NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
I just noticed that the changes have taken place. I will be the new forum owner and Brian McQueen will be my admin/moderator dude. Bill and I spoke about it a few weeks ago and he just didn't care to do it anymore. I think he might be out of town for a few days but since, when I post on this board as of today, I am the new forum owner, I figured I would go ahead and post about it. You won't see any changes too quickly and this forum is going to be very lenient in it's content. I would ask that it be primarily vintage baseball though. Off topic threads will be permitted but please don't make them the norm. I will be a little more strict in not letting too much personal fighting go on on the board. Like I've said a little bickering is ok, and needed, but major personal attacks will be zapped. Again, no big changes so please keep posting and learning. All are welcome. On the other "cards" board I am a little more strict in the O/T stuff but regular posters can post about vintage baseaball stuff once in a while. In a perfect world (at least mine) this particular site would be everything but cards and the other would be cards only. I will not restrict cards from this forum as more folks might feel comfortable here. regards all.....(btw, no thanks needed...I am doing it because I still love the hobby)......

ps...still mulling over the B/S/T thread ideas.....and they will stay the same for the short time being on both boards....

Old 03-15-2005, 12:12 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Ted

Your time is appreciated in this effort.

Ted
He who so shall, so shall he who!

Old 03-15-2005, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: jay behrens

Please do not change the BST and PLEASE strongly consider pre-threading like the GU board. Most of the problems that peole have had would go away and it would be much easier to locate topics of interest rahter than wading thru every post. Doing this would also mean there would be no need for a seperate board for cards since it would have it's own area here if we got he pre-threaded route.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:20 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

If you will chill just a little I promise not to change the B/S/T thread on this board. As for that other board I looked at it and quite honestly didn't care for it.....for now we stay the same....who knows what the future will hold....thanks again....

Old 03-15-2005, 12:24 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Jay Miller

Please delete the other Jay from the board---just kidding! Good luck Leon and thanks.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: davidcycleback

Elliot (board founder), Bill and Leon are all quality people, and knowledgeable collectors. The board has always been in good hands.

Applause and appreceation is due for Bill Cornell. He did good, hard work for an often thankless job.

Old 03-15-2005, 12:48 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

Glad you decided to take over for Bill, whose efforts I really appreciated. When are you planning to sleep?

Old 03-15-2005, 12:51 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: jay behrens

Leon, pre-threading makes it a lot easier for peolpe to find what they are looking for. Far too many topics are covered here now to keep running things the same old way. The current format is the whole reason that you created the other board, so that you could have area dedicated cards. Pre-threading does that. That could have been avoided by having this board pre-threaded. A lot of different topics are covered here and having things pre-threaded will make things easier for everyone. There can be threads for autographs, cards, photos, off-topic, general baseball chat, eBay scams and alerts, etc.

You say you don't like the format, but you obviously didn't like this one either, otherwise you wouldn't have started the other board.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 03-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: JimB

Big thanks again to Bill for doing this for so long. And thank you to Leon for taking the helm.
JimB

Old 03-15-2005, 01:28 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: wesley

Bill did a great job as the moderator as did Elliot before him. Their hard work is much appreciated.

The forums are still in good hands with Leon and Brian. Thank you all for providing a great place to talk about vintage cards.

Old 03-15-2005, 01:40 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: FatBoy

I too wanted to extend my thanks to Bill.....a thankless job that has always been appreciated very much by me.

Leon.....I know the horse's reins are in good hands now also.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:27 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: steve k

Congratulations to Leon on becoming the new owner. And a warm goodbye to Bill who did a tremendous job.

Old 03-15-2005, 02:36 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Julie

knew EXACTLY where to find information about ANTHING, and immediately provided a link to it. A virtual Mark Macrae...
(who provides answers to any questions over the phone...)

Old 03-15-2005, 03:08 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Cap

See ya Bill! Thanks for the Good Times! Your work was truly appreciated here and we look forward to the 'Leon'(and Brian) era to begin.

Cap

Well, I quit my job so I could work alone, Then I changed my name to Sherlock Holmes- Bob Dylan.

Cap- please don't go there- regards...leon

Old 03-15-2005, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Bob Marquette

Bill- I thought did you did a helluva job, hopefully you'll still be a regular vistor and poster.

