NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-28-2018, 07:09 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

It would probably be best to expand the question to Rowe vs. Elder vs. Brace vs. Paulson, as all produced RPPC's with similar characteristics.

To answer your specific question though, the Jim Elder RPPC's have a stamped number from 1 to 1400 on the back (printed postcard) side of the postcard with no player identification (at least, not applied by Elder himself, though later collectors may have added their own). They had a white border with a wider margin at the bottom.

Jim Rowe's postcards have a hand-penned block letter identification of the player on the back. They are typically full-bleed (borderless) though some do have an even white border all around. The front border or lack thereof is not the most distinguishing factor though.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 10-28-2018 at 07:47 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:44 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
It would probably be best to expand the question to Rowe vs. Elder vs. Brace vs. Paulson, as all produced RPPC's with similar characteristics.

To answer your specific question though, the Jim Elder RPPC's have a stamped number from 1 to 1400 on the back (printed postcard) side of the postcard with no player identification (at least, not applied by Elder himself, though later collectors may have added their own). Jim Rowe's postcards have a hand-penned block letter identification of the player on the back.
Thanks, I just found the data on the Jim Elder postcards having stamped #'s on the back. The question could be expanded but I am not sure anyone would know the complete answer as people like J.D. McCarthy would also have to be added. In addition, since Jim Rowe bought some of George Brace's negatives, how does one differentiate? I think just a whole kettle of fish.

If Jim Rowe's p/c had a hand penned block letter of the name on the back I guess I will have to re-look at what I thought were Jim Rowe and put them back in my Postcard listing. Thanks. I am learning a lot and finding out I don't know hardly anything. Appreciate your response.
Old 10-28-2018, 07:58 AM
L@nce Fit.tro

McCarthy PC's that I have seen typically have printed text identifying him as the photographer and are not on the standard Kodak RPPC stock used by the others.

I'll try to get you a more detailed response later with sample images, but will be away from my computer for a while. Posting from my phone is hard enough, but impossible for me to add images.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 10-28-2018 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-28-2018, 08:08 AM
Jim Boushley
Jim Bou.shley

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
McCarthy PC's that I have seen typically have printed text identifying him as the photographer and are not on the standard Kodak RPPC stock used by the others.

I'll try to get you a more detailed response later with sample images, but will be away from my computer for a while. Posting from my phone is hard enough, but impossible for me to add images.
Rog that and agree with McCarthy PC's which is how I id'ed them. Appreciate all your help.