NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-20-2005, 06:02 PM
Administrator

Default SGC Price Guide

Posted By: Anson

I believe this was mentioned quite a while ago. But, I would have thought that SGC could get closer to the truth on the caramel craze. I got a kick out of their price guides for E93s and E95s.

Old 09-20-2005, 09:49 PM
Administrator

Default SGC Price Guide

Posted By: FYS

I wish they would delete the whole thing or put some time and effort into updating frequently and charging people for the service. It could become a good revenue stream as a price guide that is actually accurate, as one does not currently exist.

Old 09-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Default SGC Price Guide

Posted By: leon

Just got mine today. A cursory view shows great improvement on pricing. Finally got the E94 overprints about where they really are. Still some things a little low, here and there, but much improved. It's the best we have AND I am not sure exactly how accurate a voluminous, nationally distributed, paper guide can really be? As for SGC, yes, an online guide that really works, and is current, could be something.....regards

Old 09-20-2005, 10:18 PM
Administrator

Default SGC Price Guide

Posted By: cmoking

Is there any interest on price guides from members of this board? I know I'd be interested in seeing some price guides from market experts in their specific sets...anyone?

Old 09-20-2005, 10:33 PM
Administrator

Default SGC Price Guide

Posted By: Anson

Most of the things that trade on this board are a bit hard to guage. After all, to get an idea of a value, there has to be a traded amount to work from. Even though these transactions are few and far between, it seems as if SCD is the only one who gets in the realm of realistic.

I've always thought that the members on this board could put together an impressive publication.

Leon, you must have quite some pull. I'm being told that the SCD book won't be available for another 2 weeks.

Old 09-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Price Guide

Posted By: Scott Elkins

Old 09-21-2005, 01:49 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Price Guide

Posted By: Julie Vognar

(any time in the last 5 years or so, by the way)--which is not to sday leon hasn't been contributing all along...

Old 09-21-2005, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Default SGC Price Guide

Posted By: leon

C'mon Scotty....you've been talking to BCD too much. I ain't no dealer...I just buy some cards and resell them to support my addiction. As for the SCD I have been a contributor and did get an advance copy. Thanks to Mr. Lemke for that. I would imagine if anyone supplies a lot of scans that get used in the Big Book, and helps in other ways when asked, they would be a contributor too. When I read the acknowlegements page I see quite a few board members there. It's a testament to this board, in that we love the hobby, and want to help when asked, imo. In looking more at the book there are a few noticable issues but maybe that can be for another thread. I still think an online SGC price guide could be good.....regards