NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 03-05-2019, 01:22 AM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlcardsfan View Post
Tim, I have a '67 with the exact same red print dot. Mine came back a 6. Doesn't look as nice as yours, however. Nice Mick pick ups!

P.S. I never thought the dot might be recurring until you posted yours. Might we have found a new print variation?
Yes!! A very rare and valuable variation!! Seriously though, I have in my head that I have seen one with this dot before but I sure can't seem to recall where and I can't find one with it in past auctions. I paid less than 6 money for it so I'm hoping it comes back at least a 6. To me it is a 7 not figuring in the dot. I have a couple more Micks to pick up next weekend then I will probably send that one in next week. So I guess we'll find out in a couple of months!
Old 03-05-2019, 10:49 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
eBay mailday today on this card that I’ve wanted for quite some time. Very cool to finally have it in-hand. If this thing isn’t dead nuts centered, it’s damn close. Always thought this concept for AS cards was neat, the bursting out of the headlines - and think on the whole this is an underrated Mantle card.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
for once, I agree with your assessment on "centering"
Old 03-05-2019, 10:51 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagwell-1994 View Post
I'm a new collector, really just started this past summer, but here are my 3 mantles so far. I hope to build a nice set of all of his vintage cards some day.
That is a nice start. The 52 and 53 would complete my run nicely.
Old 03-05-2019, 11:14 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Tim, I have a '67 with the exact same red print dot. Mine came back a 6. Doesn't look as nice as yours, however. Nice Mick pick ups!

P.S. I never thought the dot might be recurring until you posted yours. Might we have found a new print variation?
I think that print mark is somewhat common where it is on the 67 Mantle?

Last edited by Fuddjcal; 03-05-2019 at 11:15 AM. Reason: should have read comments above on the RARE print variation
Old 03-05-2019, 11:16 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Promethius88 View Post
Yes!! A very rare and valuable variation!! Seriously though, I have in my head that I have seen one with this dot before but I sure can't seem to recall where and I can't find one with it in past auctions. I paid less than 6 money for it so I'm hoping it comes back at least a 6. To me it is a 7 not figuring in the dot. I have a couple more Micks to pick up next weekend then I will probably send that one in next week. So I guess we'll find out in a couple of months!
then it's probably a 5
Old 03-05-2019, 11:56 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
for once, I agree with your assessment on "centering"
Ha! & thank you!
Old 03-05-2019, 02:38 PM
D.an Jackso.n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuddjcal View Post
I think that print mark is somewhat common where it is on the 67 Mantle?
Upper right border. See post #1146.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:15 AM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
I have one without the pink dot... maybe that is the rare and valuable variation!
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:11 AM
D.an Jackso.n

delete

Last edited by stlcardsfan; 03-07-2019 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-09-2019, 10:39 AM
Damon

Default Mantle Mantle with Initials on back

Greetings. This is my first post. Great discussions on here. I have a question about what to do, or how to represent, a Mantle card with someone's initials on the back. It is a 68 Mantle that the original owner I'm assuming wrote their 2-letter initials on the back of the card. It is in red felt tip, so pretty obvious. First, do initials on the BACK of the card knock it down a few grading scales? The card overall is in good shape, no creases, sharp corners, good image. Second, is it ethical to see if someone can professionally remove the initials. My goal is to understand it's worth, and then possibly sell it, depending on the outcome. Pic here: Any feedback is really appreciated. I do't like it, but will the Mantle collectors be uptight. I have seen some really poor cards sell for a lot on ebay!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mm68pic.jpg (72.6 KB, 351 views)
Old 03-09-2019, 02:41 PM
Chris

It depends on the condition of the front, but you aren’t getting more than “poor” pricing on a marked up, not particularly popular card. The only poor cards that bring a fortune are the rare test issues or the highly desirable rookies.
Old 03-09-2019, 03:45 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:

Ok, so I'm possibly an idiot. I mentioned that I remember seeing one with the pink print dot but couldn't remember where. Well, it was in my own collection! Was going thru my Micks and my PSA 6 has the same dot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg MickRed.jpg (79.0 KB, 437 views)
Old 03-09-2019, 03:50 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

