NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-20-2019, 07:24 AM
Rob

Default National Ebay Hall of Fame and Museum

Established in 2019 to honor those items so cherished by their sellers, that they've been displayed on eBay for eternity with exorbitant asking prices so as to never risk selling them.

I am pleased to announce the inaugural class of inductees. This brilliant duo has had an unprecedented 5 plus year run on eBay, becoming the first items to hit that milestone while emblazoned with a "Best Offer" option. This impressive run of availability has lead them to be known as "The Lou Gehrig of pennants" amongst old time pennant collectors.

image host

image host

Please join me in welcoming these two pennants (and their seller) as the inaugural class of inductees into the National eBay Hall of Fame and Museum on this 20th day of March in the year of our Lord, two thousand and nineteen.

Congratulations!

Last edited by Fballguy; 03-20-2019 at 07:25 AM.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:52 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

This following piece has been nominated by the Veterans' Committee...

Awesome Jacket, but has seemingly been a "Watch List item" for nearly a decade. I believe that anyone and everyone who's interested (and capable of paying the price) has seen it by now. If you really want to sell it, just consign the damn thing to Heritage or REA and let it realize its market value.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1905-06-Pit...frcectupt=true
Old 03-20-2019, 10:11 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post

Awesome Jacket, but has seemingly been a "Watch List item" for nearly a decade. I believe that anyone and everyone who's interested (and capable of paying the price) has seen it by now. If you really want to sell it, just consign the damn thing to Heritage or REA and let it realize its market value.

Veterans Committee...Love it. A very worthy nominee.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:24 PM
Mike Kendall

How about this candidate. Been for sale for many years at the same price by a seller with zero feedback.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F264246353855
Baseball's appeal isn't complicated or confusing. It's about the beauty of the game; it's about heroes and family and friends; it's about being part of something larger than yourself, about tradition---receiving it and passing it; and it's about holding on to a bit of your childhood.

Tom Stanton from The Road to Cooperstown
Old 03-20-2019, 03:32 PM

What about the 1866 troy haymakers set that's been on Ebay for as long as I can remember
Old 03-20-2019, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esd10 View Post
What about the 1866 troy haymakers set that's been on Ebay for as long as I can remember
You beat me to it. The Haymakers are currently available at a mere $129,000 for the set of six.

Rob M
Old 03-20-2019, 10:06 PM
Tim Odeen

Nominated: 1898 Harvard Baseball Championship Stein. Made of pewter. $6,750.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1898-H...cAAOSwv9FXgxae

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 03-20-2019, 10:29 PM
Garth Guibord

What’s even better about this thread is that all the eBay links will have their “views” increased and will likely make a seller or two think that the item might just sell soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2019, 05:28 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGuinness View Post
What’s even better about this thread is that all the eBay links will have their “views” increased and will likely make a seller or two think that the item might just sell soon...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We shouldn't encourage them.

I love when I make a totally fair offer on an item and the seller responds that the item is easily worth his asking price. If that were true it wouldn't be on Ebay, unsold for 5 years.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:40 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
We shouldn't encourage them.

I love when I make a totally fair offer on an item and the seller responds that the item is easily worth his asking price. If that were true it wouldn't be on Ebay, unsold for 5 years.
I've had that discussion with the seller of the two Colts pennants (about 3 years ago) and he subsequently blocked me. I chuckle every time I see those things still sitting there.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:02 AM
Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
Nominated: 1898 Harvard Baseball Championship Stein. Made of pewter. $6,750.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-1898-H...cAAOSwv9FXgxae

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Interesting...The seller of this item says he is the founder of Worthpoint. He should consider changing the name to Worthless point. That site has two fundamental flaws that harpoon the value of the site.

First, 99% of the results on Worthpoint are from Ebay. That in and off itself, isn't the problem. The problems are:

1) Ebay only sends him "some" of the pictures from each listing. Quite often you can't even see the item in it's entirety so it's impossible to draw any conclusions regarding the sale price. Many of his listings have only one photo and you'll never see more than three (even though many ebay listings include as many as 12).

2) The only sale prices displayed that you can have any confidence in are those in auction format and some times it's hard to tell if it was an auction. You have to look for odd selling prices like $97.43. For any item that was listed as a buy it now "or best offer", he shows you the listed price, not the accepted offer price. So you have no idea what the item really sold for. This renders a huge portion of his results suspect if not useless.

At best you can use the site to establish a fuzzy ball park of what is probably acceptable to pay or accept for an item. The site could be so much better if you saw actual results and from more than one source....and all the pictures.
Old 03-21-2019, 07:06 PM
Adam B

Quote:
Originally Posted by perezfan View Post

I met this seller about twenty years ago at a local card show when graded cards started to enter the scene. All his cards were high grade stuff. He had a 1948 Bowman George Mikan PSA 9 for $7500 that I drooled over and of course could not afford. I so wish I could have bought that card. It would be worth 10X that today. Who knows maybe someday his asking price will be a steal. I believe he is the type of guy who has money and can care a less if he sells certain items.