NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 06-20-2018, 06:57 PM
Jeff P0tter

Default Mystery Autographs - Help Needed for 15

Hello All,
While spring cleaning autographs, I've bumped back into my unknown pile. I like to go through these once or twice a year and see if I can't get a few figured out, and hoped to get some help from the autograph eyes here. There are fifteen autographs in the scans below, most of them are going to be entertainment related though a couple of the 3 x 5 index could be sports. The very first one, the blue album page, has really been nagging at me for a couple years now. It came out of an autograph album that was mostly from 1944, and a vast majority of the names in the album were very famous, though there were a few minor stars I was able to ID over 250 of the other ones. This one has left me perplexed. The small bookplate in the last scan I've had for over five years and still can't (and may never) be able to ID it unless someone recognizes it. Any and all help is appreciated, even if you don't recognize a signature if you think you can make out some of it, I'll take any hints as it may help lead me to the right answer, and may you'll see a different letter formation than I keep seeing. Thanks for taking the time to look, I'll update the post if any are identified.

UPDATE: One identified so far
Willie Nelson (third scan, bottom right)
Debra Winger (third scan, top right)
Annabeth Gish (second scan, bottom left)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (84.6 KB, 313 views)
File Type: jpg 010.jpg (71.5 KB, 311 views)
File Type: jpg 011.jpg (72.7 KB, 313 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (77.9 KB, 311 views)
File Type: jpg 013.jpg (71.2 KB, 309 views)
ebay: AuthenticTradingPost

http://www.ebay.com/str/jeffpotterautographs

Last edited by ATP; 06-28-2018 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:28 PM
Curt

I have started to think about this type of thing more and more as I slowly get closer and closer to complete organization. I mostly sort things out play name, but even so, sometimes a signature looks nothing like who you might think it is. I know who they are, but once I am no longer in the picture, then what? I started marking the more difficult to read signatures with IDs so that if anyone (my family for example) needed to get rid of them, they would have help in the ID process. I remember doing this as a kid when I would get signatures at games during batting practice, when I knew very little, and more recently I also made sure I noted who signed what when I would attend a minor league game, although it seems most players are signing with their number now. Otherwise, most are just unrecognizable scribbles.

It is sad that so many autographs have been eagerly and faithfully obtained over the years, only to sit unidentified later on as they change hands.

PS- I looked over the scans and am afraid I have to admit I am worthless on your unknowns, sorry.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:42 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

For that first auto on the blue page... maybe this link can help...'

https://archive.org/stream/whoswhoat...ge/n1/mode/2up

Its a 1944 Who's Who at MGM. Might be able to match some initials to a name and then see about googling an auto for them...just a thought...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:44 PM

3rd pic down bottom right corner, could maybe be Willie Nelson?
Old 06-20-2018, 07:50 PM
Jeff P0tter

Quote:
Originally Posted by baylife View Post
3rd pic down bottom right corner, could maybe be Willie Nelson?
Bingo! Looks like you are right on Willie, thank you for taking the time to look at these and ID that one.

Old 06-20-2018, 07:53 PM
Jeff P0tter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalupacollects View Post
For that first auto on the blue page... maybe this link can help...'

https://archive.org/stream/whoswhoat...ge/n1/mode/2up

Its a 1944 Who's Who at MGM. Might be able to match some initials to a name and then see about googling an auto for them...just a thought...
Thanks for the pointer, I will thumb through it and see if anything jogs an idea.

Old 06-21-2018, 01:33 PM
Jeff P0tter

Hey, I figured one out, it finally just clicked what it looked like. It only took me five years to get this one . Third scan, top right is Debra Winger.

Old 06-27-2018, 03:55 PM
Sam Lemoine

Not 100%, but the 5th one looks a lot like Annabeth Gish.
Old 06-28-2018, 12:03 PM
Jeff P0tter

I think you are definitely right on that one, looks like a match. Thanks for taking the time to ID that one for Annabeth Gish.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:39 PM
Jeff P0tter

I am having a lucky day identifying some other autographs I have had for some time and couldn't figure out, so thought I would give a quick six month bump on this one and see if any fresh eyes might recognize a couple. Some of these I have had for five years now sitting in my unknown box, like the signed bookplate Any help is much appreciated.

Old 02-20-2019, 12:59 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

The one next to the bookplate looks like W--- Graves. I also thought the last name could also be Travers on that one.

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 02-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Jeff P0tter

I also thought it looks likes Graves or Grover or Grover or similar. If it helps any I am almost certain this is a baseball one, and if my memory serves me there were quite a few Negro League autographs along with it. There may have also been some sports doctors,trainers, etc for Major League teams.

Old 02-20-2019, 01:11 PM
Robert J. Miller

Just a complete guess her but the upper right 1st block of 4 index cards could be Ken Singleton?
Best of Luck,
Robert
Old 02-20-2019, 07:46 PM

MTV VJ

Kurt Yoder
Old 02-20-2019, 11:15 PM
J Stone

...uh, that was Loder and I don't think it's a match...