NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-02-2011, 11:47 AM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

1. Name - Steve Dawson.

2. Age - 48.

3. Job - U.S. Air Force.

4. Location - San Antonio TX.

5. Collecting interest - T206 and pre-WWII Hall of Famers. I also collect items from San Diego CA sports teams, and Hank Aaron, Ted Williams and Nolan Ryan.

6. Family - Single.

7. How long in hobby - I've been collecting steadily since I was a kid in the early 1970s.

8. Other interests - Astronaut autographs.

9. Do you attend shows? I try to get to the Tri-Star shows in Houston TX, but that's it.

Last edited by Steve D; 01-02-2011 at 11:52 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:17 PM
Erich W

Default It's me...

1. Name- Erich Wolters

2. Age- 29

3. Day job - IT new business sales

4. Location- boston, MA ( moving to DC in February!)

5. Collecting interest- e95/96/103, type 1 photos, baseball literature, n172/162, t212/227

6. Family- wifenof two years

7. How long in hobby- since 1992 / vintage since 2006

8. Other interests- Abe Lincoln, reading, politics, eating, family, golf, traveling, meeting and working with people from the hobby

9. Do you attend shows? Shriners show, will attend DC shows once I get there next month!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Val Kehl

Eric - FYI, you will be just in time for the next Chantilly, VA show - March 18th-20th. The show location is close to the intersection of Routes 28 & 50 in the western end of Fairfax County. Hope to see you there.
Val
Old 01-03-2011, 12:14 AM

1. Name- Jim

2. Age- 31

3. Day job - audit manager (no, NOT IRS)

4. Location- Pasadena, CA ( just moved from SF a 3 months ago)

5. Collecting interest- Modern - all kinds; Vintage - Joined the forum to get started with T206 - probably a team set.

6. Family- single, no kids

7. How long in hobby- one and off since I was a kid - 1987

8. Other interests- college football, movies, enjoying life

9. Do you attend shows? in SF I occasionally went to mall shows. I've checked out Frank&Sons in SoCal a couple times.
Old 01-03-2011, 08:14 AM
John Harrell

Default Meet and Greet

Name: John Harrell

Job: psychology professor, Troy University

Collecting interests: 1930's sets, t205's, 48-80 Bowman/Topps set run, 19th century hand-made bats

Family: married, two daughters

How long in hobby: 20 years

Other interests: renaissance music, western campaigns of civil war, cooking

Attend shows: No. none in my area
Old 01-05-2011, 08:17 AM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

1. Name- Jeff G.

2. Age- 48

3. Day job- Owner and Manager of Apartment Communities in the Northeast.

4. Location- Orange County NY (60 miles North of Manhattan) near West Point.

5. Collecting interest- All vintage sports publications and ephemera except for cards. I know, what am I doing on Net54? I have recently begun shifting my interests from publications to pre 1975 wire photos (preferably with paper captions). The teams I am primarily interested in are the Brooklyn Dodgers, NY Mets, NY Giants football and Army football.

6. Family- Awesome wife and 16 & 19 yr old daughters. The 19 year old is following in her Mom's footsteps and is in her second semester in Pharmacy College.

7. How long in hobby- 25 yrs or more.

8. Other interests- Volunteer Firefighter, Golf, Fantasy Baseball, Grateful Dead (Furthur, DSO and other post Jerry's death bands)

9. Do you attend shows? Mostly large ephemera shows, Brimfield, antique shows and flea markets. Once in a while I might go to Westchester.

Last edited by ibuysportsephemera; 03-06-2012 at 08:25 PM. Reason: 1+ year later update
Old 01-08-2011, 08:53 PM

1. Name- Martin Dalziel

2. Age- 51

3. Day job- GM for a Retail Point Of Sale and Management Systems company serving the restaurant, cinema, convenience and general retail industries.

4. Location- Metro Atlanta, GA

5. Collecting interest- All across the board, though pretty inactive now - T3 on the card side and bats on the memorabilia side were always a focus. I still have a soft spot for mini bats.

