
Old 04-16-2022, 11:49 AM
Joh.n Spen.cer

I feel sorry for the poor fellows waiting around for their own personal "live one". Not sure if a shot of Lash's beforehand might lead to disastrous results.