And here are my Mick pick ups for this week. The 69 is a little uglier than the one I bought last week and the 58 is a beater. Both were prices right. $100 for the pair.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mick.jpg (77.7 KB, 437 views)
Old 03-09-2019, 03:51 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Depends on the buyer and/or the grading company. PSA would give it a MK qualifier and it would be considered 2 grades lower for registry set purposes. Maybe 2-3 grades lower on the price value. It is definitely unethical to try and remove it.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 03-09-2019, 06:28 PM
Damon

Default Thanks

That's pretty close to what I was thinking, especially on getting it "restored". I have been off and on collecting for a long time, but the Mantle market is nuts in general- in a good way. I did see an old Mantle that looked like it had been through the washing machine and someone paid over $100. And yes I know the 68 Mantle isn't rare or special enough to be worth
a fortune. My first Mantle is a 69 Topps that my dad helped engineer the trade for- It cost me a few 1973 stars- I made out pretty well on that- and still have it. Thanks again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
It depends on the condition of the front, but you aren’t getting more than “poor” pricing on a marked up, not particularly popular card. The only poor cards that bring a fortune are the rare test issues or the highly desirable rookies.
Old 03-10-2019, 08:31 AM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
And here are my Mick pick ups for this week. The 69 is a little uglier than the one I bought last week and the 58 is a beater. Both were prices right. $100 for the pair.
Congrats on the pickups, Tim
Old 03-12-2019, 10:48 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

With a 15% discount from the seller and the 15% Ebay app discount, I was able to purchase these three for a very good price:

1965 Topps- MICKEY MANTLE EX plus.jpg

1966 Topps- MICKEY MANTLE EXMT.jpg

1967 Topps- MICKEY MANTLE EXMT.jpg

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 03-12-2019, 07:02 PM
Andrew Hunt00n

Raymond, awesome Mantles you got there man. Nice.

The Great T206 Back Stamp Project: Click Here
My Online Trading Site: Click Here
Member of OBC (Old Baseball Cards), the longest running on-line collecting club www.oldbaseball.com
My Humble Blog: Click Here
Old 03-12-2019, 08:23 PM
Ke.ith Conr@d

Here is a new addition to my collection. Don’t normally do SGC but this one was a very nice example. Have had all PSA 8’s and having fun finding centered high end examples in the mid grade range.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 63127C21-E0F4-48A4-9AE2-4110D2CADE71.jpg (17.7 KB, 356 views)
File Type: jpg 388BC1D3-83E7-4D71-BB11-2ADCB343A163.jpg (10.3 KB, 357 views)
File Type: jpg 305E69A6-CDE3-40C8-B0FB-0715AD9A047B.jpg (10.8 KB, 358 views)
Old 03-12-2019, 08:50 PM
Lou Simcoe
L0u Sim.coe

Fantastic cards Keith. Well done.
Old 03-12-2019, 09:25 PM
Tim Odeen

Bought a Perez Steel autographed Mickey Mantle today from Phil Regli, on ebay, not authenticated. Ebay user wwwprpsportscom. My first Mantle autograph. I know that forgeries are rampant. I also know a lot of collectors on here don't care too much for authentication, so is Phil legit enough to take his word for it? I googled him, and since he wrote for Beckett I figured it was a credible seller. It came with a small certificate of authenticity, but I had never heard of the company it came from. Did PS autograph cards ever come pre-authenticated? Signed by Nicholas J Thuyer. Thanks for your opinions.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 03-12-2019, 11:01 PM
Matthew

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallCat View Post
Here is a new addition to my collection. Don’t normally do SGC but this one was a very nice example. Have had all PSA 8’s and having fun finding centered high end examples in the mid grade range.

That SGC 7.5 is super nice. Great pickup!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-13-2019, 10:35 PM

I collect 1950’s Mickey Mantle cards and the only one I was missing was the 1953 Bowman. Today, I finally got it (after selling a few cards). I couldn’t believe this PSA 1 was centered very well.

1954 Bowman Mickey Mantle (PSA 1)

My graded 1951-1953 Mantle cards together:

Old 03-16-2019, 07:23 PM
Shain

Latest pick up

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-18-2019, 12:01 AM

1969 Topps- MICKEY MANTLE EX-EXMT.jpg

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 03-18-2019, 07:07 AM
Dave_Berg

Nice one Ray- was it slabbed when you bought it?
Old 03-18-2019, 07:19 AM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteymet View Post
Hi Gang:

Not a Mick collector per se.