6. Family- Donna, my wife of 27 years and our two boys, Raymond and Jamie (dec 'd.)

7. How long in hobby? 25 years

8. Other interests - collector of all manner of things; too many things really but anything different, cool and evocative of an era is fair game. Uncommon vinyl 45's in particular, vinyl records in general (soul, garage, psych, rockabilly, country gospel, reggae/rocksteady, folk, ssw, etc.), Southern Pottery, Folk Art, NM religious art. Folk Art is a shared love for Donna and me so we do a lot of auctions, estate sales, garage and fleas, etc. together.

9. Do you attend shows? I don't. Atlanta is somewhat a wasteland for shows, though there is actually one tomorrow. I won't be there as I'm off to an estate auction .
Old 01-09-2011, 11:31 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

1. Name-David Novakovich Jr.

2. Age-31

3. Day job-Union Ironworker

4. Location-Painesville, Oh(about 20 miles east of Cleveland)

5. Collecting interests-pre-war(mostly HOF and Cleveland players), also modern HOF rookies and potentially HOF rookies(the 'roiders are making this tough), topps complete sets(standard and traded only), autos, 1938 Churchman Boxing and 1956 Topps football.

6. Family- Wife that I've been with for almost 10 years, 6 and 7 year old sons, 2 year old daughter, 8 yr old American Bulldog, and the kids' a**hole puppy..

7. How long in hobby-Originally from '86-94. Started back up around 6 years ago..

8. Other interests/hobbies-Music(I used to have a band, but just don't have the time anymore), backyard wrestling(yes, I'm one of those idiots, and my old HS and college coaches would probably be ashamed of me now because of this). Sci-fi and horror movies/tv shows.. Cigarettes, coffee, and the family.

9. Do you attend shows? Not very often...There's one big vintage show in Strongsville that I like to get to every year, and will occasionally stumble into one of those crappy mall shows by accident. Wow, are those things just a complete and total embarrassment to the hobby nowadays...

***I'm gonna add this one***
10. Favorite item in collection- April 7, 1869 Chicago Tribune, with a nice long article and team breakdowns of the upcoming 1869 NABBP season's professional teams. Basically 1869 was the first year that the NABBP added the professional division, which is often considered the first professional sports league. I would however like to find the April 3, 1869 New York Tribune with the first printing of the article as well.
Old 01-09-2011, 11:40 AM
Chris Buckler

1. Name- Chris Buckler

2. Age- 30

3. Day job - Print Shop Manager, Photographer, Card Dealer

4. Location- Louisville, KY

5. Collecting interest- Interesting Postcards, Dietsche Cobb, R312, Louisville Players, Tobacco Advertising and Tins

6. Family- Wife and dog

7. How long in hobby- Since I was a kid

8. Other interests- A little bit of everything

9. Do you attend shows? Yes as a dealer. The National, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Philly, Cincy, Nashville, and the occasional local show.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:41 PM
Dave M

1. Name- Dave

2. Age- 23

3. Day job - Teacher

4. Location- Philly Suburbs

5. Collecting interest- Grew up collecting 80's and 90's, but I'm getting hooked on prewar

6. Family- G/F

7. How long in hobby- Since 93 (on and off)

8. Other interests- Video games, movies, sports

9. Do you attend shows? Occasionally, but only around my area

Thanks for the welcome to the board! Looking forward to discussing collecting with you all
Old 01-09-2011, 04:09 PM
Pete Costanzo

Name-Pete Costanzo

Age-39

Day Job-Fin Advisor

Location-Lancaster PA

Collecting Interests-Had been all modern sports, now almost exclusively prewar

Family-Wife of 3 years and 20 mos. old boy

How long in the hobby-Since I was a kid

Other Interests-I play some bad golf but enjoy it, big Springsteen fan(have to be since I grew up in N. Jersey), and get roped into attending craft shows with my wife living in Amish Country. Guess we all have to pay the bills sometimes.

Do you attend shows? Always the Philly Show, and plan on the National in the next year or two.

Favorite item in collection-E103 Wags recently purchased from Leon. Leon if you read this, thanks again for helping out my collection and for answering all of my questions and your input!
Old 01-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Bruce Esser

Name: Bruce Esser

Day Job: Physics Teacher

Collecting interests: Nebraska Minor League Baseball
My Nebraska Minor League Website: http://www.nebaseballhistory.com/

Family: Wife of 35 years, 2 daughters one is an architect the other owns a photography studio.

