NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 04-18-2010, 01:37 PM
Tony Quinn

Default Informal T206 Poll

With all the hulla-balloo of late on this board about T206s, I thought this might be an interesting question for T206 collectors only.
Which do you collect:
Fronts or backs?
Don't reply both, it's one or the other.
I know collectors like the combination of both, but I'm more interested in do you collect T206s for the beauty of the artwork and representation of the players on the front or the diversity and scarcity of the advertising on the reverse.
Also, why?
I myself collect the fronts for the players and artwork on the front and couldn't care less about the back. I wanted to get into the whole "back thing" and just realised I was missing the joys of the fronts. I sometimes wish the backs were blank so all the infighting would stop (it really wouldn't though, would it?)
So, which one is it????
Old 04-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Jim R

why can't it be both-just because you said....

I have built my set (still need about 10 fronts) making sure I get at least 10 examples of each back ad. I have several examples of the fronts that I like the most and the same goes for the backs.

Also I have moved to other vintage sets because there are too many collectors that focus on 206s. I will always pick up 206s but there is so much more out there.
Old 04-18-2010, 01:59 PM

I am a mix. I like HOFers, but don't buy them with common backs.
I tried the common back thing for a while (set building), but I couldn't do it. The set is just to big, and every time something tough would come up I would sell the commons to buy it.
I think I could do higher grades without caring about the back (high grade stuff is really pretty), but can't afford it.
I guess I am a back collector, but I like the guys on front to be famous!

Bob
Old 04-18-2010, 02:02 PM

Both.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:19 PM
Clayton

I think it will be hard for people to answer with one or the other.Both has to be an option too.
I primarily am a front collector,but try to add a wide variety of backs into the mix also,so I can end up with a very enjoyable mixture of front/back combo's.
When I look for a new card,my first focus is always who is on the front.When I decide on a player,I check around to see what front/back combos are available(within my price range).If there are,say,a Nap Lajoie w/bat Piedmont and another Nap Lajoie w/bat Polar Bear,within a few $$ of each other,I'd be more inclined to go for the Polar Bear.
I love the ultra rare backs-just can't afford them right now

Regards,Clayton
Old 04-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Tony Quinn

I didn't offer both as an option because I knew 99% of answers would be "both". I kind of wanted people to have to make a choice. Just curious, didn't want to make anybody uncomfortable.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:43 PM

Definitely both for me, as well. The backs tell us about the history of cards, the fronts are about the history of the sport. Best set ever...
Old 04-18-2010, 01:57 PM
Joe P.

Default Both! .....

I have two sets.

One is missing one card from the known check list, and the other is missing eight cards from that list.
Plus a back set.

Now what was your question again?

Try the search engine ... you might get some answers to your questions.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:42 PM

Default poll

Fronts for me!
Old 04-18-2010, 04:23 PM

at the moment, fronts. but in the future, i plan on looking more into backs. My goal right now is to get the set done, then focus on sub collections, like different backs.