NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 08-13-2014, 08:27 AM
John Hanssen

Default Help with info on Minor Leage baseballs 40s/50s

A great friend of mine dropped off nice group of vintage baseball equipment. Among it was 4 new in box (only 1 opened) Wilson, American Association, A1010, Bruce Dudley balls.

And a official League, Southern League, No. 5, (with a large CB co logo).

I can find some info on the Am Assoc balls but nothing on the Southern leage ball.
Is there a good website or book that I can date this ball or find other examples of balls from that time frame.

Any help with either type balls or related item would be great.

Thanks guys ahead of time. John
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (73.5 KB, 125 views)

Last edited by nebboy; 08-13-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 08:29 AM
John Hanssen

Southern League Ball
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (74.6 KB, 125 views)
Old 08-13-2014, 10:45 AM

I don't know the CB Co, but I have that style of Southern League, along with another manufacturer, Phoenix with multi colored stitches. witster
Old 08-13-2014, 04:47 PM
Dan Bretta

1950s era...the Wilson AA balls sealed are worth $50-$80 each...pretty common ball, there must have been a stash of those things out there. The Southern League ball appears to be the same era. Is there a league president stamp on it?
Old 08-13-2014, 05:31 PM
Skip

If the American Association ball has "Bruce Dudley" as president (that's what it looks like to me), he served as head of the AA from 1949-1953. Interested if the Southern League ball has a president designation on it, too.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:53 PM
John Hanssen

Thanks everyone for the interest and answers.

The Southern league No.5 cushioned cork center & CB Co. has no other markings on ball (ie. president signature) that is not show in photo. I wasn't finding much info on a "One Official League Baseball" brand and weather or not it was used much in Minor Leagues in the early 50s Sara. That large CB Co. Logo isn't something I have found on another ball as yet. Official League is such a common name for a Google search I never was able to find any good info.

Again any further help welcomed - Thanks John
Old 08-13-2014, 08:06 PM
John Hanssen

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
1950s era...the Wilson AA balls sealed are worth $50-$80 each...pretty common ball, there must have been a stash of those things out there.
The value of the NOS balls are spot on from what I could come up with, so thanks Dan.

My first thought when I first saw them that they were early Omaha Dodgers related. But president Dudley years with the AA is just off by a year.
I spoke to my freind that gave me the these balls, gloves ect. Said it all came from a trunk he had with everything was dated 1951. He just didn't remember anything about the balls and were he got them.

Last edited by nebboy; 08-13-2014 at 08:06 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:11 PM
Jim Murphy

The cb co. Balls are from a local sporting goods store or hardware store. Generic in nature made for the store.