How Long in Hobby: Just recently became serious. Have collected sporadically since the 60's.

Other Interests: I coach a high school girls trapshooting team
http://www.omahamarian.org/trap

Shows: Hope to make my first major show this year.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:50 PM
Nick

Name: nick friedrich

Day Job: compliance analyst / bartender

Collecting interests: 56 topps in psa (7), 71 topps in (8), 84-91s mets teams, 01 SP g/u fabrics, 00 ud legendary signatures, 92 donruss elite & DK in (10) NOLAN RYAN, mickey mantle, MMA/UFC cards of Brock Lesnar, significant game tickets, and any autographed items that strike me

Family: nope

How Long in Hobby: since i was little

Other Interests: riding motorcycles/atvs/dirtbikes (have an 07 ninja zx6-r, 98 banshee & 01 yz 125)

Shows: not really - hit the philly show once like 7 years ago but not much since
Old 01-12-2011, 08:43 AM

Default Alright, I'll play...

1. Name- Mark Anderson

2. Age- 38 and sliding downhill fast

3. Day job- Director of Beckett Grading Services (insert "boos" here)

4. Location- Texas (10 minutes from Leon)

5. Collecting interest- beat up/affordable pre-1950 Lou Gehrig and Babe Ruth items (anything at all), autographs (entertainment, political, cartooning, sports, etc.), sketch cards, pre-war sports games

6. Family- 1 gorgeous southern belle wife, 1 zoo (2 rescue dogs, 5 rescue cats)

7. How long in hobby- 23 years

8. Other interests- Bible Study, family, collecting comics/coins/animation art/toys/everything else, music, guns, travel, board/card game fanatic, now taking up art as an alternative to spending money on hobbies!

9. Do you attend shows? Way too many! Prior to illness, about 12-15/year, now about 5-6/year, including every National but 1 since 1997.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:37 AM
Dan Paradis

1. Name- Dan Paradis

2. Age- 52

3. Day job- Partner: Hawk's Landing Country Club
Computer Software Consulting

4. Location- Southington, CT

5. Collecting interest- MLB HOF RC's (or earliest affordable option); although the recent "Set Recommendations" post may have inspired me to go after a set I can actually complete!
-- Carl Yastrzemski Cards and Memorabilia
-- NFL HOF QB's autographs on mini-helmets
-- NFL RC's
www.danparadis.com

6. Family- Wife (31 years), daughter (27 today!) and son 24

7. How long in hobby- 8 yrs

8. Other interests- Electronic gadgets, computers, home theater's

9. Do you attend shows? Occasionally
Old 01-12-2011, 10:47 AM
Doug C.

1. Name- Doug

2. Age- 29

3. Day job- Landscaping

4. Location- Cincinnati area

5. Collecting interest- Currently inactive. Previously 1952-69 Topps, mainly Mickey Mantle cards

6. Family- Single, no kids.

7. How long in hobby- 13 years, around since the original Full Count board.

8. Other interests- Whatever catches my attention.

9. Do you attend shows? Nope.

Last edited by Doug; 01-27-2011 at 07:21 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 05:09 PM
M@tt McC@rthy

1. Name - Matt

2. Age - 38

3. Day job - Account Management

4. Location - Connecticut

5. Collecting interest - I'm trying to focus more on older stuff as indicated in my signature below...and I have a pretty neat side project collecting everything related to a journeyman ball player named Josh Phelps.

6. Family - Married to a very patient woman (Sarah) w/ three beautiful little girls (twins Lily & Emma, 9, and Sophie, 6).

7. How long in hobby - Since 1978...I remember gettin packs of cards every Sunday morning from my mom as a payoff for going to church.

8. Other interests - playing hoop/softball, coaching the kids, music.

9. Do you attend shows? Usually hit Westchester. Hope to get to the National when it comes back to Baltimore.
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 01-13-2011, 07:09 AM
PeterB

1. Name- PeterB Just joined this forum (1st post)

2. Age- 48

3. Day job- Software Technical Support Team Leader

4. Location- Cape Cod Massachusetts

5. Collecting interest- T-cards, N-cards, topps 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1974

6. Family- Wife, 2 dogs, cats

7. How long in hobby- 7 years old till 18 years old; 25 years old and continuing

8. Other interests- photography, boating

9. Do you attend shows? Now just 2 per year. The Boston Sports Collectors Club Show & the Cranston Sports Collectors Club Show
Old 01-14-2011, 09:49 AM
Scott H.