Saw this tray at the Philly show. Was told it is exceedingly rare. Especially autographed. Is that so?

Cool item none the less.

Fred
Hi Fred,

Sorry about the late reply, but I somehow didn't see this until now.

Here's what Kelly Eisenhauer had to say about the tray in his SCD article from around 10 years ago:

Carrying Tray – The plastic carrying trays that were used in the daily operations remain one of the most sought-after items from the restaurant. It features a nice black-and-white drawing of Mickey wearing his Yankees pinstriped uniform. It also has a facsimile autograph with the M.M. Country Cookin’ logo (Photo No. 118). These trays are so rare that, when available, they can command prices of more than $3,000.

I have been collecting Mantle items for probably a little over 5 years now and have seen two on ebay in that time. One in July 2017 and one in Dec. 2018. Neither autographed. Those are the only two I've seen until the one you pictured. The prices for the two trays were just under Kelly's estimated value for the first and around half his estimated value for the second. Do you remember what they were asking for the autographed tray?

Also, do you remember what they were asking for the Yoo-Hoo advertising item you have pictured?
Old 03-18-2019, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonepony View Post
Nice one Ray- was it slabbed when you bought it?

No sir- won it on the 'bay from Greg Morris...I wanted a nice raw one to go with the three I bought last week ('65,'66' & '67 - already had a '68)...and I wanted to continue to give Greg my business whenever possible after the 'solid' he did for a fellow Net54 member recently...you can find it a few pages back on the Pre-WWII section.

I'm guessing this one would grade about a '6 o/c ' and I hope the others will as well once I decide to get them graded. I actually passed on one that had better centering...hoping to get this one for less than the BIN of the other one...wouldn't you know it...I paid $9 more. That will remind me not to hesitate too long on a good Mantle.

Now that I double-check the 'sold' search, I see that PWCC, who I've begun to avoid because of suspicious bids, sold a '6' with no qualifiers for just a few dollars more than I paid for a clearly o/c raw.

Man, that's egg on my face, for sure...what a moron! I promise to do better.

Thanks,
Raymond

Last edited by clydepepper; 03-18-2019 at 01:28 PM.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:32 PM
Shain

Another day, another Mantle

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 03-23-2019, 08:04 PM

Nicely centered 53 bowman mantle psa 1.
Old 03-25-2019, 05:07 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=267053

Got this 1965 one on the Net54 auctions for $100. Looks VG+ to me. Off to PSA with it.

Last edited by swarmee; 03-25-2019 at 05:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2019, 05:26 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

1963 Post - [Base] #15 - Mickey Mantle [Poor]
Courtesy of COMC.com

Here's my latest pickup (only $33), and a good question. Why is the 1963 Post Mantle so much rarer than the 1963 Jell-O? This is the first Post that COMC has had in 10 years, compared to about 20 of the Jell-O in the same timeframe.
https://www.comc.com/Cards,sr,=1963+...mantle,ot,i100

Only 6 Posts on the PSA Auction Prices Realized, and even Auth ones have sold for $267 in the past.

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprice.../values/654430

Usually the Post cards are much more prevalent, for other players. Did Post just screw up and put The Mick on a low selling cereal or was he short-printed that year? Was there a hoarder at one time, who cleared the market in the 80s/90s?

Last edited by swarmee; 03-30-2019 at 05:27 AM.
Old 03-30-2019, 06:11 AM

1969 Topps 500- MICKEY MANTLE PSA-6.jpg

Old 04-04-2019, 01:20 PM
David (30%) Hall

Deleted

Last edited by mickey7mantle7; 04-25-2019 at 09:35 AM.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:41 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Those are some super high eye appeal cards. Really well registered with clean surfaces. Can't even figure out what made the top two 5s instead of 7s.
Old 04-04-2019, 03:57 PM
David (30%) Hall

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Those are some super high eye appeal cards. Really well registered with clean surfaces. Can't even figure out what made the top two 5s instead of 7s.

