NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-02-2005, 01:15 AM
Administrator

Default O/T posts

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
Let's be cool on the O/T stuff for a few days......This is a Vintage Baseball Card forum.....remember if your last thread was O/T (that means not about vintage baseball cards) then your next one shouldn't be....or you should have at least participated in card threads....Ya'll get the point. If anyone has any questions then read the Forum Faq's and if you still don't understand post here or email me and I will 'splain. regards ....moderator dude

Old 07-03-2005, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Default O/T posts

When I say to get back to being on topic that is what I mean...I have deleted a few threads already. Nothing personal....just trying to stay more "on topic". regards ....moderator dude

Old 07-03-2005, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Default O/T posts

I guess some folks can't read. I am going to continue deleting and locking off topic threads as they have been too frequent in my opinion. I am not going to lock this so anyone can comment. Remember, this is a vintage card forum. If you have not posted about vintage cards then you shouldn't be posting off topic stuff per the Forum Faq's. Folks that always participate can still do some O/T but the frequency is just too great lately.....regards

Old 07-03-2005, 08:43 AM
Administrator

Default O/T posts

Posted By: Peter Spaeth

Leon I think what you are seeing is that people who love vintage cards also love baseball which is why some of the "who's the greatest" type posts get such a passionate response even among many of the "hardcore" vintage crowd. That said, posts like that have a natural lifespan and would die down of their own accord. I would differentiate between them and posts on what really are different subject matters like autographs, etc.

Old 07-03-2005, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Default O/T posts

I agree with you. I don't have an issue with some O/T stuff. I do have an issue with the frequency of them and with folks who never contribute to the board and then post O/T stuff. I will continue to follow the forum rules as they are today......I think they make sense. Robert just posted a thanks to veterans. I am game with that as it's the 4th of July weekend and that is a worthwhile, time relevent, topic. I hope everyone understands what I do is not personal. I have already had an email, early this morning, thanking me (not why I do it) for trying to keep somewhat focused...best regards

Old 07-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Administrator

Default O/T posts

Posted By: Julie

like I said the LAST time this came up--such questions, "who's the most" "who's the least" "who's the jerk?" involve a continuum--you can't just cut it off at 1941 (or 1918)--they involve the whole history of baseball.

I haven't gotten all bothered about 19th century players and gone off on a "they were just as good or better" tack, because, frankly, I don't know, and I don't know how to figure it out! And I'm TIRED of talking about one baseball, no grounds crew, one pitcher, no protective equipment, etc, etc. ETC!

Old 07-03-2005, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Default O/T posts

Posted By: barry arnold

I for one applaud your going with your perception/ intuition that O/T was getting a
bit out of hand.
I noticed that my interest in the threads had waned a wee bit lately--
normally, i'm consumed with them at least twice a day--
and i realized that so much O/T had been the culprit behind the waning.

thanks for the great work, Leon

all the best

Barry Arnold

Old 07-04-2005, 02:20 AM
Administrator

Default O/T posts

Posted By: BcD

Old 07-04-2005, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Default O/T posts

Posted By: Anson

I did have to laugh when I saw advertising stating: