NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-28-2011, 11:48 AM

Default A question of authenticity? My first Wagner

I'm doing this a little backwards this time. Usually I get opinions from the knowlegdgable board members about the authenticity of a card before I buy it. I've been helped by several, especially Leon a few times, and I've really appreciated the willingness to share their knowledge. However, this time, I bought the card, got it in hand, and now want to make sure others believe it's authentic. If I need to I can then contact the seller and return it for a refund. It looks good to me, as best as I can tell, but I'm still very new to all this. Thanks for any opinions. Here's the scans:

Looks trimmed, which is fine with me because that's probably why I got it for what I think is a good price. It came in this holder:

Thanks for looking and any opinions offered. I'm very excited to have this finally in hand. It's my first Wagner and may be the only I'll ever be able to afford.
http://s241.photobucket.com/home/woundedduck/allalbums
Old 01-28-2011, 12:18 PM

The photo stock should be very thin, and the photo should be glossy. Looks good to me based on the scan. Nice pickup!

Last edited by Jason Carota; 01-28-2011 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2011, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Carota View Post
The photo stock should be very thin, and the photo should be glossy. Looks good to me based on the scan. Nice pickup!
Those were the first 2 things I noticed about it when I got it. It's a very cool looking card, especially with the glossy finish.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:12 PM
Fred

Even before I got to the bottom picture I figured the card was trimmed. It is definitely real. Nice pick up if the price was right.
Old 01-28-2011, 01:37 PM
Jon Canfield

Card is 100% good - even with the trimming it displays nicely.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:17 PM

Thanks for the help everyone. I know trimming bothers a lot of people but I don't have the deepest pockets. If I can get a nice card cheaper because of trimming or poorer condition, I'm all for it. The card is gorgeous in my opinion and couldn't be happier to add it to my collection
Old 01-29-2011, 07:21 AM
Glyn Parson

Default Please dont take this the wrong way

but if you cant tell if a fatima is real or not you may want to stick to buying sgc graded cards. Fatimas are probably the easiest cards out there to identify a real vs a fake. You would also be safe with PSA since you seem to want cheaper material. The fake holders and reslabbed PSA card are on the more expensive items. Also a lot of times the lower grade PSA or SGC cards wont cost you any more than they do raw, contrary to popular belief. Once you get a feel of what the real things look like than I would start dabbling in raw. Ive seen way more people burnt by buying raw then by buying either PSA or SGC cards.
Old 01-29-2011, 07:56 AM
Clayton

Default T200

Nice pick up, I enjoy looking at team shots...but do not know a whole lot other than what I've read about these, and have a couple of questions if anyone could help.

1- It appears on my screen to have a gold type border. Am I seeing that right?

2- Will you only find these with a Factory 25 and a Factory 42 on the back?

Thanks- Clayton
Old 01-29-2011, 11:01 AM
Brian Daniels

Default real one

I have a real one if you'd be interested certified in a PSA 5 holder
e-mail me cardknowledge@sbcglobal.net brian
Old 01-29-2011, 12:11 PM

It's actually a black and not gold border. The surface is shiny and reflects in the scan, making it look a little gold.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:08 PM

Looks genuine to me. As already noted-- thin paper, glossy front, matte back. the cracks you see are common to the issue. The cards are glossy team photos on photopaper, with the add stamped on back.

Last edited by drc; 01-29-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:12 PM
Clayton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woundedduck View Post
It's actually a black and not gold border. The surface is shiny and reflects in the scan, making it look a little gold.
Thanks for the response. It is a beautiful card, trimmed or not.

Sincerely, Clayton
Old 01-29-2011, 02:46 PM
J0N PEDEℜSѺN

Nice P/U - 100% authentic.

I like my one and only T200 - Cleveland w/ Joe Jackson, Ray Chapman, Nap Lajoie & Larry the Dog...