Scott Heibler

My card collection is made up of Milwaukee Braves cards, currently working on finishing PSA 5+ set of '53, 57 and 58 Topps. I also collect Milwaukee Braves memorabilia.

Family: Just me and the Mrs.

Started in the hobby when I was 33. My grandpa passed away and left me a 1953 complete set of Braves Spic n' Span cards. Since then, I have been plugging away on other Braves sets.

Other hobbies: hunting; deer and water fowl. Fishing; flyfishing for trout, salmon and musky. Fly tying
Old 01-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Jay D

1. Name- Jay Strasz

2. Age- 35

3. Day job- 911 Communications Supervisor

4. Location- Detroit, Michigan

5. Collecting interest- Hank Greenberg cards. He left Detroit on the same train with my Grandpa when he joined the Army for WWII. Ive always felt some sort of connection with him since my Grandpa died when i was young. Im also trying to complete a full set of Topps Mickey Mantle cards. I cant afford the nicer ones, but "collector grade" and well loved are fine with me!

6. Family- fiancee and 2 labs who are like my sons, 12 and 5.

7. How long in hobby- buying baseball cards since i was 10. I have been goign to shows since I was about 12 or so. I never got caught up in new cards and have always passed right by those tables! I love the old stuff.

8. Other interests- some game worn hockey jerseys and hockey memorbilia. Believe it or not, i have an extremely large collection of hockey fight videos that i have amassed over the years.

9. Do you attend shows - I used to every weekend. That ended when i hit my early 20's. I still try to hit the monthly how at Gibralter Trade Center in Mt Clemens, Michigan. The show doesnt measure up to its old days, but i still enjoy it.

10 - Recent pickups - 1948 Bowman Bob Feller, 1958, 1964, 1965, 1966 Mickey Mantles (Topps) National Chicle Hank Greenberg, "Heads Up" Hank Greenberg, 1959 Topps Hank Aaron, Willie Mays. Probably a few more, but thats the haul from the last 6 months or so. I just found an old tobacco card i picked up when i was a kid and forgot about, 1911 T205 Ed Killian, so that was pretty cool to realize i had a 100 year old card!

A few of my cards:

Last edited by DetroitJay; 01-27-2011 at 05:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2011, 06:43 PM

Name: Bill Brodhead

Day Job: High School / Substitute Teacher

Location: Garfield, N.J. Home of Miles Austion & Louie Castillo

Dealer Interests: Early tobacco & caramel cards

Family: Single & happy

Years in the hobby: Over 40 years

Other interests: Silver & U.S. Gold coins

Shows: Did the Garfield card show for 20 years & now setting up in Toms River, N.J.. I have been an e-bay power seller since 1998.

The picture below is the great football wide receiver Freddy B. & me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg freddy.jpg (75.9 KB, 951 views)
Old 01-27-2011, 06:59 PM
Glyn Parson

Default About Me

1. Name- Glyn Parson

2. Age- 38

3. Day job- Now Owner Spring training Sportscards ( Starting In June/July President All County Employment Services)

4. Location- Blandon PA

5. Collecting interest- T5's and Pittsburgh Pirates

6. Family- wife and 4 year old daughter

7. How long in hobby- 31 years

8. Other interests- Classic Rock n Roll, Traveling to visit friends around USA

9. Do you attend shows? Yes mostly in Philly area and National but i travel occasionally for a show.
Old 01-27-2011, 10:19 PM
Jimi

1. Name- Jimi Thayer

2. Age- 32

3. Day job- 3rd grade teacher, high school percussion instructor

4. Location- Howard, OH -- about an hour from Columbus

5. Collecting interest- 1957 Topps high grade set, Lections, T205s, HOF RCs, and a few other random things

6. Family- wife and two daughters that are 6 and 3

7. How long in hobby- 25 years, but about 8 years in prewar cards

8. Other interests- I write music for a local high school percussion ensemble that performs a rock show (lights, smoke machines, etc....love it!)

