NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-01-2009, 05:06 PM
Bob Hamlin

Default T205 Question

My father and I have decided to change direction with our overall collection and I have a question regarding T205's. We started collecting the T-205 set years ago and have assembled slightly over 2/3's of the set, including all of the HOF's. With all of the changes made to EBAY, I am shying away from selling them there. Most of them are not graded, but I would be willing to get them graded if people thought it would enhance my ability to maximize the value and reduce any doubts about the grade. My question is:

How would you liquidate them?
Where would you sell them?

I have sold an item via the B/S/T and that seemed to work out great, but is that a possibilty with that many cards?

Is the auction aspect of the B/S/T an option for some?

There is no rush and I am really only selling them because our interests have changed, an unfortunately become more expensive. So I would have time to have them graded if need be.

Any ideas would be great.
Thanks in advance for your responses

Bob
Old 11-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Pup6913

most of us T205 collectors can eyeball the raw cards with good enough F/B scans to determine a fair grade. Yes grading will deffinitaly help but is not completely necessary as some don't buy or collect graded. Make a list w/prices and post on the BST. What doesen't sell dump on Ebay. I am sure we all would make an offer for a card we may think is a bit above market, just buy the others priced right. Alterations also is an issue with raw. They would need a guarentee to grade numerically before you got full value also. I hope this helps.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:09 AM
David M.

I would agree with Andrew, but just add that anything you do try to sell on ebay, get it graded first. Ebay is a crap shoot, and you give buyers much more confidence to bid on your items when they are graded.
Old 11-02-2009, 11:22 AM
Bobby Binder

Leon's new auction format should be up any day now and I am sure he would love for you to use it.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:32 PM
Michael C

Default best way

I think the best way is to put them on BST first with good front/back scans.

Then put the rest on eBay.

Unless they are high grade (Ex or higher) then I would go the auction house route.
Old 11-02-2009, 04:46 PM
Bob Hamlin

I want to thank everyone for the quick responses. Leons auctions maybe be a great idea and at the present time ( with only a few graded) it also will be a viable option for the B/S/T as well with good scans of the F/B. I wanted to say thank you to those who have responded on the board and off.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Scott Mt. Joy

Get them graded, otherwise you are leaving money on the table. Then once graded get a daily sub to VCP and price them out. If you just dont like ebay then selling here is a good place, just have good scans and know your price. Ebay is great if you must or cant sell any here, put them on a .99 cent auction and any remaining T205's will sell for sure at market price in 7 days.