I agree Swarmee...i agree...
Old 04-05-2019, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post

1963 Post - [Base] #15 - Mickey Mantle [Poor]
Courtesy of COMC.com

Here's my latest pickup (only $33), and a good question. Why is the 1963 Post Mantle so much rarer than the 1963 Jell-O? This is the first Post that COMC has had in 10 years, compared to about 20 of the Jell-O in the same timeframe.
https://www.comc.com/Cards,sr,=1963+...mantle,ot,i100

Only 6 Posts on the PSA Auction Prices Realized, and even Auth ones have sold for $267 in the past.

https://www.psacard.com/auctionprice.../values/654430

Usually the Post cards are much more prevalent, for other players. Did Post just screw up and put The Mick on a low selling cereal or was he short-printed that year? Was there a hoarder at one time, who cleared the market in the 80s/90s?
Good afternoon, John. Congratulations upon your acquiring one of the tougher Mickey Mantles. I devoted chapter 15 of my book on immediate post-war regional / food issues to this very question. Both Mantle and Roger Maris are exceedingly difficult in the 1963 Post Cereal set, whereas their respective JELL-O cards are easy-weezy.

Would you care to purchase a copy of NEVER CHEAPER BY THE DOZEN to see what I had to say about it? Of course, it would cost you $30 postpaid, a mere three bucks less than you paid for your Mick. That would kinda sting. Being an honest man, I have to say your guess is correct---Mr. Mantle was printed on a very, very, very non-kid cereal.

Regardless of what you decide, nice pick-up.

For what it's worth, bro, when I attended the major shows I was privileged to attend from 1972 - 1977, I collected regional - food, Topps test issues, and other superstars. Mickey's beautiful 1962 Post Cereal was "all over the place"; however, his elegant 1963 Post I say a whopping one time! I failed to bag it then, as my funds were running low by the time I spotted it. I had to wait 25 long years 'til '98-'99 to win one in a Mastro Fine Sports Auction. It was a regal graded beauty, and worth the wait!

Hope I didn't bore you. Have a swell day and thanks for sharing with us.

---Brian Powell

P.S. --- John, I neglected to mention the title of that fifteenth chapter: Now You See Them, Now You Don't ---- 1963 Post Cereal Roger Maris and Mickey Mantle

Last edited by brian1961; 04-05-2019 at 11:01 PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 11:22 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

I figured you might know the answer. I do need to purchase your book. I'll send a PM.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:47 PM
Ben W.hitener

Love seeing all of the Mantle pickups on this thread!
Picked up the blue back 52-55 Dormand Mick Bat on shoulder postcard.
I knew SCD listed the blue & green variation of the 53 Dormand Mantle Bat on shoulder, but didn't realize the other differences until i had it in hand.

Blue compared to green back:
Front
-Zoomed out image
-Auto is larger
-The color is unique on the blue compared to the green and giants - hard to tell unless under magnification

Back
-Blue color and smaller & different type font than others
-Long dash after Mick's weight on blue not on others
-Number at center bottom is different (anyone know what those numbers meant?)

Picked up one of the HI coasters i didn't have to add to the others.

A nice 55 Exhibits PC back "Mutoscope" recently arrived from PSA And just got back a bunch of the new Jumbo slabs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (72.5 KB, 240 views)
File Type: jpg 2.JPG (64.6 KB, 242 views)
File Type: jpg 2a.jpg (72.9 KB, 241 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (68.5 KB, 239 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_8370.jpg (74.9 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (71.9 KB, 241 views)
Old 04-06-2019, 02:25 PM
Scott M.@.r.k.s.

So I started working on a Mickey Mantle "display piece" for my living room. (Hence the inclusion in this thread)

Here are a few recent snags.......

Nothing Earth-shattering, but I am mostly looking for decent eye-appeal cards in mid to low grades raw. I am saving my higher grade stuff for my PC to be tucked away. There won't be any "PSA 9s" in my display, but thats by design.

More to come shortly.

Successful deals with - "HCV123"/Howard Chasser, "ejstel" , "mzljapan" , "aronbenabe" , "Santo10Fan" , " Robextend", "rjackson44", "Wanaselja", "eliminator", "Dboneesq" , "Oneofthree67", "Lucas00", "ccre" , "D. Bergin" and several others.
Old 04-06-2019, 08:00 PM
Chris

Ben, great stuff. Congrats! Is there a variation with the Giant and mid size or just the regular size?
Old 04-06-2019, 08:57 PM
Ke.ith Conr@d