9. Do you attend shows? In the last 10 years I've been to only 3 shows which includes the 2005 and 2007 Nationals
Old 01-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Barry Arnold

Default jimi

always glad to see you back around, ole buddy.
remember the old epdg days!

best,
barry
Old 01-29-2011, 08:08 AM
Bill Hedin

Default great idea, Leon!

1. Name: Bill Hedin

2. Age: 49 (50 in July!)

3. Day Job: Retired in 2008 from promoting shows (1977-2008), owned stores in the 80's.

4. Location: Framingham, Massachusetts

5. Collecting Interests: Ted Wiliams, vintage Boston cards, 61 Fleer & 67 Topps, many other cards as well.

6. Family: Wife Becky, 2 daughters, 2 grand-children

7. How Long in Hobby: Since 1973 via SCD/Trader Speaks, I ran thousands of shows in my life and attended others in 23 States. I owned 2 stores and ran a third as a co-operative. These days, I'm happy to be a collector.

8. Other Interests: Pain management with opiates and researching blood diseases. I love Net54, youtube and Facebook!

9. Do you Attend Shows: Not since my last one in 2008. During my 30+ years running shows and being in the hobby, I've met the most wonderful people in the world and I always talk about that. However, I have also met the darkest elements of the hobby. Shows today are a shell of their former selves. The future is "virtual shows", such as this site!

10. My favorite people: The finest people I've had the pleasure of knowing are the members of Net 54! Good luck and God Bless you all..........
Old 01-29-2011, 10:15 AM
Ben H*ds@n

Default Hello. I am new here

Name- Ben Hudson

Age- 45

Day job- Loan Officer

Location- Peoria,IL

Collecting interest-Pre World War II cards especially Goudey, T205, T206, and Playball

How long in hobby? off and on for 38 years going back to when I was a kid

Other interests- Travel

Do you attend shows? I used to attend a lot of shows from the mid 1980'a through the early 1990's. Basically before the autograph market boom. I am planning to attend the National this year.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:54 PM
Neal

1. Name: Neal Kublin

2. Age: 44

3. Day Job: Sales Rep for Security company

4. Location: South Florida but originally from Boston,MA

5. Collecting Interests: Pre-1960 cards especially Red Sox players,team sets,etc.

6. Family: Wife Jennifer, 2 daughters

7. How Long in Hobby: Since I was 5. My dad and I use to travel all over New England to attend many shows together.

9. Do you Attend Shows: Once in a while attend a local show near the house.

10. My favorite people: All of you on N54
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (67.5 KB, 794 views)

Last edited by greenmonster66; 01-29-2011 at 03:58 PM. Reason: add photo
Old 01-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Roy Zalameda

Name - Roy Zalameda

Age - 50

Day - Spaceflight Instrument I&T Engineer ( Work for NASA, Langley Research Center )

Location - Hampton, Virginia

Collecting Interest - Brooklyn Dodger stuff, 72'Topps High numbers, vintage autographs

Family - Single

How Long in the Hobby - Since 84' Fleer update Dwight Gooden was valued at $100

Other Interest - Studying the various types of tree bark in VA ( avid golfer )

Shows attended - Last year at Chantilly VA ( Marco Rol ). I attended or set-up at 4
consecutive nationals starting in 1992 ( Anahiem, Atlanta, Arlington, and Chicago ).
I am not sure of the order, but I was there.
Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Meet and Greet

Name: Adam Goldenberg

Day Job: Food Service Equipment Broker in NC/SC

Collecting Interest: T-206 and Bert Blyleven (#1 PSA Set)

Family: Daughter 18 and Son 8

How long in the Hobby: 38 Years with breaks for trials of marriage !!

Other Interests: Bowling and Golf. Watching all sports especially the NHL

Attend Shows: Around Raleigh and some others including the National, Chantilly, Philly and others.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:29 PM
J僃 ß@rl0w

Default Cool Thread

Stumbled upon this thread today, thought it was cool, so wanted to start it back up for new members since it's been idle.

