NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 10-22-2013, 12:40 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Default Seen this before, but damn

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/larges...173340692.html

4600 is a big number
Old 10-22-2013, 01:36 PM
J@son.K

"Schrader admitted that "there's an emptiness" in his home without the baseballs..." um...yeah, if your home is missing 4,600 baseballs, I bet!

And his wife has over 500 cookie jars...AND she carries a blank baseball around in her purse, just in case! Now, that's some support from an understanding wife. My wife is irritated every time I add to my baseball collection!

Last edited by djson1; 10-22-2013 at 01:36 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:05 PM

I heard about this guys collection and vault...there's a few news stories floating around about his collection.....must be nice....

however, I hope the museum highlights the rare HOF autos, b/c the public will notice a mantle auto but not a rare early HOF'er..

When I went to cooperstown, there's a wall of baseball cards before you exit. I remember laughing at the people talking pics of the 80's cards, when 5' away was the rare Wagner card...

Last edited by whyconform; 10-22-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:08 PM

found pics
http://www.spmoh.com/visit/exhibits/baseball/
Old 10-22-2013, 02:24 PM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyconform View Post
He really has 7!!!!!!! Babe Ruth baseballs... good god
Old 10-22-2013, 08:36 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

I believe his collection has been a topic here before and it, as you can imagine, has several fakes in it. I'm anxious to see what the two signatures on the balls under the Shoeless Joe picture look like....
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 10-22-2013, 08:38 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Here you go....

http://www.wtsp.com/news/topstories/...henticity-test
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 10-23-2013, 07:34 AM
Is@ac Le.vin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
I find it funny that this News Channel wants him to have JSA look at his collection. If I was in his situation and getting a cut from a museum to have my collection sit there, I would have a hard time having someone say that half of them are fake.

He knows the high end ones are fakes, otherwise, the collection would be worth more than 2 million.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:57 PM
Fra.nk Rein.stein

Video of collection-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Szw6Yn18fHo

Pictures-
http://www.bigleaguebaseballs.com/ma...e-cooperstown/

Stolen from old thread in here
Old 10-23-2013, 03:15 PM
kirk welch

it is always funny in my 25 years plus in business seeing a news article somebody send s me about a "find" or a collection and me knowing what i know and what is real and what is not , just how little research whoever did in the reporting . i have seen attic finds with t206 wagners that was in usatoday or something like that and i am looking at the image it is a galaso reprint from the 70`s , or a real dog ear ruth ball and a article says $100,000 ruth found after 70 years. what is really funny is they make such a big deal he has 4500 signed baseballs , right now i have almost 4000 signed baseballs here with me , maybe 3000 are for sale on ebay and i have at least 800 more that are certed by psa/dna and jsa that are real and arent even listed , i can dig out several hudred more extras i dont get certed to sell unless i sell another , and thats not counting the thousands i sell each year, heck i sold upper deck like 700 this year to make into cards, and these are real . i have a maris , lindstrom, frisch, greenberg coveleski etc that arent even on until i catch up. and the funny thing i am not the only one like this . point is i usually give these stories one look . he knows they are bad but what is gonna do now?
Old 10-24-2013, 04:33 PM
Belltown Vintage

Still an interesting topic. The 'Joe and Marilyn' ball story makes you wonder if he doesn't have a small ego problem;i.e- he 'needs' to have certain balls in his collection so badly that it becomes so. But I'm sure he's already considered a Jesus-signed ball and realizes that if he found one, there's only a small chance he could get it by JSA.

Great stuff. I would like to see some of his 1800's star-signed balls next to some that have shown up in major auctions recently, that were 'signed' by the same players. And both next to the autographs on that famous set of signed sheets that we discussed recently under the 'holy grail' thread.
Old 10-25-2013, 09:53 AM

almost spit out my drink @ Jesus ball hahaha
Old 10-25-2013, 11:45 AM
Belltown Vintage

The 'Jesus ball' comment was a reference to the article posted earlier in this thread - I think John R used it as an example. That article was a great read.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:10 PM
John T.
Joh.n Ta.ng

I want to get one of those 30 balls case display. haha