NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-16-2017, 03:29 PM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Default 1912 Home Run Kisses

So the other day in this thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=240980

Tim asked Rhett to start a thread about an obscure set, but he never did. Since I just got this Ables card today, I figured maybe I would. Also I have never seen a thread that was just about Home Run Kisses, so I figured I would give it a shot.

When I saw this Ables card, I started trying to figure out what to pay for it. I could find it was check listed, but I could not find any in SGC or PSA Pop Reports, but that doesn't mean anything. I also could not find another image of it anywhere, but that doesn't mean anything either. So I bid what I could guess to be a decent amount and won. I asked a PCL collector what he thought, he said he didn't know that it was anything harder than all the others to find, and he didn't know anyone specifically looking for this particular card, so now I know it is a typically difficult Home Run Kisses. So, does anyone find there are any specifically tough HRKs? And, while we are here, show your stuff! I don't have any particularly nice ones, but here are the ones I have:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ables007-tile.jpg (39.8 KB, 407 views)

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com

Last edited by edjs; 06-19-2017 at 04:31 PM. Reason: Change to different scans of same cards.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:41 PM
Val Kehl

My type card is nothing to write home about, but I like it because of the Collins-McCarthy advertising on the back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1912-E136-HRK Van Buren-front.jpg (78.3 KB, 630 views)
File Type: jpg 1912-E136-HRK Van Buren-back.jpg (78.0 KB, 631 views)
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 06-16-2017, 05:53 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Originally Posted by edjs View Post
So the other day in this thread:

Tim asked Rhett to start a thread about an obscure set, but he never did.
Dang, Tough Crowd!

There definitely seem to be some of the 1912 HRK cards that appear less frequently than others but it can be tough to determine with a set that is as hard to find as the HRK set. I have never actively pursued them like I have with the Zeenut cards, probably due to the cost on a per item basis but do add them whenever I have the chance. I have 15 examples of the 90 in my collection but have had many opportunities to pick others but opted for other cards.

I love the look of the cards and some of the action shots are great, others are odd (pretty typical with the Zeenut/HRK cards).

Honestly, probably the most common player in the set may be Heitmuller, and he always seems to have the ad back. I wonder if he was an early season giveaway to promote the set or if they just made more of him. Very similar to the 1912 Zeenut Otto Auer card, cool catching pose but a very common card and most have the tougher to find ad back (the ad back is tough to find on non-Auer cards... Auer nearly always has it and he is common). Strange!

**A side note on Heinie Heitmuller-- He was a major star and won the 1912 PCL batting title...POSTHUMOUSLY! That is right, he had contracted typhoid fever and died on October 8, 1912. The season ended shortly thereafter and he ended up winning the batting title.

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 06-16-2017, 07:10 PM

Default 1912 Home Run Kisses

The 1912 Home Run Kisses set is one of my favorites.

I have a run of catchers in the set, and believe I need only the Ralph Kreitz HRK card to complete the catcher run.

Here's the link to my webpage for the 1912 HRK catchers.

http://home.myfairpoint.net/vintagec...her/id101.html

At the beginning of the year, I was able to pick up a large photo that originated from Claude Berry's estate that was the source photo for his 1912 Home Run Kisses card.

Patrick
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BERRYSOURCEPHOTO.jpg (26.0 KB, 596 views)

Last edited by Vintagecatcher; 06-17-2017 at 07:58 AM.
Old 06-17-2017, 07:53 AM
Dan Studebaker

Very nice companion piece Patrick!

Great thread, unfortunately I have never had one of these as I am worried I would start on the set and as Rhett mentioned that is an investment.
Old 06-17-2017, 08:18 AM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Great Great Great looking cards
Old 06-17-2017, 09:21 AM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

You guys think we can get them all shown here? Keep the pictures coming!

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com