Name: Jeff Barlow

Day Job: Sales Engineer for integration/mapping/business intelligence software company in PA

Location: Austin, TX (previously Shenandoah, PA...for 30 years)

Collecting Interest: T-206, PSA graded, mostly HOFers

Family: Wife Jill, daughter Lauren (3 years old)

How long in the Hobby: Collected for about 15 years (all shiny new stuff and Kenner SLUs, took a break, recently re-entered with a pre-war only interest)

Other Interests: Fantasy baseball and football, craft beers, NY Giants, Yankees, Knicks, Duke Blue Devils, whipping myself into better shape

Attend Shows: Not to this point

Last edited by bundy462; 03-05-2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:43 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

1. Name- Frank Burkett

2. Age- Will you still need me When I'm 64, looking more like my avatar Jess every day.

3. Day job- formerly a general surgeon

4. Location- Minocqua, Wisconsin

5. Collecting interest- currently vintage finishing my monster and as well as vintage type collector. Unloading my closet of newer stuff.

6. Family- wife, five children, two grandchildren

7. How long in hobby- reentered in 1990.

8. Other interests- bowling, golf and reading

9. Do you attend shows? I live in the woods.

Last edited by frankbmd; 03-06-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:47 PM
Brian J0hns0n

1. Name: Brian Johnson

2. Age: 49

3. Day job: Land Surveyor

4. Location: Freeport, Maine

5. Collecting interest: T206, Diamond Stars, Topps 1952-1972, wrappers & empty boxes

6. Family: Wife, Son 18, Daughter 16

7. How long collecting: 1968-1980 as a youth, 1992-present as adult

8. Other interests: Camping, hiking, bicycling, snowmobiling, woodworking

9. Do you attend shows: 1 per year...GBSCC show outside Boston
Old 03-05-2012, 01:19 PM
I@n Cl@rke

1. Name- Ian Clarke

2. Age- 35

3. Day job- Regional Sales Manager (Sales/Engineer)- Western US for international company

4. Location- San Francisco, CA, 3 blocks from my favorite spot- AT&T Park

5. Collecting interest- just about any and all HOFers pre- 1980, with lots of 40's/50's/60's Topps/Bowman, though focus last few years has been almost all pre-war.. T206, T205, T202, N28, Goudey, Play Ball, E's.. want more N172, N162, CJ (any), M116... Love all the big names/legends- Ty and Cy, Wagner, Matty, WaJo, Speaker, Ruth, Gehrig, DiMaggio, Williams, Jackie, Aaron, Mantle, Mays etc. but am not exlusive to any type/set/player

6. Family- girfriend who will be my wife in May, hopefully kids to follow shortly after

7. How long in hobby- 32 years- first wax packs in 1980. Packs only 1980-1988, went to first show in 1988, began collecting seriously at that point and never stopped.

8. Other interests- Watching and playing sports- baseball/football/basketball, travelling, movies, history

9. Do you attend shows? I've never travelled for a show. I used to go to the old Moscone Center show in SF as a kid, and recently have been going about every other year to the TriStar show at the Cow Palace in SF. Almost never buy, just look at all the nice stuff. Would like to go to a National at some point.

Last edited by itjclarke; 03-05-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Old 03-05-2012, 01:32 PM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

Default better late than never...

1. Name: Pete

2. Age: 22

3. Day job: Risk analyst (i'm a huge math nerd)

4. Location: NY

5. Collecting interest: e104, e107, caramels

6. Family: Single!

7. How long collecting: Since 2006

8. Other interests: reading, hockey, oakland raiders, and drinking "socially"

9. Do you attend shows: not yet

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 03-05-2012, 01:51 PM
Rawn Hill

Amazing how many collectors are single, guess we are just really picky as to conditon. Yes, single and staying that way.

Rawn
Old 03-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Andrew Parks

Name: Andrew Parks

Home: Clermont, FL 15 miles from Orlando

Work: High School English teacher at Leesburg HS

Years in Hobby: Started collecting T205s around 2001, sold all 104 of them and put the E102 set together which is still on the SGC registry under APs E102s. I sold that collection and started putting together a Matty collection. I sold most of my stuff, regretfully now, and have been out of the hobby for four years. Just started within the last few months. I used to post on the old Net 54 site. I recognize a lot of you guys from buying and selling with you.

Other interests: I play a lot of poker in a free league and at the Hard Rock and Daytona Kennel club.

