NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 06-26-2013, 02:06 PM
Kevin R

Default Need opinions on bob Feller EARLY Sig on Harridge ball & Ted Williams Photo

Was supposedly signed during his early playing years. I don't like it but am only really familiar with his later signature that everyone knows.

Here is the Ted Williams just got quick opinion back wanna see what you think (not the real asking price I use this so noone bidswhile I verify a sig)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/380667138807...84.m1555.l2649
Old 06-26-2013, 03:03 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I have no idea why any one would want to forge his signiture but here is a picture of one of his early ones.bf.jpg
Old 06-26-2013, 03:06 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

I like the Williams.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:11 PM
Jim M.arinari

I think your instincts are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
I have no idea why any one would want to forge his signiture but here is a picture of one of his early ones.
You beat me to it. I'd have to imagine that it was a non-malicious gift to get in the good graces of one Miss Eleanor.

Last edited by Deertick; 06-26-2013 at 03:16 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 03:29 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Here is mine from during the war. I don't think it's too far off; it's a little "rounded" to me, but I'd think you have to consider scrunching the sig onto the lobe of a ball vs. a wide open book page.

Ken
Attached Images
File Type: jpg feller.jpg (28.0 KB, 87 views)
Old 06-26-2013, 03:43 PM
Kevin R

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Here is mine from during the war. I don't think it's too far off; it's a little "rounded" to me, but I'd think you have to consider scrunching the sig onto the lobe of a ball vs. a wide open book page.

Ken
Hmmmm... They are not an exact match but this is the only Feller I seen that is similar.. Very cool ball btw
Old 06-26-2013, 07:41 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post

Ken
I agree, it's definitely a little rounded. The r seems a little odd as well. (For some reason, I think I've seen one like this before, but can't seem to recall where or when) I can also agree with giving consideration to the scrunching.. Looking past the sig itself and focusing a bit on the inscriptions. The "Best Wishes" and "Sincerely" actually look pretty good, when compared to other times he's used them.

If this were one of those "non-malicious gift" type deals, I can't imagine that the inscription would be anywhere close..

Also, if this were a fake, I can't imagine someone spending more time on getting the inscriptions right, than they did on the signature itself..

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say it's real...I wouldn't quote me on that, but it's just a hunch..

Last edited by novakjr; 06-26-2013 at 07:47 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 08:05 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Who cares yes or no it is worth nothing but the value of the ball.
Why dont any of you answer the big question is the Williams good or not. I want to know if Psa thinks the same as I do or you.

Last edited by shelly; 06-26-2013 at 08:07 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:10 PM
Kevin R

Quick opinion likes the Williams 8 x 10. I just got the results back a litle while ago.