Been working for a while to try to find some centered Mantles from the 50’s and here is my collection to date. Hardest to find have been he 56 and 57, and the 58 is one of the best I have seen in any grade.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 12C4B8F5-678C-4AAF-96BF-B337227D5C69.jpg (11.6 KB, 210 views)
File Type: jpg 985D6219-8C71-4F20-9CAC-744ABE9D55B6.jpg (20.5 KB, 208 views)
Old 04-06-2019, 09:03 PM
Ke.ith Conr@d

57 Mantle
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 659C179E-A605-41ED-A60F-5BC600E3714A.jpg (10.3 KB, 205 views)
File Type: jpg 4763600C-9FDF-45EB-AB30-6BBCE54C49A1.jpg (10.8 KB, 206 views)
Old 04-06-2019, 09:58 PM
Dave_Berg

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendallCat View Post
57 Mantle
Fantastic cards Keith!
Old 04-07-2019, 02:18 PM
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswhiten View Post
Love seeing all of the Mantle pickups on this thread!
Picked up the blue back 52-55 Dormand Mick Bat on shoulder postcard.
I knew SCD listed the blue & green variation of the 53 Dormand Mantle Bat on shoulder, but didn't realize the other differences until i had it in hand.

Blue compared to green back:
Front
-Zoomed out image
-Auto is larger
-The color is unique on the blue compared to the green and giants - hard to tell unless under magnification

Back
-Blue color and smaller & different type font than others
-Long dash after Mick's weight on blue not on others
-Number at center bottom is different (anyone know what those numbers meant?)

Picked up one of the HI coasters i didn't have to add to the others.

A nice 55 Exhibits PC back "Mutoscope" recently arrived from PSA And just got back a bunch of the new Jumbo slabs.
Ben, as always, very interesting. Forced me to take a closer look at my small Dormund post cards. I have three of them.

The top one I got first. Then later on I picked up the second one in a group lot and noticed that the color was different from the first. I didn't bother looking any closer. The card on the bottom is the one I got last. I picked it up because of the writing on the back and post mark. I see now that I have three variations of the post card. In the top card, on the back bottom left is the same marking as on the larger post cards. It has a K in a diamond to the left of the publishing information. Same number in the center back as in the larger cards. The middle one does not have the K but has the same number in the back center. The bottom one does not have the K, has a different number, and as you noticed, is blue and not green. Based on the post mark date, it is probably earlier than the others.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Mantle Dormund post cards.jpg (78.0 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg Mantle Dormund post cards back.jpg (76.3 KB, 187 views)
Old 04-07-2019, 08:17 PM

1963 Topps 200- MICKEY MANTLE EXMT-NM.jpg

Old 04-08-2019, 07:45 AM
Ben W.hitener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
Ben, great stuff. Congrats! Is there a variation with the Giant and mid size or just the regular size?
The only difference in my largest ones is the photo is a bit (1/4") higher on one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.jpg (73.9 KB, 165 views)
Old 04-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Ben W.hitener

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Ben, as always, very interesting. Forced me to take a closer look at my small Dormund post cards. I have three of them.

The top one I got first. Then later on I picked up the second one in a group lot and noticed that the color was different from the first. I didn't bother looking any closer. The card on the bottom is the one I got last. I picked it up because of the writing on the back and post mark. I see now that I have three variations of the post card. In the top card, on the back bottom left is the same marking as on the larger post cards. It has a K in a diamond to the left of the publishing information. Same number in the center back as in the larger cards. The middle one does not have the K but has the same number in the back center. The bottom one does not have the K, has a different number, and as you noticed, is blue and not green. Based on the post mark date, it is probably earlier than the others.
Ha...I didn't see the K difference but luckily I have that one on my graded example! Nice catch.
The color photo of my "K" PC looks washed out compared to the other two.

BTW I love the written note on the PC! Awesome.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (78.6 KB, 166 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (70.9 KB, 164 views)
Old 04-08-2019, 10:23 AM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by bswhiten View Post
Ha...I didn't see the K difference but luckily I have that one on my graded example! Nice catch.
The color photo of my "K" PC looks washed out compared to the other two.

BTW I love the written note on the PC! Awesome.
Nice, my green one with a “K” looks washed out as well, so probably how it was produced. Fortunately, I’m a hoarder and had two of the three. Now to find the green without the K...
Old 04-08-2019, 03:18 PM

1964 Topps 50- MICKEY MANTLE NM oc.jpg

Tags
marked, mickey mantle topps