Shows: I went to the National in Atlanta in mid 2000s. That was my last show.
Old 03-05-2012, 03:06 PM
Jason Stricker

Name: Jason Stricker

Day Job: Online Marketer, Food Blogger, Photographer

Collecting Interest: T206 (14 to go!), W512. Some interest in Old Judges, T-210 series 2

Family: Wife of 4 years

How Long Collecting: 1987-1992 (as a kid), 2010-present

Other Interests: Revolutionary American history, photography (http://JasonStrickerPhotography.com), golf, guitar, food (http://www.CookingShorts.com)

Shows: Chantilly, will attend National this year
Old 03-05-2012, 08:21 PM
Chr!$ "Bubba" L@mb

1. Given Name- Chris Lamb - Better Known as "Bubba" (Childhood nickname that stuck)

2. Age- 35

3. Day job- Small Business Owner / Trophies, Awards, T-Shirts & Promotional Products

4. Location- Orlando, FL

5. Collecting interest- Cincinnati Reds cards. It is my ambitious & unrealistic goal to get one of every pre-1990 Reds card ever made.

6. Family- wife of 5 amazing years, two rambunctious sons 3 1/2 & 1 1/2

7. How long in hobby- since I "worked" my first card show at the ripe old age of 5. My parents owned a card shop from 1988 to 2001.

8. Other interests- bowling, poker, karaoke, fantasy sports, reading

9. Do you attend shows? Been to the National for the past few years. No local shows to speak of anymore.

Last edited by peterose4hof; 03-05-2012 at 08:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 AM
Jason Wells

Name: Jason Wells

Day Job: Executive Chef

Collecting Interest: T209,T210,Ty Cobb,Anything Richmond Colts,Anything Virginia League

Family: 11 Year Old Son

How Long Collecting: Been Back 1 Year

Other Interests: Vintage Tattoo Memorabilia

Shows:Chantilly and Raleigh Yearly,Local Shows,Baltimore National This Year.

Last edited by Jason; 10-26-2015 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:09 AM
nels0n aud.et

1. Name- Nelson

2. Age- 30 years old

3. Day job- salesman in a ford dealer in quebec canada

4. Location- Quebec Canada

5. Collecting interest- T206, i love the look of these card and the history arround this set, you can work all your life arround this set and you will probably have not enough time with your life to collect all of them... many error, variation, back etc... i love it.

6. Family- wife & 4 month son

7. How long in hobby- since 1990 in hockey but new in baseball t206

8. Other interests- American Muscle car Mopar ( i own a 69 RT charger )

9. Do you attend shows? No

Last edited by g_vezina_c55; 03-06-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 03-06-2012, 10:26 AM
Matt

1. Name- Matt Tuxhorn

2. Age- 28

3. Day job- CFO for a Crop Consulting Firm, Co-Owner of 10 Mobile Home Parks in 3 states.

4. Location- Dodge City, Kansas

5. Collecting interest- T200, T201, T202, T3, & B18 Blankets

6. Family- wife, 3 month old daughter, boxer

7. How long in hobby- Off and on since 1990

8. Other interests- Researching the history of Dodge City, golfing, fishing, riding horses, going to Rockies games with my wife and daughter.

9. Do you attend shows? As much as I can.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:39 AM
Jeff P

Name: Jeff Payne

Day Job: Software

Current Set Collecting Interests (Raw or Graded)
Football: 1894 Mayo, 1926 Shotwell, '30 Wheaties
Baseball: t206, 1951 Bowman, 1953 Topps, 1955 Topps, 1960 Topps

Family: Two sons, 14 and 12 who both play baseball

How long in the Hobby: back in the hobby for 5 years after 25 year break

Other Interests: Little League Coach

Attend Shows: My boys and I hit pretty much all of the local shows in this area including: Chantilly, Shoffs in Tysons Corner VA, Maughansville Ruritans, Rick's Card Shows in Winchester VA, CAC Collect shows in PA and MD, Fairfax VA show at Best Western, etc. Planning to head to Baltimore for the National Show for the first time!
Old 03-06-2012, 04:01 PM

Name: Joe Kemmett

Job: Police Detective

Current Interests: Any Black Sox Cards, Ruth, Gehrig, and Mantle cards. Am currently building a T201 set of PSA 4's or better, and of course, anything related to Moonlight Graham!!

Family: Awesome wife and beautiful 1 year old baby boy Finn!!

