NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-23-2015, 11:26 AM

Default Congrats Graig Kreindler on Wall Street Journal Article

http://on.wsj.com/1Hz1CWu
Old 05-23-2015, 11:53 AM
Mikeknapp

Congratulations Graig! Your success and growing popularity are certainly merited.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 05-23-2015, 12:53 PM
Bill Boyd

Very nice article Craig. Hope you have many copies.

He was also featured in a Fox News video, that they may be using during ballgames. This is the Fox news online video.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/424722325...#sp=show-clips

Way to go Graig. Impressive
Old 05-23-2015, 01:24 PM
George

That's awesome Graig congrats!! My wife was reading WSJ and I saw this one sprawled out on back cover of 'Review'...really great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-23-2015, 01:25 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Kudos. I met Graig at last years National, and he's a fine fellow. I somehow a famous artist to me more arrogant , but he's very down to earth and with a sense of humor.

Last edited by drcy; 05-23-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 05-23-2015, 02:13 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

VERY proud to have his work hanging in my home!!! Awesome guy, too!!
Old 05-23-2015, 02:14 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

This is great! Great exposure here for tremendous artist and person! Congrats Graig, I think the accolades will continue to roll in over the years!
Old 05-23-2015, 06:37 PM
_Er!ck*L.ew1n_

Just noticed my painting got included in the WSJ photo gallery online!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 18021627985_aed72628c4_z.jpg (30.6 KB, 362 views)
Old 05-23-2015, 09:02 PM

Congrats to Graig! Very cool!
Old 05-24-2015, 09:01 AM
Joe Gonsowski

Congrats Graig !!

The press is well deserved. I'm personally happy to see Graig's research on Charlie Bennett's suit coming along. I originally had the information from the Detroit Free Press which was a good starting point but incomplete. The final detail to pin down is the color of "DETROIT" across the chest. From 1886 to 1888 the Wolverines used both red and blue, perhaps during same year (home/road etc.). While things like belt and socks could and did change based on whether they were home or road, not yet sure the shirt (or pants) changed. The April 1886 photo shoot at Tomlinson studio is undoubtedly with red socks and belt, just not sure if "DETROIT" is in blue or red. Graig has helped locate some new sources (some shown below) of information and I'm hopeful there are more to come. We are getting close!

Does anyone read the sources differently than I? It would be very helpful to know what the "St. Paul Globe" means by "trimmings".

Thanks Graig!
- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers
Old 05-24-2015, 11:39 AM
Joe Gonsowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
Just noticed my painting got included in the WSJ photo gallery online!
The Bennett shows up as well (just need to figure out the color for "DETROIT").

- 19th century Detroit memorabilia and cards with emphasis on Goodwin & Co. issues ( N172 / N173 / N175 ) and Tomlinson cabinets
- N333 SF Hess Newsboys League cards (all teams)
- Pre ATC Merger (1890 and prior) cigarette packs and redemption coupons from all manufacturers
Old 05-24-2015, 03:43 PM
Don Stokes

I would say that if the socks were of color that lettering would be the same color as the socks.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by billyb View Post
Very nice article Craig. Hope you have many copies.

He was also featured in a Fox News video, that they may be using during ballgames. This is the Fox news online video.

http://video.foxnews.com/v/424722325...#sp=show-clips

Way to go Graig. Impressive
Congrats Graig. That was a great interview. Next time brush your hair . (I just wish I had some to brush)
Old 05-25-2015, 10:34 PM
Graig Kreindler

Thank you so much for the kind words, everybody. I sincerely appreciate them. And I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, it's really because of you good folks that any of this stuff was even possible. Seriously.

In regards to Joe's painting, I'm definitely leaning towards the red lettering at this point. It seems odd to me that they would be wearing those stockings and a different shirt. And we know they were wearing the darker ones because of the team shot. So, yeah, I think I'm going with red...unless I hear different...which could happen.

Thanks again, guys.

Graig
Old 05-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKreindler View Post
Thank you so much for the kind words, everybody. I sincerely appreciate them. And I know I've said it before, but I'll say it again, it's really because of you good folks that any of this stuff was even possible. Seriously.

In regards to Joe's painting, I'm definitely leaning towards the red lettering at this point. It seems odd to me that they would be wearing those stockings and a different shirt. And we know they were wearing the darker ones because of the team shot. So, yeah, I think I'm going with red...unless I hear different...which could happen.

Thanks again, guys.

Graig
Well done lil buddy.. it is very well deserved. You are the man. WSJ is big time boi!

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 05-26-2015, 01:08 PM
Paul

Congrats Graig. Nice article in the WSJ. Are you setting up at the national this year?
Old 05-28-2015, 07:30 AM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks, Paul. Unfortunately I won't be at the National at all this year, as my wife and I are expecting a new addition to the family right around then. I'm very sad that I'll be missing the festivities (for the first time since 2009), but I figured this was as good a reason as any.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:40 PM
Archive

Nice article Graig!

Have you ever thought or been approached about putting your paintings onto trading cards like Frazetta did?

As always, simply amazed by your talent.

Jantz
Old 05-29-2015, 09:10 AM
Graig Kreindler

Thanks a lot, Jantz!

The closest I came to that was having Upper Deck interested in putting some of my stuff on their cards years ago. But it's been crickets ever since. Have an entire set dedicated to my stuff would be quite a trip. Though, I couldn't even hold Frazetta's jock - that guy was a god.

Gtaig