NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-15-2010, 03:04 PM
Chris

Default Ebay: Feed back

I recently sold a card on ebay and when the buyer recevied it he then changed his mind and decided that he did not want the card. He immediatly opened a dispute and sent me a message that he wanted a refund. I asked him what the problem was and he told me that the card "looks like junk". I said okay thinking that he is crazy because I put a scan of the card on the auction page but I did not want any bad feedback so I gave him his refund. He then gave me bad feedback and I have now lost my %100 with over 300+ stars 90% selling. Is it just me or does this seem really unfair?

Last edited by hunterdutchess; 05-15-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 05-15-2010, 03:31 PM
Johnny S

I would call ebay and talk to them, since you refunded him they need to remove the negative. If they don't tell them you are done with ebay and if that doesn't work keep trying until they do it. It's really sad what ebay has become.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:51 PM

Only the buyer can remove the feedback. You can fill out a form and the buyer has ten days to agree to reverse the feedback.

It has happened to me and I was downright PISSED and there was nothing I could do about it. I kept writing eBay e-mails and they kept giving me the same canned response that they cannot change the feedback, regardless.

This person who won it from you doesn't seem all that bright and you could do what one of my friends did and that's write an e-mail to them, threatening to sue for libel. It worked for him and that reversed the feedback.

Ebay doesn't care and this is reason number #786 why I hate eBay.

Good luck. I feel your pain.

DanC
Old 05-15-2010, 07:10 PM
T0dd M@rcum

You will sleep better if you just post a comment and forget about it. After 6 months, it sort of "goes away" anyway. I know it is aggrevating...I lost my perfect rating over a $2 item that I worked with the guy and he was pleased with the transaction AFTER he had left negative fb but he never could figure out how to remove it...posted a nice comment to that effect. I may well just be jaded, but i only look at fb if I am dropping pretty decent money on something.
Old 05-15-2010, 07:32 PM

I'm surprised the easy remedy here has not been suggested. Since you refunded the buyer, you nee to let eBay know through the automated channels that you and the buyer have agreed to cancel the transaction. You can't have negative feedback for a transaction that no longer exists. Simple and 100% assured. Just let eBay and paypal know right away!
Old 05-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Dan McCarthy

You should also cancel the transaction because otherwise you're charged final value fees....
Old 05-15-2010, 08:33 PM

Ooh, good point Dan! Ok, so assuming you processed the refund through paypal, on eBay start the transaction cancellation notification. When that is accepted the feedback will disappear and you can then request what is called a "final value fee credit". You also can probably relist and save your initial listing fees if it sells the second time.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:54 PM
Jim R

I only left a neg 1 time and that was for charging crazy shipping money. Should cancel the feedback if you cancel the transaction.

When buying I also stopped leaving feed back until it is left for me. I have left it too many times and receive nothing in return. When I buy I pay right away and have done all I can do-If I receive feedback I do the same and if I don't, I do the same.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:15 PM
Jim VB

Canceling the transaction requires the consent of both parties. He may not agree to it.
Old 05-15-2010, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
Canceling the transaction requires the consent of both parties. He may not agree to it.
Actually, not exactly true. If he requested a refund and was given one through Paypal (an eBay subsidiary) then whether he agrees to it or not, eBay will cancel the transaction. Sending a "buyer and seller agree to cancel the transaction" notice is merely a formality in what eBay sees as already a canceled transaction. If the buyer doesn't respond, then eBay may even refund the listing fees as well....

I sold a PSA graded 1956 Topps Willie Mays, buyer got the card and said he didn't agree with the grade. I said something smartass in return like "what does that have to do with me?" and he negged me. He asked for a refund, eBay required him to give tracking info in sending it back to me, and upon receipt he was refunded. Transaction was canceled out and my feedback is back to perfect.