Other Interests: Music

Attend Shows: The National when it's in Cleveland and of course the Strongsville show.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:26 PM
Jimmy

Default Meet and Greet

1. Name- Jimmy Piccuito

2. Age- 36

3. Day job- GIS

4. Location- MA

5. Collecting interest- anything prewar

6. Family- wife, 2 kids

7. How long in hobby- 25 years and counting

8. Other interests- camping, fishing and just being with my family

9. Do you attend shows? yes in the Boston area, also setup a table at a few!
Old 03-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

1. Name- Chris Partin

2. Age- 38

3. Day job- Pastor of Plymouth Baptist Church

4. Location- Raleigh, NC

5. Collecting interest- 50-70's topps cards

6. Family- Wife of 15 years and three sons

7. How long in hobby- Since I was 8

8. Other interests- LOVE college basketball especially UNC

9. Do you attend shows? Yes. Mainly in Raleigh
Old 03-06-2012, 06:33 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Can't believe I missed this the first time around

Name: Ed McCollum

Day Job: Graphic Design Director for nonprofit provider of services for the intellectually and developmentally disabled (visit our website www.mosaicinfo.org)

Collecting Interest: T-206s with a rubber stamp on the back from Howe McCormick, 500 W. Main St., Gainesville, Fal

Family: wife of 24 years Loretta, son George, Senior at Augustana College, Rock Island, IL

How long in the Hobby: since 1972. Collected complete sets of Topps for 38 years until selling them all a year ago February to concentrate on rebuilding Howe's collection.

Other Interests: restoring our home one room at a time.

Attend Shows: one in the last twelve years. It was a disappointment. Nothing but shiney new stuff
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 03-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Daniel Alsup

1. Name - Daniel Alsup

2. Age - 36

3. Day job - Gunnery Sergeant United States Marine Corps -Intel/Imagery Analyst

4. Location - Fayetteville, NC

5. Collecting interest - collecting T206s on a tight wife monitored budget

6. Family - Wife of 12 years (Jaime) and an 11 year old son (Austin)

7. How long in hobby - on and off since 1997, mostly modern day stuff

8. Other interests - Autism Awareness, Howard Stern, and Militaria

9. Do you attend shows? not yet

Old 03-06-2012, 07:45 PM
John Clowes

1. Name - John Clowes

2. Age - 51

3. Day job - Program Manager for Verizon Business

4. Location - Cranberry Twp, PA (outside of PITTSBURGH)

5. Collecting interest - Pittsburgh Pirates 1887+

6. Family - Married 26 years, 2 sons (15 & 11), none of whom understand my collecting interest.

7. How long in hobby - on and off since 1970. Mom didn't throw my cards away!

8. Other interests - volleyball official/coach, Miracle League baseball coach, starting new p/t job this spring as datacaster for MLB at PNC Park.

9. Do you attend shows? not yet
Old 03-07-2012, 06:17 AM
Ke.n K0hen

1. Name- Ken Cohen

2. Age- 60

3. Day job- retired foreign service officer (still working part-time going out overseas to work a couple of times a year)

4. Location- Alexandria, Virginia (across the Potomac from DC)

5. Collecting interest- mostly pre-1940 - recent emphasis on type cards but can't seem to totally pull away from sets. Just completed M101-2.

6. Family- wife and 2 sons both of whom have now crossed over to the northside of their 20s

7. How long in hobby- as adult, about 15 years

8. Other interests- shooting, good bourbon (not simultaneously)

9. Do you attend shows? Yes, if work does not interfere. Have been setting up at Chantilly, Oaks, and Pittsburgh (Robert Morris U.)
Old 03-07-2012, 07:10 AM
Jim Mac

Name: Jim MacCord

Day Job: Cleaning,Cooking,Shopping. Retired real estate broker,my wife still works I take care of the house...aauugh.

Collecting Interests: Mainly set building. 1956, 1960 and 1963 sets.

Family: Married to my wife Sharon for 46 years, 4 grown kids and 3 grand kids

How long in the Hobby? Bought my first wax pack in 1953. And did those thick cards sound good in my bicycle spokes. Started collecting again in 1982 when my kids got the collecting fever.

Other Interests: Volunteering, reading, Online Poker

Do you attend shows? Shriner's in Wilmington, Ma. Hoping to go to a National some day.