Old 03-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Rich Klein

Tin Star soon

Rich

P.S. Seriously, good luck -- I know that monitoring a message board is hard work and you will be good at this.

Old 03-15-2005, 06:36 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Chris

Bill, thank you for your hard work and efforts!

In my brief conversations with Leon it's obvious that he has a sincere passion for the hobby and we're lucky to have him take over.

Thank you both!

Chris

Old 03-15-2005, 08:38 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Josh K.

I havent been here long, but in the time that I have been a member, I have found both Bill and Leon to be knowledgeable and very helpful. Bill - thanks, hopefully you will continue to contribute. Leon, the board is in good hands - congrats and good luck with it.

Old 03-15-2005, 08:52 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Scott Forrest

I should have stuck to my guns and stayed off of this forum - same old stuff, later

Old 03-15-2005, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: davidcycleback

I think the genre of photos fits well here. I don't know about others, but it makes my brain hurt when there are too many forums.

Old 03-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: leonl

Scott- thanks for the kind words. I don't see why a link in the vintage links section would not be worthwhile for vintage baseball photography. I will add it to the list of "to do's" and would think we could have it back up there in a day or two. There might be something that Bill needs to help Brian with though...for this and the BST thread. I also appreciate what Bill did and am just now realizing what a job it was. The only thing I see doing a tad differently is not letting quite so much fighting happen. I am in no way blaming Bill as I see how it goes now. Sometimes you guys are so smart it's hard to tell when you are slamming someone When I see someone picking a fight I will edit it. I do want to be careful but ya'll just have to trust my judgement a little bit. I prefer to error on the side of not censoring but sometimes there is no choice. So far so good.....regards all

Old 03-15-2005, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Elliot

Thanks Bill for all your hard work in taking the forum to it's next stage, and implementing some very worthwhile changes. I can certainly understand why you feel a little burnt out. A regular change in moderator is very healthy for a forum, IMO.

I'm sure Leon will do a great job....excellent choice!!! ....I just hope he knows what he got himself into with this group of miscreants.

Old 03-15-2005, 09:29 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: leonl

I tend to agree with you about too many forums....when I looked at some other sites for ideas I got friggin' (@Tbob) dizzy. Even the Baseball one and Card one are "almost" too much.....Like Scott says if it fizzles it fizzles. If it catches on then so be it. I don't see any harm in adding it to that section. I would also add a vintage baseball link for you, in the links section, if you asked ....breast regards

Old 03-15-2005, 10:12 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Paul

I've had very limited internet access lately and just learned of the change. I just want to join those who have thanked Elliot, Bill, and Leon. Leon, how do you find the time?

Old 03-15-2005, 11:10 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Julie

Vintage Photography Forum is now on page 32...now it's on page 1 again, glory be! Even after its last post, on Dec. 27, I always go back there to delete scans from my file--you can't do that here.

Old 03-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Thank You Bill

I like the idea of the connection to Scott Forrest's vintage photography forum.
It's a very interesting link, great images and it does touch all the bases.
Good thinking, good link.

Old 03-16-2005, 06:28 AM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

looks like the same old stuff.

Later

Okay - I conform

Thanks Bill for such an incredible and wonderful moderating job. I wish we could go back to that wonderful "single forum, everything goes" approach that worked so darned well.

Now, is everyone happy? You can quit calling and emailing Leon about that mean Scott. I'm going for a run, and I might just burn all those obnoxious pieces of cardboard when I get back.

Old 03-16-2005, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: andy becker

thanks for the wonderfull job bill. good luck leon.
you guys (and elliot too) are AWESOME!!!

Old 03-16-2005, 01:04 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Patrick McMenemy

Bill:

Thanks for doing a great job with the board...best of luck carrying the torch Leon.

Patrick

Old 03-16-2005, 01:19 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: John

Congratulations Leon.

Thanks for all your time and energy Bill you did a great job.

Old 03-16-2005, 05:29 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

Posted By: Mark Evans

Thanks to Bill for carrying on in Elliot's outstanding tradition. Best wishes and support for Leon. Mark

Old 03-16-2005, 07:21 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

edited

Old 03-16-2005, 08:25 PM
Administrator

Default new forum owner

edited