NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-10-2004, 11:07 PM
Administrator

Default Launch of a New Hobby Publication

Posted By: Lyman Hardeman

Greetings to all,

As those who have visited the Old Cardboard website (http://www.oldcardboard.com) this past week already know, Brett and I have launched Old Cardboard Magazine, a quarterly hard-copy companion to the website. We are of course very excited about this and hope that you will be also.

The magazine features the same pre-1950 card sets found on the website--but in much greater detail. All articles will be presented in full color. While this is a very expensive process (about 2-1/2 to 3 times that of the same publication printed in black and white), we believe that this format will bring out the unparalleled beauty of the vintage card sets (even those that were originally printed in sepia or duotone) and will therefore justify the added costs of production. We are also very gratified that a number of leading advertisers (many already running banner ads on the Old Cardboard website) have pledged their support by placing ads in the magazine.

The inaugural issue of Old Cardboard Magazine is scheduled for delivery the first week in October, with subsequent issues mailed the first of each calendar quarter.

All aspects of Old Cardboard are directly relevant to readers of this forum--and we need your support. Aware of the combined expertise of members of this board, we invite each of you to consider submitting well-researched articles in your respective areas of interest. We also encourage you to subscribe early and to email your vintage collector friends and ask them to consider doing the same. Given the high cost of production, we have reduced the subscription rates to the lowest possible level, anticipating strong support from our fellow collectors. We truly don’t think that you will be disappointed.

Additional details about the magazine and how to become a charter subscriber are found on the Old Cardboard website at http://www.oldcardboard.com/subscriptions.asp. We also invite you to come by our booth (#2048) at the “National” in Cleveland to talk vintage baseball cards and get better acquainted. We will of course be signing up charter subscribers at that time.

We again thank all of you for your tremendous support and encouragement during the launching of the Old Cardboard website and now its hard-copy companion--Old Cardboard Magazine.

Lyman and Brett Hardeman

Old 07-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Thanks for doing it Lyman and Co. .... The hobbyists that are starved for another good periodical will now have a fix I know of some of the effort that you and Brett have put into it and I am sure it will be a fine piece of work....Also looking forward to finally meeting ya'll at the National.....best regards

Old 07-13-2004, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert

Excellent work,  I just signed up for mine. Rob {Bigb13}

Old 07-13-2004, 09:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

not to review each issue, and just chime in somewhere down the thread. It sounds great...and all in color!

Old 07-13-2004, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: grilloj39

I too, have purchased an annual subscription and I look forward to receiving my first copy.

Old 07-13-2004, 11:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

and if it's anything as good as the two posters that the guys did, it'll be top notch.

Old 07-15-2004, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dan

I ordered at midnight last night and as of today at 2:21 pm, it still hasn't arrived. What gives?

Old 07-15-2004, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Lyman

...Your mail for today obviously hasn't yet been delivered.

I look forward to seeing you at National. Don't forget the Colgan's variations; I will bring the Leaf premium. --Lyman